After 10 years off, I'm returning to the ring! Spar [Video]b

UPDATE Day 3.

Not alot to report on, it was a bit hotter today and the Gym has no ac so there's that.

I did 2 drags with the big tire, 4 rounds on speed bag, 2 rounds on heavy bag, 1 round on double end. My body is responding really well to the increased workload and I think mentally just working towards a goal has really energized me and lifted my mood. I'm jogging up stairs, excitedly springing out of bed in the morning. This could have just as much to do with diet change as anything else but I'm just enjoying the feeling.

Speaking of Diet, up to the day before I started going to the gym I was eating exactly everything you shouldn't. Taco bell nearly daily, 3-5 sodas a day, would polish off a large pizza by myself for dinner.
I quit all that cold turkey. Now I'm only drinking water, skipping breakfast altogether, have been eating either a salad or sushi for lunch and have cut down my dinner portions sizes by more than half. I've lost 5 lbs in under 3 days which sounds like a huge exaggeration but remember I'm 300 lbs, a weight maintained by terrible habits and limited physical activity. This is 1.6% of my body weight and its completely unnoticeable other than on the scale.

I won't be able to go back till monday, but I got a speed bag and heavy bag at home so will definitely put some work in over the weekend.

Last edited:
Update Day 4,5,6

I did 6 1 minute sprints friday, took saturday off, and did 6 1 minute sprints again sunday.

I've maintained my diet pretty well outside an attack buy a stray bag of oreos saturday night. You can get iceberg lettuce $2 for 2 heads, which has really been the baseline for my meals lately. As this is very cheap, I went all out on the add ins- I've got olives, blue cheese crumbles, broccoli, boiled eggs. I also bought 10 lbs of boneless skinless chicken thighs and cooked all of it in a pressure cooker and portioned it out for my salads. I've got celery and cream cheese, some cheap steaks etc- point is I've found a good balance to give me variety in a healthy diet that is also just as cheap as my old eating habits.

Update Day 7
Today, (monday,) was a 4hr gym day for me. I wanted to take it easy when I got there in hopes of sparring midway through. However There is a guy with a fight coming up doing a circuit with the trainer and Richard tells me "David get in there with them, do something different."

Their routine for today was 3 different type of explosive push-ups, a medicine ball toss.

Push up 1 was hands on a short bench with feet on the ground, do a full push up, clap hands behind back as you come down. x7

Push up 2 was do a normal push up on the ground over a medicine ball beneath the chin, as you reach the top push off to get both hands on the medicine ball and finish the Push-up. x7

Push up 3 was hold a small medicine ball under 1 hand as you do a push up, on the way roll the ball to your other hand and complete the push up. x7

Medicine ball toss was what was easiest for me, Lay back on a large yoga ball type leather ball, another person throws a beach ball sized medicine ball from a few feet back, You catch then Lean back as far as you can go then come up and toss back. x7

Once you finished this circuit, it was time to repeat 2 more times. A Push up as a 300lb out of shape man is hard enough, I'm essentially benching at least 170 each time. A push up with this zany shit put in? I made it exactly 1 circuit before my pitiful continuance was to attempt a single push up until my arms gave out and I fell back. The trainer apparently viewed this as both acceptable and hilarious because he kept cheering when I did this. I was able to do all 3 rounds on the medicine ball toss(probably because it didn't rely my actual body weight to perform.)

2 females joined the routine half way and though I'm ashamed to admit it, it was a bit unsettling. Totally in my own head but this embarrassing humiliating scenario among men is easy to sluff off. Sweating and being a gross spent man around 2 woman was just nerve racking, no other way to put it. I'm aware they had similar feelings if not worse, but this just made me even more self conscious about their self consciousness and then I'm lost in my head because I'm trying to make sure I'm not paying them any attention but not so much that I appear unfriendly. Whatever, no big right?

Wrong, next set of exercises are a rope ladder laid across the ring and ever more complicated series of ways of stepping through it. Messing up on this was occasionally was bad enough, but I was also genuinely gassing from doing it. And finally since this is all taking place in an elevated ring, it sounds like an elephant crushing a steel building as I go through the various courses. I'm a shy guy about certain things I guess. I don't dance for example. Physically looking like an idiot in front of strangers is a phobia I suppose I've never moved passed.

So anyway half way through that I quit that, which was for the better I believe since the females could go back to clapping for mr. 4 weeks out from fight camp doing rope ladder dancing and even a rope ladder push up series where off each push up you get to the next square.

I moved on from this tragedy and onto the speedbag to dull my sense of shame. In total I did 3 full rounds on the speed bag, 1 full round on the heavy bag, 3 full rounds on the double end bag(which I've actually gotten decent at now after never having used one before) 2 big tire drags and a 3 minute sprint on an exercise bike.

I got to talk boxing with a 37-7 pro who was just aching for someone to pick his brain about boxing- the actual fighting part. He showed me some counters and corrected the way I was showing him I counter. It was the most fun part of the day for me. He heavily recommended shadow boxing, said none of the other stuff really improved your fighting but you will fight exactly like you shadowbox.

Now my pecks and front shoulders are torn to hell, I'm hoping they'll feel a lot better tomorrow. If not it'll probably just be 9 rounds shadow boxing and that'll be it.

Last edited:
Update Day 8

As suspected my chest, wings, front of my shoulders and triceps were dripping with pain.

I decided to take it easy today and take the old timer's advice about shadow boxing. I set out to do 6 rounds, followed by a tire drag or 2.

I did my 6 rounds and was chattin around the gym when The pro(goes by holloywood) a month away from fight day and his trainer are doing some exercise that they call me over to partake in.

You grab ahold of this bar that is about at waist level, lower to just past a squat then leap off just the balls of your feet 150 times. I took a break at just past halfway but managed to get through it.

I bugged Hollywood about sparring me a round and guess what! We're gonna do it tomorrow when I get there. Here goes Nothing....

I'll try to get someone to video but its just about if someone at the gym is willing.

Last edited:
Good luck with this venture, I'm a quite big guy (6'6, 240lbs), I used to be a total fatso before i started BJJ (300lbs+). If you've got the balls to get beat up every week for 3 years, combat sports are the greatest shit ever, there is no better exercise than fighting another dude, I've tried a lot of different shit, nothing gets you in shape like fighting dudes and you are never too old to do it. I also have a lot of respect for everyone who is willing to compete in front of a large audience too, the lows are low, but man....the highs are high, good luck dude.

Update Day 9 (Forgive my unusual brevity i'm a 2 days behind and my time is strained.) Wednesday

I was supposed to spar a 5-3-3 pro who told me when we agreed to it, "better show up, dont turn into a ghost." I replied "I've never been fake in my life, not starting now."

As suspected my pecks still ache and my wings have not recovered at all, my speed bagging has kept them tore up and it took me till after today to figure out thats why it wouldn't recover. Anyway he doesn't show up and its a relief-I've got no power with my wings in this shape. But there is a guy there, 15-2 amateur, manages the boxers at the gym goes by Keith. A 185'er in tremendous shape he happily agrees to spar with me after he asked why I asked about Hollywood being here and says he loves it.

Rd. 1
So I gear up and we touch gloves. I start with a couple tapping jabs to make sure the advantage I think I have in my Jab is real and they work beautifully. I tap a few to the body and having a decent time going light.

Suddenly this guy leaps in with monster hook that catches my nose. I feel it bleeding right away and fear its broken. I"m thinking wtf 'who throws haymakers like this in sparring." I'm terrified my nose is going to hit again and turtle up a bit. This guy bullies his way in and starts launching big winging lefts. Luckily their so sloppy I can get out of their way on pure reflexes. He goes hard over the top with 1, misses bad and is turned away.

I drop a hammer of a right hand to which Richard(guy who owns gym,) yells "don't throw so hard work combinations." I ponder the injustice of this for a moment before snapping back to dealing with this Joe Frazier Clone. I go ahead and circle out to the center of the ring and start working stuff I saw Rigondeux doing in a binge watching session of his fights the night before. I hit a 1,2 with the second one bouncing his head off my glove hard. From here out I can control the guy with feints and have no problem avoiding his leaping lefts(though I can't say how, My body tuned up after the first nose buster and I swear I was dodging punches I didn't see coming till after I flinched out of the way.)

Anyway the typical worn out, gassed 1 week of training fighter that I am showed up late in the round but with a beefy high guard was able to avoid any real punishment.

Rd. 2
He asks me to another one and I agree so we to ouch up after the minute timer goes off and go again.

It begins similar to the first, except I don't eat the big one to start. While I've got my wind I'm able to keep distance and fight intelligently. Unfortunately this comes much earlier, this round, around 1:30. I retreat to the ropes, get my guard tight and curl over to help guard my body. His reaction to this is spam upper cuts, which at the very least made me come out of the position even if they didn't land. I pop up away from the third one he throws and he's on my right up against my right arm so the only thin I can really throws is a Jab. It lands but he's still in close and I've still got my throbbing nose on my mind so I hold my jab out like a stiff arm as I circle out. I try to keep him away from my huffing and puffing corpse with jabs but he keeps walking into me as they've got nothing on them, He finally lands another good left that puts my head gear off balance but I just cover and move out with all the speed of a starving elephant. He keeps chasing me down, still at 100% stamina wise. I work some feints since its all i have energy and that freezes him a bit before he leaps again with a left. It misses but im too tired to do do anything but cover so from there he launches a few to body that land partially on my elbow. The round ends and I collapse in a panting heap.

The guy was friendly, smiled afterward- I guess to him sparring means going this hard, a lesson you have to learn about each person you spar. Personally I think sparring should just be light stuff, only landing hard because of the other person's movement into a punch. But I'm big and can take it so whatever, I'll adjust.

He tells me I'm a tricky fighter, and I reply "yeh I'm more a thinker than a boxer." I thank him for sparring with me and he thanks me back.

I spend the rest of the day as follows 2 rounds on the heavy bag, 1 round on the speed bag, 2 rounds shadow boxing, 2 rounds 1-2'ing the double end bag. For posterity sake I've made it a habit to always drag the tire at least once before I leave. I get that out of the way recover decently quick, then sit and eat my broccoli addled salad before leaving.

Here's my bloody nose:
g360VCw.jpg

On a side note, this picture inspired me to shave my face so the next pic will be less scruffy lol.

Last edited:
Good for you brother. I'm going to keep up with this thread and live vicariously through you. Seriously though, I hope you're proud of yourself. It's not easy being 30 with kids and STARTING what you're doing. Keep it up!

Update Day 10, The Return of Hollywood on a Thursday

My plan today was just to do 3 tire drags and head out. So I get to the gym and the pro I was supposed to spar with is there.

I say "hey man what happened yesterday?"

He gives me a grumpy reply, "Get your shit on."

I was not ready for this, I certainly hadn't thought about it again till now. But I'm also not a pussy, fuck this guy. I"m feeling much better than yesterday anyway so he kinda fucked up not showing up then is how I feel about. So I start putting on my stuff and am actually pretty care free about it. The lyrics to Hall and Oate's "Rich Girl" are playing over and in my head from a morning radio bit I listen to on my commute and I'm relaxed. The only way the XL body cup the gym has fits me right now is to just put it on be and duck tape it on.

I climb into the ring and immediately the 1 minute between round timer goes off and Hollywood's trainer says "go for it."

We meet in the center of the ring and he has an intense pissed look on his face. I try to touch a glove but he refuses. I'm trying to keep in my happy relaxed pace so I don't gas and can think better. The way I envision this going is I throw a jab and this guy slips it and slobberknocks me.

But that is not what happens. I flick a jab and it lands. So I do it again, it lands again. My binge the previous night was early aggressive Floyd, and he did a ton of body jabs so I try one and it lands too. I'm feelin pretty good and try a combo rigondeux does where he faints straight, then feints a jab then comes with a real uppercut to the body. That missed, badly. I Jab and he steps towards me behind it, a mistake for him as this jab was just for setting up my straight and since he's stepping in it lands with an echoing thud.

He backs up and I say "sorry man, you good?" and try to touch up with him- again he refuses. He presses forward throwing punches I can staying away from and I i'm jabbing every now and then as I start to feel my stamina fading. I slowly retreat back to my friendly resting place on the ropes and turtle up. He notices my change in disposition and starts getting very heavy handed. Very angry stuff is landing all over my guard, I let one hit and start an overhand right before I see his head is nearly directly in front of my left hand so I shorten it up and it lands softly. As he turns I land a jab that he comes in behind and his arms tangle beneath mine. I squeeze down on his arms with mine for my own safety then shove him off me to break. His trainer yells in from the side "Hey man, don't be pushing."

I'm tired but got enough to throw trigger step jabs, and I throw 3 in a row, first and last one land. He moves inside again I defend well and step back out of the way of his punches. Now I'm huffing and puffing and I know I can't keep throwing punches for now. I back off slowly again into the ropes and he comes in. I get my guard up and curl my body again protecting from hooks and I anticipate having to stand up to get out of the way an upper cut and countering.

But this guy just starts throwing hay makers at the back of my head, 1 lands, 2, then a third. The only thing saving me really is that this guy can't hit for shit- direct punches on the back of my head did nothing. I know punches to the back of the head are Illegal but no one in the gym seems to care about it as much they did about me pushing my way out of the clench. I circle out with a sloppy right hand check that doesn't land hard but gets me out in the open. He walks me down again as I barely have enough to step any longer. This guys is pissed about something, im sure of it after the back of the head bullshit and I"m worried he's gonna close and go for that shit again. I consider telling him I'm done but hold out just a bit longer as he does his best foreman impression on me against the ropes and the round ends.

He says "You learn anything?" and hops out of the ring. I reply, "yeah of course." The rest of the day him and his trainer who had been friendly with me before this avoided eye contact with me, and didn't say a word to me. He was probably a bit embarrassed that even though he was a pro I was able to control him completely while I had gas. He expected to jump in the ring and teach me a lesson- which he did but not the one he hoped.

I go ahead and do my 3 tire drags and a 3:15 minute work out on the exercise bike where I roll my fist for first minute, throw combos during second, defend and counter during third minute, then finish with a 15 second all out pedaling as hard as I can so I'm sure I've got nothing left.

The more I think about the behind the head punches the more pissed I get. I will have my vegeance for that shit, it's given me extra motivation on working my cardio so I can get in there and just beat him to fuck and make him quit. I'm a level headed guy, but even with a level head I think what he did was really fucked up. I'm not hurt or anything, but I could have been, and thats what he wanted. As soon as I feel I can go hard for 3 minutes I'm gonna make him get in with me again, and this time I'm not gonna be nice. No saying sorry for landing a hard one, no gassing before the round is over so he can just tee off- He can't hit for shit and I already know it so I just need to get my stamina working right and I'm gonna just gonna run him over next time.

On the bright side, I know now that my strategic thinking combined with my natural fighting instincts and jab are good enough to handle a low tier pro. The only thing in my way is cardio, and I'm fixing that shit as fast as I can.

Last edited:
Good for you brother. I'm going to keep up with this thread and live vicariously through you. Seriously though, I hope you're proud of yourself. It's not easy being 30 with kids and STARTING what you're doing. Keep it up!

Ha thanks man. It's just this gnawing itch because I always felt like a super talented boxer and I never really put myself to the test to find out how far that could carry me. I'm learning pretty quickly that even at 30 my presence of mind and good defensive instincts is still good enough to hang with anyone, its just a matter of being able to get to where I can breathe for an entire round lol.

Thats cool you're challenging yourself and sticking with it. I have nothing to add but good luck. Hope you get what you want out of it.

My plan today was just to do 3 tire drags and head out. So I get to the gym and the pro I was supposed to spar with is there.

I say "hey man what happened yesterday?"

He gives me a grumpy reply, "Get your shit on."

I was not ready for this, I certainly hadn't thought about it again till now. But I'm also not a pussy, fuck this guy. I"m feeling much better than yesterday anyway so he kinda fucked up not showing up then is how I feel about. So I start putting on my stuff and am actually pretty care free about it. The lyrics to Hall and Oate's "Rich Girl" are playing over and in my head from a morning radio bit I listen to on my commute and I'm relaxed. The only way the XL body cup the gym has fits me right now is to just put it on be and duck tape it on.

I climb into the ring and immediately the 1 minute between round timer goes off and Hollywood's trainer says "go for it."

We meet in the center of the ring and he has an intense pissed look on his face. I try to touch a glove but he refuses. I'm trying to keep in my happy relaxed pace so I don't gas and can think better. The way I envision this going is I throw a jab and this guy slips it and slobberknocks me.

But that is not what happens. I flick a jab and it lands. So I do it again, it lands again. My binge the previous night was early aggressive Floyd, and he did a ton of body jabs so I try one and it lands too. I'm feelin pretty good and try a combo rigondeux does where he faints straight, then feints a jab then comes with a real uppercut to the body. That missed, badly. I Jab and he steps towards me behind it, a mistake for him as this jab was just for setting up my straight and since he's stepping in it lands with an echoing thud.

He backs up and I say "sorry man, you good?" and try to touch up with him- again he refuses. He presses forward throwing punches I can staying away from and I i'm jabbing every now and then as I start to feel my stamina fading. I slowly retreat back to my friendly resting place on the ropes and turtle up. He notices my change in disposition and starts getting very heavy handed. Very angry stuff is landing all over my guard, I let one hit and start an overhand right before I see his head is nearly directly in front of my left hand so I shorten it up and it lands softly. As he turns I land a jab that he comes in behind and his arms tangle beneath mind. I squeeze down on his arms with mine for my own safety then shove him off me to break. His trainer yells in from the side "Hey man, don't be pushing."

I'm tired but got enough to throw trigger step jabs, and I throw 3 in a row, first and last one land. He moves inside again I defend well and step back out of the way of his punches. Now I'm huffing and puffing and I know I can't keep throwing punches for now. I back off slowly again into the ropes and he comes in. I get my guard up and curl my body again protecting from hooks and I anticipate having to stand up to get out of the way an upper cut and countering.

But this guy just starts throwing hay makers at the back of my head, 1 lands, 2, then a third. The only thing saving me really is that this guy can't for shit- direct punches on the back of my head did nothing. I know punches to the back of the head are Illegal but no one in the gym seems to care about it as much they did about me pushing my way out of the clench. I circle out with a sloppy right hand check that doesn't land hard but gets me out in the open. He walks me down again as I barely have enough to step any longer. This guys is pissed about something, im sure of it after the back of the head bullshit and I"m worried he's gonna close and for that shit again. I consider telling him I'm done but hold out just a bit longer as he does his best foreman impression on me against the ropes and the round ends.

He says "You learn anything?" and hops out of the ring. I reply, "yeah of course." The rest of the day him and his trainer who had been friendly with me before this avoided eye contact with me, and didn't say a word to me. He was probably a bit embarrassed that even though he was a pro I was able to control him completely while I had gas. He expected to jump in the ring and teach me a lesson- which he did but not the one he hoped.

I go ahead and do my 3 tire drags and a 3:15 minute work out on the exercise bike where I roll my fist for first minute, throw combos during second, defend and counter during third minute, then finish with a 15 second all out pedaling as hard as I can so I'm sure I've got nothing left.

The more I think about the behind the head punches the more pissed I get. I will have my vegeance for that shit, it's given me extra motivation on working my cardio so I can get in there and just beat him to fuck and make him quit. I'm a level headed guy, but even with a level head I think what he did was really fucked up. I'm not hurt or anything, but I could have been, and thats what he wanted. As soon as I feel I can go hard for 3 minutes I'm gonna make him get in with me again, and this time I'm not gonna be nice. No saying sorry for landing a hard one, no gassing before the round is over so he can just tee off- He can't hit for shit and I already know it so I just need to get my stamina working right and I'm gonna just gonna run him over next time.

On the bright side, I know now that my strategic thinking combined with my natural fighting instincts and jab are good enough to handle a low tier pro. The only thing in my way is cardio, and I'm fixing that shit as fast as I can.

Nice thats weird sounds like the pro was using you to take his anger out on you or embarrass you for thinking you could spar with him or some shit.

Update Day 11,12,13- I'm not in the gym friday, saturday and sunday so this is a list of what I did at home.

Friday:

6 3:15 Bike Warriors(Roll fist whiled pedaling during first minute, throw combos and feint continuously while pedaling during second minute, "defend" and counter with 1 punch for 1 minute, finish with 15 seconds pedaling as hard as ya can.)
Unlimited Recovery, spread throughout day.
Plan to increase to 9 next friday, followed by 1.5 mile run the next.

Saturday, (Day off: )
3 3 minute bike sprints with only 1 minute recovery, be extra sure to give everything during last 15 seconds of each 3 minute bike sprint.
Intend to replace this with 1 Mile run after ramping into 6 3 minute bike sprints next saturday.

Sunday:

6 Bike Warriors with 1 minute rest.(Roll fist whiled pedaling during first minute, throw combos and feint continuously while pedaling during second minute, "defend" and counter with 1 punch for 1 minute, finish with 15 seconds pedaling as hard as ya can.)
Plan to increase this to 9 with 1 minute rests next sunday, then replace with 2 mile run after that.

Tomorrow I'll be back at the gym.

Last edited:
Day 14 Just gym

No excitement today, pro I sparred with still avoiding eye contact and me in general.
Work log:
6 rounds speed bag 1 minute rests
3 rounds shadow boxing in ring, 1 minute rests
3 rounds on heavy bag 1 minute rests
2 big tire drags, 1 minute rests
3 rounds on double end bag 1 minute rests
1 round on punch resistance mahine

I can feel my cardio getting better so have cut long rests from all my gym work. I regret not doing another 3 rounds of something because I had enough left to do it- but it's a long week, and I'll be back tomorrow to give more. Might do some work at home we'll see how I'm feeling.

Last edited:
Well looks like somebody has already blasted him, it's the white guy in this video:
Video Here

Maybe I should just let it go.. bah hate having a conscience.

Last edited:
Day 15 Tuesday

Had to stay home, but no way I'm skipping Cardio

9 3:15 "Bike Warriors"

DAY 16 Gym

7 Rounds Shadow Boxing
3 Rounds on Speed bag, 1 Minute rests(plan to remove rests on speedbag starting next week.)
3 Rounds on heavy bag, 1 Minute Rests
3 Rounds on Double end bag, 1 Minute Rests
3 Big Tire Drags, 3 minute Rests(3 in 1 day is a new single day record!

We're up to 19 rounds worth of Work, plan is to increase to 27 rounds within 2 weeks.

Day 17- Pulled a Rhomboid muscle and it's my Birthday!
Last night while showing my wife why my head gear was bad, I pulled the muscle that attaches from your shoulder blade to your spine. For the youngsters out there who have not yet experienced it, this feels like someone stabbed a knife into your back and left it there.

Obviously my back muscles were a bit strained from the increase workload and the pain stayed intense and surged whenever I moved for the entire day. Still, I'm on this cardio thing so I just did workouts that were easy on my back...

30 minutes on the exercise bike, followed by 3 1 minute sprints.

I turned 31 today, and allowed myself the extra special treat from my diet; a bowl of frosted mini-wheats. Other than that I've maintained well below 20 carbs a day, and while my weightloss has slowed a bit, it hasn't even been 3 weeks so I should just be happy to be rid of the 10 lbs and keep moving forward.

Day 18- Back goes from 30% to 90% overnight, Happy Friday!

When I hurt my back 2 days ago at roughly 10pm, I took 2 muscle relaxers and went to bed. The next day was hell, Before bed I took 2 more muscle relaxers 800mg Ibuprofen. And today, I'm feeling much better. The pain remaining is less stabby and more just stiffness. Genuinely went from 30% to 90% overnight.

Still I want my to back get back to 100% so I can get back to hard training, so it was another exercise bike day:
40 Minutes on the Exercise bike
6 1 Minute sprints

Next friday I expect to replace this with a 1.5 mile run but don't have a really good idea how hard running a mile will be for me right now. Either way, I'm constantly ramping up my cardio work outs assuming that the transition to running will be harder still.

Last edited:
Running sucks, but good luck. You are getting after it. Props.

Day 18 Con't. Brother decided to take me out that night for my birthday to see paul wall on the square in sm. For the first time since I started I threw my no carb caution the wind and drank enough to feel warm and fuzzy.

Day 19
Had birthday party and ate well all day until cake... I'm really sorry :(

Day 20
Got back on track with the carbs, but since family was still in I spent time with them and didn't put in any work saturday or sunday. I'll go hard on monday.

Day 21- Monday, Back in the Gym
6 rounds heavy bag
6 rounds speedbag
6 rounds double end bag
6 rounds shadow boxing
Saved hardest part for last:
3 big tire drags(plan is to increase to 4 next week)

I can get through the tire drags now pretty easily, and just as Importantly, We're up to 27 rounds worth of work(24 rounds + 3 tire drags)! I was completely spent, but not hurt or overly sore. The main trainer told me it'd take 3 weeks to get in decent shape, and I feel like he was dead on.

Day 22- Kept it light after the big day yesterday.

3 rounds heavy bag
3 rounds speedbag
3 rounds double end bag
3 rounds shadow boxing
3 1 minute sprints.

Day 23- I CANT STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP, 30 ROUNDS!
6 rounds heavy bag
6 rounds speedbag
6 rounds double end bag
6 rounds shadow boxing
3 big tire drags(plan is to increase to 4 next week)
Followed this with a cooldown:
1 round speedbag
1 round double end bag
1 round on the exercise bike

I've reached the point now I can actually make it through 30 rounds worth of work! I plan to stay at 30 rounds simply for time constraints(it's a full hour and a half before you add in the rests.) I'll increase the difficulty next week by removing the exercise bike round and replacing with a 4th tire drag.

My weightloss is slow but steady, I've lost 12 lbs in 3 weeks though I think the carb cheating over the weekend slowed this alot and probably cost me 3 lbs in the short tem. No matter, I'll just keep on going and start shrinking my portion sizes if I need to speed things up. Fight shape according to Richard is when you're able to to do 4 big tire drags in under 5 minutes. I'm not there yet, but I see the end in sight, another 2 weeks and i should be pretty dang close.

I realize it's been a while since I had anything super exciting to report, I haven't seen anyone doing any sparring at all since the last time I did it. Still thread needs a video or something so maybe I'll record a tire drag or something to add in monday. Maybe I can get the pillowfisted pro to spar me again- I'm ready for his ass this time lol.

DanielHenry.jpeg

I'm guessing this is the guy? :)

Note: No, it isn't me. I was just curious about what the guy looked like, so I did some googling. "Professional boxer austin tx Richard Lord's gym" turned up a Facebook page, and the facebook page had the nickname "Hollywood", and the guy is selling tickets at the gym for his next fight.

Back