Advice on first pair of good gloves- Winning 10 oz or 12 oz?

Thatactionbrah

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
The plan is to purchase a pair of winnings.

I plan to use them for bag work and mitt work only. Can't really spar with gloves smaller than 14 oz.

Between the two, which would you pick and why? I don't want to end up regretting my decision after buying one over the other.

I see a lot of pros opt for the fight gloves/10 oz.

Your size will determine everything. My opinion, any weight over welter go with 12oz, under, go 10oz and if your bigger than that, go 14oz plus.

The plan is to purchase a pair of winnings.

I plan to use them for bag work and mitt work only. Can't really spar with gloves smaller than 14 oz.

Between the two, which would you pick and why? I don't want to end up regretting my decision after buying one over the other.

I see a lot of pros opt for the fight gloves/10 oz.

I guess if I had to choose one, ( I own both ) I would choose 12oz. Because they are still pretty small and light but have denser training glove padding. The 10oz gloves are softer, but I like those as well.

Just be aware that there are differences between the MS300/MS200 (10oz/8oz) laceups, and the MS300B/200B (10oz/8oz) velcros.

The laceups are the pro fight gloves, and have less knuckle padding (thinner/softer) than the velcro ones.

The pros that you see wearing 10oz are the laceups.

I have experience with the 10oz laceup, 10oz velcro, and 12oz laceup.

All great gloves, but I prefer the fit of the 10oz laceup. If I need more knuckle padding I'll put on the Winning NG2 gel knuckle guards; which pretty much makes them as protective as a 12oz or 14oz Winning.... and definitely more protective than almost all lower/mid-tier 16oz gloves of other brands.

Back