Advanced Alchemy II

SQUAT:
20kg x bunch
60kg x 7
90kg x 5
120kg x 3 - belt
137½kg x 2 x 4 sets - belt
137½kg x 5 - belt
- Didn't wear shoes today at all and I might try to squat in flats just to see if that feels better.

SLDL:
60kg x 8
82½kg x 6 x 4 sets
82½kg x 10

BULGARIAN SPLIT SQUAT:
10kg's x 10 x 4 sets

PLANK:
Bw x 1 min x 3 sets
- - - - superset - - - -
AB ROLLOUT:
Bw x 20 x 3 sets

A top quality workout. Had to muster all kinds of self hatred for the last set of squats but got it through.

BENCH PRESS:
20kg x bunch
40kg x 10
60kg x 7
80kg x 4
90kg x 1
100kg x 2
95kg x 2 x 4 sets
95kg x 4 - TnG
- Fokin heavy, felt like shit in this

PULL UPS:
Bw x 10
20kg x 5
32½kg x 5 x 3 sets
Bw x 10 x 3 sets
- this was heavy too

DIPS:
Bw x 10
27½kg x 8, 6
20kg x 10, 8

DB OHP:
15kg's x 12 x 4 sets
- - - - superset - - - -
BAND PULL APART:
Band x 20 x 4 sets

EZ CURLS:
30kg x 12 x 3 sets

DB CURLS:
10kg x 12 x 3 sets

everything was heavy....

... and heaviness continues ....

DEADLIFT:
60kg x 5
100kg x 5
140kg x 2
157½kg x 2 x 5 sets - belt

FRONT SQUAT:
20kg x bunch
60kg x 6
82½kg x 6 x 5 sets

SEMI- DRAGONFLAG:
Bw x 15 x 3 sets

And that was that.

Srs business guys... I don't know what's wrong with me now. I've been thinking long and hard and can't find any probable solution. Weight's that were easy in the past require everything that I have nowadays. I was talking with my GF about how frustrated I am right now. Because I've been training hard and still it feel's like my TM and numbers in general are going down and I can't do anything about it. I told her training was more fun in the past when I was able to lift heavier weights and I have to say that it's true... it was. It's not encouraging to see yourself getting dragged to the bottom. But luckily from there the only way is up. I think next I will force myself to have some kind of a deload. And after that it's back to training with a new mind set and new determination. I'm not saying this just to say it but I really mean it. I'm going back to what got me strong in the first place without any gimmicks or anything. Don't call it a comeback.

Are all the obvious things in check? Sleep, food etc?

Are all the obvious things in check? Sleep, food etc?
Yeah everything should be in order. Though I'm not 100% sure about food part. I mean the Secretary of My Life says I eat enough but I'm often feeling the opposite...
Then another thing to consider is that this semester has been really stressful in lot of ways so I'm not sure how that impacts training and performance.

Yeah everything should be in order. Though I'm not 100% sure about food part. I mean the Secretary of My Life says I eat enough but I'm often feeling the opposite...
Then another thing to consider is that this semester has been really stressful in lot of ways so I'm not sure how that impacts training and performance.
I'm sure the stress certainly would not help your performance.

I think the ways we usually think of stress affecting performance are indirect - lack of sleep, poor coping mechanisms etc. But even if you manage to get all that onpoint, the physiological effect of stress in itself will probably still hinder gainz. And aren't you still a fair bit lighter these days Kid? Low seventies?

I'd suggest monitoring your overall fatigue and stress levels. Maybe a deload or an increase in calories will do the trick.

I'm sure the stress certainly would not help your performance.

I think the ways we usually think of stress affecting performance are indirect - lack of sleep, poor coping mechanisms etc. But even if you manage to get all that onpoint, the physiological effect of stress in itself will probably still hinder gainz. And aren't you still a fair bit lighter these days Kid? Low seventies?

I'd suggest monitoring your overall fatigue and stress levels. Maybe a deload or an increase in calories will do the trick.

Thanks for your input guys!

Even with everything like food and sleep being on point this is the first time I've had to handle this kind of stress. And most of the times after the day I'm feeling fatigued but when it gets to Thursday or Friday I just start to feel the fatigue already during school.

But I think like this semester was our busiest one and the next one will be easier. At least if we look at the amount of assignments we have to do. For this semester it was ridiculous. At the beginning of November until the end of semester we basically had a deadline every 4th day or something. And then we had all kinds of events and the athlete project that we had so it was really busy. Luckily this week is the last week of school, then next week the holidays begin and school doesn't continue until January 12th.

As promised I had a deload week from all kind of heavy lifting. Went to the gym twice and kept it light training along side the GF we did chest & shoulders, and back and biceps. Basically just had fun and enjoyed the stay. I Woke up during the week weighing @70,8kg which surprised me completely. I traveled to my parents place on Thursday evening and will stay here until the school begins. I had a nice Christmas Eve and Day, spent it with family eating and enjoying each others company. During my own time I've been reading the new Potter book as well as the first Witcher book. The latter one makes me regret that I left my PS4 to the city of my study.

But today is the first training session in a week or so. The weights are light on purpose but I'm just excited to back to moving again. Got some squats, front squat and bench going on for today as well as pull ups and dips.

SQUAT:
20kg x bunch
60kg x 8
80kg x 5
95kg x 5
110kg x 5
122½kg x 7 - belt
- Didn't go as well as I thought but still something. Haven't had as much quality sleep as I would have liked to so my legs were out. Also my hips are tight from chillaxing and sitting so should have stretched more.

FRONT SQUAT:
80kg x 6 x 4 sets

PULL UPS
: - overhand
Bw x 10
10kg x 8 x 5 sets

BENCH PRESS: - paused
20kg x bunch
50kg x 8
75kg x 5 x 5 sets

FACEPULLS:

35kg x 15 x 5 sets

DIPS:
10kg x 10 x 4 sets

Everything besides the main squats went well. Kind of tired throughout the session but that could be because the mentioned sleep schedule (every night after 3am) and lack of proper hydration. Tonight some additional rolling and stretching.

DEADLIFT:
20kg x bunch
70kg x 5 x 2 sets
105kg x 5
120kg x 5
135kg x 10 - belt
105kg x 15 - after sumo
- I was/am sore af today but after warming up things felt good. Not happy with strength levels but I'll take it.

SUMO DEADLIFT:
105kg x 6 x 4 sets

OHP:
20kg x bunch
30kg x 5
42½kg x 5 x 5 sets
- Heavier than I thought it might be

BENT OVER ROW: - paused
20kg x bunch
40kg x 10
60kg x 10 x 5 sets
- Since the weight was light I decided to add the pause

DB SKULLCRUSHER:
10kg x 10 x 4 sets
- - - - superset - - - -
SEATED DB SIDE RAISE:
10kg x 10 x 4 sets
- - - - superset - - - -
SEATED DB CURL:
10kg x 10 x 4 sets

A good workout despite being sore everywhere.

SQUAT:
20kg x bunch
60kg x 8
90kg x 5
110kg x 5 x 5 sets
- Have to start paying more attention to mobility work because of flat shoes. These were better than the ones on Monday though. I suspect my right side quadratus lumborum is tight and that is giving me a bit of pain and problem. Been trying to find a "painhook" or something at least thats what we call it in Finland. I also have a gift card for a massage so have to use it when I get back to the city of my studies.

20kg x bunch
50kg x 8
65kg x 5
75kg x 5
85kg x 8
- only way is up

CLOSE GRIP BENCH:
65kg x 10 x 3 sets

SEATED FACEPULL:
15kg x 15 x 4 sets
- - - - superset - - - -
BB CURLS:
20kg x 15 x 4 sets

AB ROLLOUT:
10kg x 10 x 3 sets
- - - - superset - - - -
GLUTE RAISE:
Bw x 15 x 3 sets

Close grip bench burns out my tatties and BB curls does nothing for my arms.

This one was from yesterday

OHP:
20kg x bunch
30kg x 5
35kg x 5
42½kg x 5
47½kg x 7 - belt

BTN PRESS:
35kg x 8, 8, 8, 7
- - - - superset - - - -
DB SIDE RAISE:
12½kg x 12 x 4 sets

DEADLIFT:
60kg x 5
90kg x 5
120kg x 5 x 4 sets
120kg x 10

CABLE ROW: - paused
65kg x 12 x 5 sets

INCLINE SKULLCRUSHER:
20kg x 12 x 4 sets
- - - - superset - - - -
SEATED DB CURL:
12½kg x 12 x 4 sets

STANDING CABLE CRUNCH:
stack x 15 x 3 sets
- - - - superset - - - -
HANGING LEG RAISE:
Bw x 10 x 3 sets

A fairly solid workout. I feel really hungry right now to make some progress and train. Can't wait for the next session.

Wishing you a happy, healthy and strong 2017 Kid.

PULL UPS: - overhand
Bw x 10
20kg x 5 x 5 sets
Bw x 10 x 2 sets
- The squat rack was taken so did these first.

SQUAT:
20kg x bunch
60kg x 8
80kg x 5
100kg x 3
115kg x 3 - belt
130kg x 8 - belt
135kg x 1 - belt
140kg x 1 - belt
- 1 more rep with more weight than last week, color me pleased.

FRONT SQUAT:
87½kg x 5 x 4 sets

20kg x bunch
50kg x 8
70kg x 5
80kg x 5 x 5 sets
- Last weeks 5x5 was a little too light so decided to change it here.

DIPS:
Bw x 10
20kg x 8, 8, 8, 7

ROPE FACEPULLS:
Bw x 15 x 4 sets

Felt really good in the gym today. I don't know, I had a different kind of mentality than usual. More aggressive.

DEADLIFT:
20kg x bunch
70kg x 5 x 2 sets
112½kg x 3
130kg x 3
145kg x 10
155kg x 3
- as many reps as last week with 10kg more weight, couldn't be happier.

PAUSED DEADLIFT:
112½kg x 5 x 4 sets
- Pulled 1 set of sumo this week and was "not for me".

OHP:
20kg x bunch
30kg x 5
40kg x 3
45kg x 4 x 6 sets

BENT OVER ROW: - paused
20kg x bunch
40kg x bunch
60kg x 10
70kg x 10 x 5 sets

EZ- CURL:
25kg x 15 x 4 sets
- - - - superset - - - -
INCLINE SKULLCRUSHER:
25kg x 12, 12, 12, 15

A nice little workout. Like I mentioned in the previous post I feel like my attitude is changing. Although the weights aren't what they used to be I feel like I'm getting my confidence back.

The latter one makes me regret that I left my PS4 to the city of my study.

I still have it in my to play pile, keep meaning to start it but other games keep getting in the way, add me on PSN if you want, same name as on here

I still have it in my to play pile, keep meaning to start it but other games keep getting in the way, add me on PSN if you want, same name as on here
Definitely recommend! An amazing story and an unbelievable world.

Back