Ads are almost non-stop redirecting my browser | Page 2

Discussion in 'Support' started by ThinkBig500, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Tachy Forum Administrator

Tachy
    yes, websites like ad revenue to stay in business

Also, if you get ad's in 2016 and know what google is, you kinda deserve 'em

Valkosen likes this.
  2. Sir GymTanLaundry Purple Belt

Sir GymTanLaundry
    I was referring to you giving the posters in this thread Plat for the time being. It didnt make sense when I logged on that I was Plat. Then I saw your post. It makes sense now.

If Sherdog needs money hit up Conor Mcgregor. There are enough Conor posters that enjoy swinging from is dick, and pushing/pumping up his fights, he should feel obligated to throw some dollars at the Dog.

RoryFan and Air Lats like this.
  3. Sir GymTanLaundry Purple Belt

Sir GymTanLaundry
    Throwing money in da air like I don't really care..

Air Lats likes this.
  4. DiogenesOfSinope Blue Belt

DiogenesOfSinope

Install ghostery from ghostery.com. Works great easy to config.

Air Lats likes this.
  5. Roca Lady Boy Belt

Roca
    This is the only page I visit that gives me problems. I have to use opera to browse sherdog because everything else swamps me with ads or just the forum software is super glitchy. Works fine for me right now with opera but I've been complaining about the ads for years

Air Lats likes this.
  6. Valkosen On est chez nous ¶

Valkosen
    Take this privately in the future. Don't want any of my Sherbrothers seeing penalisation. Per Tachy and SD rubric as of this month (October) and onward...

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/regarding-pop-up-ads-on-the-forum-when-phone-browsing.2841159/

Cheers, guys.

Air Lats likes this.
  7. Air Lats Legion of Groove; .1%ers

Air Lats
    Thanks, man. I missed that sticky.

I don't mind ads but they were actually making it impossible to use the forum. If I can't even get here, they're not going to get ANY clicks. If I was running a website, that's something I'd like to know.

I did not mean to help people screw SD. My entire intention began and ended with helping people work around a terminal pop-up that broke the experience for me. I definitely broke the rules, though, thanks for looking out!

All that said, a Platinum account is so cheap and I'm on here often enough that I'm going to do that.

Mods, I won't get my panties in a bunch if you'd like to delete my posts ITT. I'm sure Diogenes of Sinope disn't mean to break the rules, either, he's a good guy.

Valkosen and Lethal like this.
  8. Sonny Titanium Belt

Sonny
    Ads have cleared up for me.

Air Lats likes this.
  9. Mopad Orange Belt

Mopad
    The problem on these sites are not ads, but the annoying way they're implemented. Do you really think there is ever a justification for a massive pop-up that fills the screen, slows down the computer, and actually freezes your browser? It's absurd that the morons behind these ads complain about the pop-up blocking technology that their own intolerable business practices forced into existence.

I'm actually of the mind that these sort of pop-ups and trackers are criminal and if I could I'd sue every fucking company responsible for interfering with the performance of my devices. It's like trying to shop at a store while people with an ad signs constantly jump in front of you trying to sell you something.

The ads on the side, or better yet banners, are perfectly fine, but pop-ups are not under any circumstance. It takes some nerve to tell people not to talk about ad-blockers when you're ads are so intrusive.

Valkosen, SleepyBoy and Air Lats like this.
  10. SleepyBoy Silver Belt

SleepyBoy
    It's becoming unbearable to use the mobile version. I don't know why any company would have redirects/malware if they want those same people to come back.

Air Lats and Valkosen like this.
  11. TrueBias Black Belt

TrueBias
    Ive been forced to install noscript for firefox just to stop these. What i hate is actually reading the site, then some loud audio about windex fills the room and im franticly changing apps to avoid head turns.

12. Nomos Orange Belt

Nomos
    The main site is unbearable, even with ad control software. So many military ads and dodge ram ads, and even if you read an article a video starts playing in the middle of the screen. I live in the boonies and my only high speed internet is to tether my phone, and these ads are killing my data plan. I'll check back every now and then, but goodbye sherdog main page. I hope the forums don't screw up too.

13. FyrFytr998 Black Belt

FyrFytr998
    Not only the ads, but now my iPad is getting constant JavaScript errors making posting a complete pain in the ass. I have to either refresh a page or outright shut the Safari browser down to make a post. Posting an image or a YT link starts a continuous loop that can't be broken unless you shut the page down.

It's pretty damn sad when a web site can make an Apple product perform as bad as a PC/Android device.

P.S.- Came back to post that I had to refresh the page just to make sure it posted right and had to actually edit this post in a new tab. What a friggin joke.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  14. WingsLax9042 Blue Belt

WingsLax9042
    Its incredibly bad right now... hope it gets sorted out soon.

Air Lats likes this.
  15. TestosterOWN t̉̐̂̒́̏ ͋͂̉̈́̽̚͝͝&#

TestosterOWN
    At work with no blocking features. Every single page loads a video that auto plays and has sound.

Is this how sherdog wants to drive people away? I can't imagine having to deal with that crap for every single page you visit.

Air Lats likes this.
  16. Cool Hand Luke The Real Cool Hand Luke

Cool Hand Luke
    GET BACK TO WORK!!!!!!!!!

Air Lats, Valkosen and Lethal like this.
  17. lts5025 "What the **** is a Dim Mack?"

lts5025
  18. Valkosen On est chez nous ¶

Valkosen
    Love that avi, Luke; seen you about with it. Smooth, attitude...it's got it all. This Newman?

Cool Hand Luke likes this.
  19. Eater of Souls Guardian of the Gate

Eater of Souls
    I am fine on a PC, my tablet however, is a nightmare. Trying to use the site is so bad I just avoid it.

Air Lats likes this.
  20. AGGAMEMNON66 -----------Villain-----------

AGGAMEMNON66

My pc hasn't worked on this site since the end of the old boards tbh. Weird thing is once in a while it'll work ok. Zero issues anywhere else tho.

Air Lats likes this.