Adrien Broner Goes Bonkers, Knocks Guy Out on Vegas Strip | Page 8

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by MMALOPEZ, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Strange King Strange Music

Strange King
    Speaking of this, I started to think yesterday that Jermaine taylor most likely has CTE from his damage. Hes gone off the rail

2. Sunfish Martinez Belt

Sunfish
    There's a reason a lot of retired boxers have auto immune illness.

Strange King likes this.
  3. SBJJ Black Belt

SBJJ
    I encourage you to stop reading my posts. In other threads also where it seems you seek out conflict.

I never said MMA was good for you. I just stated a FACT that at this time Boxers take more head trauma. If that upset you I don't know what to say.

In fact you seem to agree with my posts but are somehow upset with them. It's kinda weird

Football is physically worse on you than Soccer. But yes both are bad. Saying that should not create controversy or make someone upset.

And again, Can you point out where I said MMA was good for the brain? Or are you just going at me because of other stuff

4. Sunfish Martinez Belt

Sunfish
    I didn't say that you did so I doubt I'll find it anywhere. People post things on a forum, I respond and you accuse me of seeking conflict. There's this thing in life called agreeing with people. Alternatively people can disagree with part of what you're saying or you could not have expressed yourself clearly enough. So calm down, stop acting like a crybaby and don't call me upset when I am not, the only person who's rustled is you.

5. SBJJ Black Belt

SBJJ
    So what is it you disagree with again?

And this has nothing to do with you going at me in another thread?

But please clearly state what it is you disagree with

6. Sunfish Martinez Belt

Sunfish
    Don't remember going at you in another thread. If people disagree with what I have to say there is a reply button, we don't all have to agree about everything.

You made it sound like mma was a tickling contest and that boxing was like climbing El Capitan with no safety measures in place. I was saying that they're both concussive sports that will harm you in the long run. Brutal KOs are bad for you and boxing gets ragged on for early stoppages where certain mma refs wait until the guy looks like a bobblehead before waving it off.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  7. SBJJ Black Belt

SBJJ
    Oh. So you misunderstood my posts completely. That's why you said maybe I wasn't clear. I got it.

Let me be clear as someone who has boxed and participated in 2 Amateur MMA bouts. Neither is good for your brain. MMA combat is not a tickling contest. MMA is much more taxing on your body while Boxing is harder on your brain. All this is my opinion.

Go watch the 2 MMA clips I posted. Pretty far from a tickling contest. 2 of the most brutal finishes in all of combat sports. If anything I was showing how brutal it can be

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    Jhonni5 likes this.
  8. Sunfish Martinez Belt

Sunfish
    Yeah, in the first one it looks like big john isn't going to wave it off until his had has been driven through the canvas and the goodridge one was why they banned 12-6 elbows wasn't it?

I'd always looked at boxing and mma like football (American) and rugby. You've got to be fit for both sports but in different ways.

I get what you're saying from your last post. I didn't grow up anywhere that had a tradition of wrestling so I've not got the experience of that.

9. SBJJ Black Belt

SBJJ
    Watching them let a KOd obviously concussed guy get up and stumble around the cage is frightening. They really didn't have a clue on fighter safety in the beginning

It's kinda why I started to really dig BBJ. It was more of an actual art. Subduing your opponent rather than breaking his face

10. cottagecheesefan Red Belt

cottagecheesefan
    ??? never heard that

11. ctrlaltdelete Purple Belt

ctrlaltdelete
    Concealed carry is good for life or death situations, but if you're in a position that isn't escalated to that point and you're carrying and still need to defend yourself, it really complicates things.

12. ctrlaltdelete Purple Belt

ctrlaltdelete
    Big Booty Jeggings?

13. Sunfish Martinez Belt

Sunfish
    Well the goodridge one was something personal wasn't it, still not cool when he had the worlds easiest sub available in the position he had.

McCarthy just stood there like "he's bouncing an unconscious mans head off the canvas, Shaka brah".

14. SBJJ Black Belt

SBJJ
    Never had to pull. Close a few times but I didn't.

I really have no choice. It really is necessary for me.

I've been shooting since I was 6 years old by the way

ctrlaltdelete likes this.
  15. BluntTrauma21 Young Martha

BluntTrauma21
    It's hard enough to get a handgun in my state, let alone a concealed carry. Somehow my Gramps had like half a dozen laying around his house, though.

16. SBJJ Black Belt

SBJJ
    Lol. My grandfather had 1 hidden in every room of the house

BluntTrauma21 likes this.
  17. mozfonky We oughta be fightin' a bottle of Geritol.

mozfonky
    they do? what illness'?

18. mozfonky We oughta be fightin' a bottle of Geritol.

mozfonky
    is it really? I never considered it myself, I know that they give all kinds of checks for them, I wouldn't think I'd have a problem getting one but with bureaucracy who knows, I went for a car emissions yesterday and had a problem because my ignition is kinda squirrelly, the dingbat asked if i would forego suing them if they fucked up the car turning the key, always some stupid issue dealing with those people. There are other weapons you can use though, I've seen really strong mace work extremely well on most people. Tasers can be effective too. Shame we have to discuss this but I'm sorry, there are just some real fucking dumbass' out there who can't do anything but disrupt everyone else's lives.

19. mozfonky We oughta be fightin' a bottle of Geritol.

mozfonky
    why do you feel you don't have a choice? are you physically compromised? I always feel bad for the older people I know, i don't ever want to feel like they do.

20. Sunfish Martinez Belt

Sunfish
    There are a lot of auto immune illnesses, take your pick.

If you get to a point where all your organs don't work in sync you will end up with bad times, such as your spleen eating white blood cells (alcoholics and drug addicts get this but they aren't getting punched by a pro in the liver).