Adrian Broner vs Mikey Garcia Who wins?

Who wins?

• Total voters
I completely agree, and I've said in the past that Maidana beat the heart out of Broner and we'd never see a truly driven Broner ever again.

But for some reason, I think we might see a bit of a resurgence here. I've seen some interviews with Broner and he's not in character, at all. He's just being himself and seems genuinely motivated, and has put all the bullshit aside for probably the first time. The very best Broner can give Garcia some problems because of his natural size advantage.

I could be wrong, Broner may show up and revert back to his inactivity as soon as he gets cracked. But I do see a real glimmer of hope in Broner right now.

I said earlier in the thread that all the stuff AB been posting on instagram shows him looking great.

Moreover, MC Barman posted a video of AB's knockdown by Maidana the other. Great KD, but it had some other highlights, and some of it showed AB landing some really crisp, hard, fast shots. Maidana's face looked pretty awful.

Maidana is a good bit bigger and stronger than Mikey. I know Robert Garcia says stuff that Mikey is hardest hitter in camp, even more so than Maidana, but I think that is stupid. He may be able to hit a bag hard with like one shot with perfect technique, over Maidana's lack of technique.. but come on. In the flow of the fight, when moving around, somewhat off balanced, with distance sometimes not being ideal, I would wager heavily that the avg Maidana shot hurts more than the average Garcia shot.

Plus Maidana was able to out muscle AB, as was Porter. I doubt Garcia will do that. He doesnt have the body or the style to push AB around like that.

I completely agree, and I've said in the past that Maidana beat the heart out of Broner and we'd never see a truly driven Broner ever again.

But for some reason, I think we might see a bit of a resurgence here. I've seen some interviews with Broner and he's not in character, at all. He's just being himself and seems genuinely motivated, and has put all the bullshit aside for probably the first time. The very best Broner can give Garcia some problems because of his natural size advantage.

I could be wrong, Broner may show up and revert back to his inactivity as soon as he gets cracked. But I do see a real glimmer of hope in Broner right now.
Ive lost all faith in his mindset tbh. The shit outside of the ring paired with his lack of fight in the ring was too much for an interview or two to change it.

Id like to be wrong though. Hes a fun fighter to watch and a talented guy. It would be nice to see someone turn it around and live up to their abilities instead of be an obnoxious shithead and waste them.

This is it for me with broner. If he looks like shit ill wash my hands with him.

Im not even expecting him to win. But he cant get demolished

This is it for me with broner. If he looks like shit ill wash my hands with him.

Im not even expecting him to win. But he cant get demolished

Totally agree. And I think Broner might finally be aware that the few people who still have hope for him are gonna cut the strings if he looks like shit. I think he knows that this is gonna be the deciding factor of where his career goes from now on. Broner's stock goes way up if wins or even makes it very close, b/c most ppl dont even think he can do that, but it also plummets to rock bottom if he goes in there and looks like a pos.

i picked broner to win the min the fight as announced im sticking w/that

I think people's hate for Broner blinds them to see that he is an excellent fighter when he wants to be, but Garcia is the more technically sound fighter and will hit Broner at will.

I think people's hate for Broner blinds them to see that he is an excellent fighter when he wants to be, but Garcia is the more technically sound fighter and will hit Broner at will.
When is the last time Broner looked excellent though? Against who?

For me its disappointment more than hate.

This is not going to be as easy as most people think, since Broner is legitmately bigger and faster than Garcia. Broner is not a great fighter, but he does some things well enough to give anybody a few problems. But Garcia should definitely win convincingly, after some speed bumps along the way.
Maybe it sounds obvious but I'd be very impressed if Mickey managed to steamroll Broner. Like you mentioned, size difference and he's low-key gritty.

Garcia by a 9-3ish type decision. He'll have Broner hurt a few times, but I don't think he'll floor him.

I think Garcia will win pretty decisively, probably 9-3 or 8-4. Broner will have success. He's too fast not to, has good timing and is really tough. But because of his relative inactivity, he's shown a weakness to people who throw in volume and who can throw a good jab. Maidana and Porter also had success by bullying him around and getting his feet out of position, but that's probably not something Garcia can do.

If Broner used his feet more, threw more punches with his left hand than just a check hook and uppercut, threw more combinations in general it's a fight he could win. He's the bigger guy, the faster guy and fighting someone coming up in weight. But on paper he should've beat Maidana for the same reasons. Broner finds a way to let himself down. Although all credit to him for trying like hell to win that Maidana fight. The Porter fight, not so much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back