Adonis Stevenson vs Seanie Monaghan April 29th

Gary Russell Jr won the belt 2 years ago. Defended it once against a bum.

BJ Saunders won the belt 2 years ago. Defended it once against a bum.

At least Adonis fought guys like Bellew and Fonfara
But professor, these 2 also failes the course why am I the only one getting kicked out?
-They did?! Must have been a system error. Then I guess I'm kicking them out too.

I think its time to strip Stevenson of his championship status. Make it vacant and have the top 4 guys willing to fight each other earn that belt.

Ring already stripped him of the lineal belt.

Ring already stripped him of the lineal belt.
well, he'll always be the lineal championship, he just lost the ring belt. The Ring belt has lost its credibility to some extent, they refused to recognize Margarito/Shane and Hasegawa/Sahaprom II as for their ring belts, even though they were #1 vs #2 at the time (Rafa Marquez moved up, leaving Hozumi and deathmask as the top 2).

they also have yamanaka and linares as their current champs, and those are both pretty debatable, particularly linares.

well, he'll always be the lineal championship, he just lost the ring belt. The Ring belt has lost its credibility to some extent, they refused to recognize Margarito/Shane and Hasegawa/Sahaprom II as for their ring belts, even though they were #1 vs #2 at the time (Rafa Marquez moved up, leaving Hozumi and deathmask as the top 2).

they also have yamanaka and linares as their current champs, and those are both pretty debatable, particularly linares.

I should have just said their belt. TRBR still has him as champion.

Gary Russell Jr won the belt 2 years ago. Defended it once against a bum.

BJ Saunders won the belt 2 years ago. Defended it once against a bum.

At least Adonis fought guys like Bellew and Fonfara

While we are on the subject, BJS should just change his name to BS because that's all his reign has been full of. And Gary Russel Jr. could be so much more, but isn't getting those big name fights to put him into a more marketable situation. Whether or not it's his fault that he wallows in obscurity isn't my guess (too much obscurity going on for me to tell), but he sure isn't someone that stands out too much these days, even with a belt.

Goodness me, Stevenson becomes an even bigger joke.

He is clearing coasting now...but his complete body of work is quality. Maybe a match with what's left of Bute or Pascal might sell in Canada.

Back