Adonis Stevenson vs. Oleksandr Gvozdyk set for December 1st in Montreal

And that should be the end of Stevenson.

I'm surprized Arum could get Adonis in the ring with Gvozdyk, but I guess Big Gay Al can only protect you for so long.... in this instance 5 fucking years!!!

And that should be the end of Stevenson.

I'm surprized Arum could get Adonis in the ring with Gvozdyk, but I guess Big Gay Al can only protect you for so long.... in this instance 5 fucking years!!!
and how many times did Alvarez take the step aside money?

and how many times did Alvarez take the step aside money?
And it's worked out pretty well for him right?

Honestly, it's no big surprize since Yvon Michel has a hand in both of their careers, but 5 Years since a mandatory???? He should have been stripped three years ago ffs.

And it's worked out pretty well for him right?

Honestly, it's no big surprize since Yvon Michel has a hand in both of their careers, but 5 Years since a mandatory???? He should have been stripped three years ago ffs.
it did work out for Alvarez, but don't act like it's entirely on Stevenson for him not facing a mandatory. They WBC ordered the Kovalev match but they couldn't make a deal which was a waste of time. With that and the Alvarez step asides that took up some time.

The end of Stevenson's embarrassing "reign" as champion. Finally, he has to fight someone good.

He's getting put out in 5 rounds.

Gvozdyk looked mediocre his last time out and has been a little hot and cold at times against mediocre competition. Stevenson showed more than I expected against Jack, who is a genuinely good fighter. I'd lean towards Gvozdyk at this point, but I wouldn't be shocked if Stevenson outperforms expectations again, here. It could be that Gvozdyk didn't care a lot last time out or just had an off-night, but he was really hittable, and as old as Stevenson is, he still has a bit of speed and a real punch.

Gvozdyk looked mediocre his last time out and has been a little hot and cold at times against mediocre competition. Stevenson showed more than I expected against Jack, who is a genuinely good fighter. I'd lean towards Gvozdyk at this point, but I wouldn't be shocked if Stevenson outperforms expectations again, here. It could be that Gvozdyk didn't care a lot last time out or just had an off-night, but he was really hittable, and as old as Stevenson is, he still has a bit of speed and a real punch.
Agree. Writing Stevenson off here is stupid. He arguably beat Badou Jack, and showed durability in that fight despite gassing. Almost stopped Jack, or at very least badly hurt him while he was gassed in that fight, so he doesn't suddenly become a helpless lamb when gassed either in the face of a threat.

I expect Stevenson to have the better footwork against Gvozdyk too. Adonis will land on Gvozdyk, how will he react to a huge puncher like Stevenson?

it did work out for Alvarez, but don't act like it's entirely on Stevenson for him not facing a mandatory. They WBC ordered the Kovalev match but they couldn't make a deal which was a waste of time. With that and the Alvarez step asides that took up some time.
No I fully acknowledge that they all colluded to keep Stevenson on the throne so to speak.

I think Stevenson sparks him while down on the cards. Still, I don't know what to make of Gvozdyk. He looked underwhelming in his last few, but looked P4P worthy against Gonzalez and Chilemba.

I think Stevenson sparks him while down on the cards. Still, I don't know what to make of Gvozdyk. He looked underwhelming in his last few, but looked P4P worthy against Gonzalez and Chilemba.

He didn't exactly look p4p worthy against Chilemba. I'm not saying he looked bad (and it's not like anyone looks particularly good against Chilemba), but he only got the stoppage because Chilemba's right arm was completely out of commission.

I hope Gvozdyk puts him out. and get a trio of Gvozdyk vs Alvarez vs Bivol for the no.1 LHW (which imo is Bivol).

He didn't exactly look p4p worthy against Chilemba. I'm not saying he looked bad (and it's not like anyone looks particularly good against Chilemba), but he only got the stoppage because Chilemba's right arm was completely out of commission.
yeah I rewatched the fight and I'll say he looked worse than I remember. Still, the Gonzalez performance was impressive.

I hope Gvozdyk puts him out. and get a trio of Gvozdyk vs Alvarez vs Bivol for the no.1 LHW (which imo is Bivol).
Don't forget Beterbiev. He hasn't got as many opportunities but I think he's as good as anyone in the division.

Don't forget Beterbiev. He hasn't got as many opportunities but I think he's as good as anyone in the division.
I like Beterbiev, but he is just like Kovalev without good defense. He has a lot of power, but that is really it. Beterbiev doesn't have the fluidity, footwork and variety like the rest imo. I do like him though, but his time is running out if he can't get things worked out.

I like Beterbiev, but he is just like Kovalev without good defense. He has a lot of power, but that is really it. Beterbiev doesn't have the fluidity, footwork and variety like the rest imo. I do like him though, but his time is running out if he can't get things worked out.
I don't agree but I guess we will see how things play out.

Well it's been a while coming but I guess he couldn't duck everyone forever. I really hope Gvozdyk beats him. Now it's just BJS who needs to be made to face someone decent.

Back