Admit it, Kevin Lee made you fall for his hype

Kevin Lee isn't as good as people thought he was, but I think it has more to do with the fact that people underestimated Al Iaquinta.

Kevin has taken some losses but guess what, he's only 26, he has a lot of time to grow.

You guys are unbelievable. He's a good fighter, and he never said shit about that guys mom.

I’ll be the first to admit it. I thought he’d maul Iaquinta, I thought his ground game was a lot better and threatening.

I already got like 15 roasting replies in the other thread for my bold words, as I tried to shit on Ragin’ Al believers.

And I deserved every last bit of it

<{hfved}>

Yup. I completely over looked his lack of boxing skills.

Think he needs to retire. He was never that good anyway.

I'm not much a fan of Lee, but I wouldn't just write him off over one loss. Many a fighter need a loss and come back better. We shall see.

Be a man, admit it. The holes in the game. Al's fight. My cardio and wrestling

Even I (huge Khabib fan) started to feel like perhaps Lee can give Khabib a run for his money. Dude did look scary. strong, athletic etc.

Turns out. He is Lobov of LW division. Only threat was the choke part and even that he gassed out on.
He didn't do what I thought he could do to Al. Lobov is a sub .500 fighter with slow sloppy striking and no real impressive skill set other than the ability to absorb punches (and kicks, too). Other than lack of head movement, I don't see any reason to compare Lee to Lobov.

you people do realize iaquinta is not some scrub, right?

this entire board went on and on about how he's a real-estate agent, but he is a legitimately tough matchup for everyone in the division. he can wrestle, has heavy hands, has a chin on him, and a working man's style of fighting. an explosive striker like barboza might fuck him up, but everyone else is going to struggle with him.

lee losing to him doesn't mean he was nothing but hype. lee is a top talent, anyone with eyes can see that. he's athletic, well rounded, aggressive. but he fought another top fighter and lost, it happens.
Level headed, well thought out response without hyperbole. Are you SURE you are on the right website?

I convinced myself he had world class hands from his time spent at mayweather gym being a sparring partner for pro boxers, when in reality he's never displayed remarkable hands in any fight.

He actually impressed me more because I thought he was getting KO'd by Iaquinta. I think he still has a possible upside but I'm not sure it will be realized.

I can proudly say I did not fall for his hype. His attitude turns me off.
However, I do believe he is a good fighter and can have a good career in the UFC. He needs to mature a bit.

Anyone who loses to Al Iaquinta won't accomplish that much in this sport

Sorry buddy turns out you don't know anything about fights.

Be a man, admit it. The holes in the game. Al's fight. My cardio and wrestling

Even I (huge Khabib fan) started to feel like perhaps Lee can give Khabib a run for his money. Dude did look scary. strong, athletic etc.

Turns out. He is Lobov of LW division. Only threat was the choke part and even that he gassed out on.

I admit it.
But he is 26 years old.
He can beat many ranked fighters at LW and even WW.
Not champion material, because he has some huge holes in his game (cardio, striking)
But definitely not Lobov.

I picked Al to win and called Lee overrated since like 2 years now.

anyone that holds a win over mike cheisa or wtv his name is as a feather in their cap is clearly not an accomplished fighter. That guy is garbage.

Back