Adidas Speed 300D Boxing Gloves Review

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by HeavyHands, Oct 3, 2017.

1. HeavyHands Always learning

HeavyHands
    I decided to give Adidas gloves a try after doing some research. I don't personally see them around much locally but from what I gather Adidas boxing gear is highly regarded outside of the US and I remember being a fan of their Tae Kwon Do gear back in the day so I picked up some 16 oz Adidas Speed 300D Boxing Gloves here:

https://acsgear.com/products/speed-300d-boxing-glove

My gloves arrived yesterday and initially I was happy with the overall look and feel. The problem occurred when I tried to slip my hands in. I was wearing wraps and there was no way my hands were going in those gloves. I took off my wraps and still had a hell of a time getting my hands in and when I did they were crammed tight. I tried hitting the bag for a couple of rounds (again, no wraps) and it just sucked. I would say my hands are average sized - not large, not small. I'm 6'2", 190 lbs. I have Fairtex, Cletos, Grant, and Venom gloves as well and none of them have this problem.

This is my first post to Sherdog. I just feel like I need to give everyone a heads up about these since your reviews of other products have helped me. I realize experiences will vary, but this case was so extreme I had to call it out.

2. hangulmalmotayo Green Belt

hangulmalmotayo
    Sucks.

Have you tried contacting Adidas about it?

3. HeavyHands Always learning

HeavyHands
    Not yet but I think I'm going to have to. I can't use these.

4. HeavyHands Always learning

HeavyHands
    Just to follow up on this, I emailed returns@acsgear.com per their return policy on 10/4 and have yet to receive a reply. Their policy states they will respond in 1-2 days. I sent a second email today. So far I am not impressed with Adidas ACS Gear.

Minowafanatic likes this.
  5. Woldog Boxer

Woldog
    After seeing those gloves I'm not sure I've seen uglier gloves. I hope you get your refund bro.

HeavyHands likes this.
  6. HeavyHands Always learning

HeavyHands
    Haha! I thought they looked alright.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    Woldog likes this.
  7. hillelslovak87 Red Belt

hillelslovak87
    Get a refund. Those gloves look to be incredibly poorly made. I tend to only use gloves with laces, but those look poorly made even in comparison to some run of the mill Protex Gloves.

HeavyHands likes this.
  8. Ryyonvin Orange Belt

Ryyonvin
    Really sucks you spent a hundred bucks and that was your experience. Thanks for warning the rest of us and hopefully you get your refund. Let us know what you gloves you decide on next

HeavyHands likes this.
  9. HeavyHands Always learning

HeavyHands
    Still no response from Adidas.

Since they didn’t work out I decided to replace my worn out Fairtex gloves with another pair of the same.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00K...dpPl=1&dpID=51O+u05mQPL&ref=plSrch&th=1&psc=1

The fit has always been good for me and for my training gloves I like that the padding is on the firmer side. However, I normally use 16 oz gloves for training but I decided to try a 14 oz pair this time because I noticed on Rival’s sizing webpage they recommended 14 oz gloves for someone my weight. Since I spar with 16 oz gloves I actually thought I should go with 18 oz gloves to train in but I thought I’d give their recommendation a try for kicks. I’d like to hear anyone’s thoughts on appropriate training glove weights.

Anyway, as far as the gloves go I have yet to be disappointed in Fairtex. My Cletos are my next favorite after that, followed by my Grants.

10. Woldog Boxer

Woldog
    Mate I'm a big supporter of Fairtex they're my go to glove brand. I recently injured my knuckle badly and have to have 5 months off -_- so I sold my BGV9's and I was about to buy another pair but decided to try Topboxers gear. Glad there is another who loves fairtex.

Avin1973 and HeavyHands like this.
  11. HeavyHands Always learning

HeavyHands
    Still no response from Adidas...

12. Avin1973 Yellow Belt

Avin1973
    Ouch... Adidas is my favorite sports brand by far. Never tried their boxing gloves tho.

13. HeavyHands Always learning

HeavyHands
    I know I really liked their gear for TKD but these gloves were a big let down. The biggest let down has been their (complete lack of) customer service. If you buy their gear DO NOT purchase direct from their website.

14. RDL81 White Belt

RDL81
    I would post on their Facebook page or tweet them provide a link to this forum as well saying we are all waiting to see if they ever resolve this!

HeavyHands likes this.
  15. hangulmalmotayo Green Belt

hangulmalmotayo
    That's the way to do it. Make it very public.

HeavyHands likes this.
  16. HeavyHands Always learning

HeavyHands
    Good call. Just posted on Twitter. Thanks