Adesanyas rise has been unprecedented

they say its like getting punched by a small car

A shame Moose left. That would have been a fun fight.

Cant i be a fan? Im not the one who offered him as a replacement for whittaker or gastelum so stop being a debbie downer. Clearly others (in the ufc no less) share my sentiment.
No, you need to calm down, does this mean anything to you?
giphy.gif

GSP's is unprecedented.

Debuted in the UFC Jan 31st, 2004. Fought #1 ranked P4P fighter and WW champ of the world Oct 22nd, 2004..... in his 8th professional MMA fight!

He went from relative unknown to fans pre UFC (only a select few hardcores knew)

False. He was already hyped up before his ufc debut. This video is from february (uploaded 4 days after first ufc fight):

Dude in the vid already saying that he is the best striker in ufc.

Thats a general unknown mma fighter to title contender of the talent rich middleweight division in less than 12 months! Hectic!

He is not a title contender.

Mcgregor rise was way more spectacular. He took the whole ufc by storm and KO/TKO'd everyone except the current champ. Adesanya is a bum compared to featherweight Mcgregor.

Last edited:
Crazy to think Israel made his UFC debut in February.. of 2018! He went from relative unknown to fans pre UFC (only a select few hardcores knew) to being offered a back up for the whittaker vs gastelum fight should one of those beasts fall out.

Thats a general unknown mma fighter to title contender of the talent rich middleweight division in less than 12 months! Hectic!

Israel Adesnaya is an unbelievable fighter and has polarizing charisma to match; remember shergents, characters like this add to the flavour of mma and you can hate all you want. But he brings it every fight and embodies traditional martial arts in a digital world.

Look forward to Adesnaya continuing his meteoric rise and a clash with whittaker would be insane (hoping he gets past gastelum).

View attachment 474487

Bring on 2019!

I just realized that Cody Garbrandt made his UFC debut in February 2016 and won the belt in December of the same year. So yeah, people definitely had better rises than Adesanya.

Back