Adesanyas rise has been unprecedented

I want to see Adesanya vs Micheal Venom Page. I know they are different weight classes and different organizations but we can only hope for the future.

Why isn't he signing up to fight Romero? Romero is looking for an opponent and suddenly all the top 10 MW go into hiding

I think it's some insecure MMA fans who can't believe a former high lv kickboxer is dominating elite guys (2 top 15 opponents) with such ease that fast. Not everyone in KB is shot like Gokhan Saki :D

Yeah Saki has been fighting at high level for way too long , too much wear & tear..
Also is a " speed / explosivness " based fighter and we all know they don't age well...
Add the fact that probably didn't train enough grappling/specific striking, should be a MW by MMA standards and fought a decent fighter for his 1st fight and we got a 1st round smashing...

edit : LOL hadn't watched the fight, just watched it.. Countered.. Not even taken down.. Here goes the " superior striking " .. But with smaller gloves it's whole different ballgame and it looked like Saki didn't know how to deal with a southpaw, changed guard to powerkick his front leg and BOOOM... or at least didn't respect his striking

Last edited:
No we knew who anderson was pre ufc. Remember when goldie said 'welcome to the octagon, Anderson Silva!'. We all knew.

If more mma fans these days were actually mma fans and not strictly UFC fans they would have known him.

Volkan has him beat. Debuted UFC in 2017 February, fought for the title in 2018 Jan. 11 months from debut to title challenge.

Volkan has him beat. Debuted UFC in 2017 February, fought for the title in 2018 Jan. 11 months from debut to title challenge.
Good point, although nowhere near enough hype on volkan. Israel looks a champ already

People belittling his win against Derek. Derek is a good win. He beat Machida and Uriah Hall. That's a solid win to have and he didn't just beat him he destroyed him.

I enjoy how much of a massive nerd he is.

Obviously with a nickname from anime a guy is going to be a nerd, but also you hear the dude in interviews and he breaks down every single element of the game, not just fights but also staredowns, how his opponents walk to the cage, the styles and views of media members and commentators, podcasts and YouTube shows etc.

He analyzes the fuck out of every aspect of the sport.
Here here!
I find it hilarious how he does a fucking Naruto summoning before his fight and then starches his opponent. Love the gimmick and his trash talk isn't disrespectful, he's just super confident. Israel should be every nerd's role model. :D

EdibleAcceptableDiscus-size_restricted.gif

Anderson was relatively unknown in his first fight in the UFC vs. Leben. Won the title in his next fight 4 months later

I remember knowing who Silva was and looking forward to his UFC debut.. I don't think I was following his career but had seen his last couple fights and heard the hype about him online.

I remember telling friends he was probably going outstrike Leben to an easy decision. I also thought Franklin would outgrapple him to decision. Didn't go how I expected lol

I think Adesanyas looks like Grey Worm

Sorry just started watching Game of Thrones so that's all I got

Last edited:
Well-spoken smart guys who behave normally don't fit in with mma fans who love mean-mugging, illiterate gettho trash.

They "rub people the wrong" way and fans "can't get to like them" although "don't get me wrong, he is a good fighter but...".

You'll see. The closer he gets to a title shot the more mma trash will turn on him.

I just don't see it. Somebody from the top 5 is gonna push the pace, drag that boy to the deep end and make him suffer.

Erick Silva's phenomenal rise to the top was even more unprecendentendy, and he's JUST getting started out.

Future 14-weight, 2-gender world champ

Same happens to Zabit

Imagine how badly Moicano would murk Abe Lincoln Jr

I don't think so. Unlike Adesanya, Zabit is great everywhere and can finish a fight many different ways. Plus he's not getting a title shot after his 4th ufc fight.

Back