Adesanya should be ranked top 5 middleweight contender...

GoshiShun17

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Prove me me wrong!!! I know the rankings are bs and ultimately don't matter but the middleweight rankings are pretty ridiculous. Rockhold should not be as high as he is. He simply hasn't been active enough. He hasn't had a win in over a year and it came against someone who probably wasn't top 10 at the time. Also On his way to the title shot, he really didn't have to face his peers, by peers i mean fighters in their prime. When he did he got his head knocked off by Romero. His best win in the UFC besides Weidman is Machida. Does Luke still fight??? Weidman should also be lower. How the hell do you get stopped in 4 out of 5 fights and still be top 5. Yes it was against top competition, but he still has to prove himself. If he has to fight lower ranked guys like Branch to build himself back up so be it but he can't just hold his spot on name alone.

They had Brunson ranked 6 before Israel annihilated him. Also 4 wins one year. So once again prove me wrong.

Rankings aren’t real so they don’t matter.

He should be the champ

Just hand him the title and immediately set him up with DC at 205

Prove me me wrong!!! I know the rankings are bs and ultimately don't matter but the middleweight rankings are pretty ridiculous. Rockhold should not be as high as he is. He simply hasn't been active enough. He hasn't had a win in over a year and it came against someone who probably wasn't top 10 at the time. Also On his way to the title shot, he really didn't have to face his peers, by peers i mean fighters in their prime. When he did he got his head knocked off by Romero. His best win in the UFC besides Weidman is Machida. Does Luke still fight??? Weidman should also be lower. How the hell do you get stopped in 4 out of 5 fights and still be top 5. Yes it was against top competition, but he still has to prove himself. If he has to fight lower ranked guys like Branch to build himself back up so be it but he can't just hold his spot on name alone.

They had Brunson ranked 6 before Israel annihilated him. Also 4 wins one year. So once again prove me wrong.
You go slowly up in rankings, and down.

True. He's #6 and that's fucking ridiculous. Seems like Romero, Rockhold, Weidman and Jacare are fucking locked in the top 5 for whatever reason. 3 of them have defeats in their last bout. I can get that Romero should be ranked at least in the top 3, but get the fuck outta here with Rockhold and Weidman. They should be out of the top 5 until they beat someone in the top 5. End of the fucking story.

Btw, Jacare vs. Adesanya is the fight to make and the winner fights world champion.

True. He's #6 and that's fucking ridiculous. Seems like Romero, Rockhold, Weidman and Jacare are fucking locked in the top 5 for whatever reason. 3 of them have defeats in their last bout. I can get that Romero should be ranked at least in the top 3, but get the fuck outta here with Rockhold and Weidman.

You think Israel should be ranked higher than Rockhold and Weidman?

That's not how rankings work.

Israel has only beaten Brunson and Tavares.

Rockhold and Weidman have bigger wins. Thus the higher ranking.

Don't worry, Israel will surpass both soon. Probably after his next victory which will no doubt be a high profile fight.

He's ranked 6. I agree he is top 5 talent but why even make a thread about it when he is 1 spot outside the top 5.

This is just dumb.

Doesnt matter he could be 13 and get a title shot if thats what they want

Nothing wrong to prove here... This man is speaking the truth!! <{titihmm}><mma4>

True. He's #6 and that's fucking ridiculous. Seems like Romero, Rockhold, Weidman and Jacare are fucking locked in the top 5 for whatever reason. 3 of them have defeats in their last bout. I can get that Romero should be ranked at least in the top 3, but get the fuck outta here with Rockhold and Weidman. They should be out of the top 5 until they beat someone in the top 5. End of the fucking story.

Btw, Jacare vs. Adesanya is the fight to make and the winner fights world champion.
They might as well book Jacare vs. Israel for UFC 234, same night as Whittaker vs. Gastelum. If either Whittaker or Kelvin pull out, Israel gets the TS in front of a home crowd.

Back