Adesanya is the #1 striker in MW division

Israel is on the path to be champ in no time mah boyz

Last edited:
Bruv, so your all Brunson in this fight and I'm all Israel in this fight. Clear as day and no I ain't kidding. I know Brunson is a good wrestler and that he is powerful but all fights start standing. Israel fks people up BAD when he is standing. Do you believe the UFC would give Israel a fight with Brunson (a dangerous wrestler) when they consider Israel a rising prospect/potential superstar of the UFC? Wow, my super bruva and me are at opposite ends on this topic lol. Still love ya like a bruva Myrddin but we gonna have to wait and see
Wow, I guess it's real. It's all good bro. It would actually be pretty strange if we never did have opposite pix... so it's all good fun. I'm definitely not hating on Ade... I just haven't seen enough of him... but we certainly will now.

Like we discussed earlier... we haven't seen Adesanya against a real high level wrestler.... so this will be a major major question answering session for him. I'm not sure what the UFC's motivation is, cause as you said, Ade is a rising star & you'd think they would give him an easier path, but imo matching him up with a high end wrestler is probably one of the most challenging thingz they could've given to him.

Then again, this division is full of top tier Wrestlers & so maybe Brunson is the the easiest of the top guyz.

This ain't the first talented power puncher Brunson's been up against, so it's not like this is something new to him, but I'm not sure how Ade's power is translating to the top of the division either. He was KOing everyone in the smaller divisions... & now he's got 2 decisions. As you know, things get a lot different in the UFC... especially toward the top of the divisions. So we will see. Will be a sweet feather in Ade's cap if he can pull it off. A lot of people questioned McGregor vs. Mendez & look how that turned out.

Last edited:
Wow, I guess it's real. It's all good bro. It would actually be pretty strange if we never did have opposite pix... so it's all good fun. I'm definitely not hating on Ade... I just haven't seen enough of him... but we certainly will now.

Like we discussed earlier... we haven't seen Adesanya against a real high level wrestler.... so this will be a major major question answering session for him. I'm not sure what the UFC's motivation is, cause as you said, Ade is a rising star & you'd think they would give him an easier path, but imo matching him up with a high end wrestler is probably one of the most challenging thingz they could've given to him.

Then again, this division is full of top tier Wrestlers & so maybe Brunson is the the easiest of the top guyz.

This ain't the first talented power puncher Brunson's been up against, so it's not like this is something new to him, but I'm not sure how Ade's power is translating to the top of the division either. He was KOing everyone in the smaller divisions... & now he's got 2 decisions. As you know, things get a lot different in the UFC... especially toward the top of the divisions. So we will see. Will be a sweet feather in Ade's cap if he can pull it off. A lot of people questioned McGregor vs. Mendez & look how that turned out.
I've watched alot if not all of his kickboxing bouts. This kid has amazing movement and knows how to use spacing & his reach so incredibly well it's almost matrix like. I firmly believe that if he works on his takedown defense that he can become one of the best middleweights of all time in the UFC. Here is a video of him fighting New Zealand's Dan Roberts another high-level kickboxer. These two were talkin mad s*** to each other post fight and watch what happens when the fight ends. PS, this fight ends extremely fast

I've watched alot if not all of his kickboxing bouts. This kid has amazing movement and knows how to use spacing & his reach so incredibly well it's almost matrix like. I firmly believe that if he works on his takedown defense that he can become one of the best middleweights of all time in the UFC. Here is a video of him fighting New Zealand's Dan Roberts another high-level kickboxer. These two were talkin mad s*** to each other post fight and watch what happens when the fight ends. PS, this fight ends extremely fast

Thanx for sharing that link. He got skills for sure. I could get behind him once I see how he handles high level wresting, but you know that you can't just grace over the idea that all he has to do is work on his TD defense. That's a huge difference in stance & style. Everything changes. You basically gotta re-invent your style. Kickboxing is a great start, but how someone transfers everything over to MMA is a real trick. He seems to be doing a nice job though so far. Now that he's matched with Brunson, we should get some real clear answers about his TDD & ground game for sure. (Hopefully we see that stuff instead of like a flash KO or something.)

For instance, when the dude he was fighting in your video got in trouble & Ade started swarming... Ade's legs were wide open for a double. All that dude had to do was drop down & get it. Everything changes when you add wresting to the mix. Hopefully his progress translates well to the higher level wrestlers... because he's now up in the rankings with a bunch of them.

Ngannou is a good example of what I'm talking about. Everyone was flocking onto his band wagon & then when he was put on his back he seemed as helpless as a turtle that's been flipped over. I'm sure Blaydes would do the same thing to him.

I'm not trying to dis Ngannou... just saying that it's a very important part of MMA that changes everything... he went from a killer to exposed in that one fight. So that's why I gotta see how Ade does against high level wrestling before I jump on board.

Thanx for sharing that link. He got skills for sure. I could get behind him once I see how he handles high level wresting, but you know that you can't just grace over the idea that all he has to do is work on his TD defense. That's a huge difference in stance & style. Everything changes. You basically gotta re-invent your style. Kickboxing is a great start, but how someone transfers everything over to MMA is a real trick. He seems to be doing a nice job though so far. Now that he's matched with Brunson, we should get some real clear answers about his TDD & ground game for sure. (Hopefully we see that stuff instead of like a flash KO or something.)

For instance, when the dude he was fighting in your video got in trouble & Ade started swarming... Ade's legs were wide open for a double. All that dude had to do was drop down & get it. Everything changes when you add wresting to the mix. Hopefully his progress translates well to the higher level wrestlers... because he's now up in the rankings with a bunch of them.

Ngannou is a good example of what I'm talking about. Everyone was flocking onto his band wagon & then when he was put on his back he seemed as helpless as a turtle that's been flipped over. I'm sure Blaydes would do the same thing to him.

I'm not trying to dis Ngannou... just saying that it's a very important part of MMA that changes everything... he went from a killer to exposed in that one fight. So that's why I gotta see how Ade does against high level wrestling before I jump on board.

Ade doesn't have to worry about his stance in Kickboxing obviously cus they're aren't takedowns in kickboxing. However, your 100% right about him having to change his whole style if he is gonna be a world beater. I'm hoping he does. He is super exciting to watch fight imo bruva

Ade doesn't have to worry about his stance in Kickboxing obviously cus they're aren't takedowns in kickboxing. However, your 100% right about him having to change his whole style if he is gonna be a world beater. I'm hoping he does. He is super exciting to watch fight imo bruva
I hope he doez too my brother. I'll be rooting for him against Brunson.

Israel is gonna fuqqqqqq Derek up. Derek isn't on Israel's level

ok man!
his last fight prior to the Tavarez decision was a split decision vs some random fighter from Italy. Italy is a city of love, they have no MMA gyms

he has no wrestling, and kickboxing only does not translate well to MMA

lets see him against Yoel Romero
let’s see what he’s like against Brunson and if he wins give him the Romero/Costa winner to really test him

You're a douchebag who took all fucking day to respond to me and i didnt even fucking read it. Actually the more i see you post on here the more i think you're just an annoying fucking geek who thinks he knows everything and i won't waste another minute of my time on your bitch ass. Its a fuckin internet forum, get a life loser.

<{jackyeah}>

I think hes yet to be tested stylistically. I mean therw arw a couple of guys outside the UFC i think would be a bad match up. I think once he faces a high tier grappler he'd take a loss.

I havent been on sherdog much lately so a bit late on the reply here. Dude is super talented and has a good chance at becoming a top 5 guy over the next year. His reflexes and striking accuracy are next level. I am very hyped on his potential.
Same ere bruv, glad to see you got to responding when you could!

Israel Adesanya
Born
Israel Mobolaji Adesanya
22 July 1989 (age 29)
Lagos, Nigeria
Other names The Last Stylebender
Nationality New Zealander
Ethnicity Nigerian
Height 6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)
Weight 185 lb (84 kg; 13.2 st)
Division Middleweight (MMA)
Cruiserweight (Boxing)
Reach 80 in (203 cm)
Style Muay Thai, Boxing, Kickboxing, BJJ, Taekwondo
Fighting out of Auckland, New Zealand
Team City Kickboxing
Trainer Eugene Bareman
Rank Blue belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu under André Galvão[1]
Years active 2009–present
Professional boxing record
Total
Wins 6
By knockout 1
Losses 1
Kickboxing record
Total
Wins 57
By knockout 24
Losses 5
By knockout 1
Draws 0
No contests 0
Mixed martial arts record
Total
Wins 14
By knockout 12
By decision 2
Losses 0

This kid is a phenomenal striker, those highlights are amazing. I pray this kid works his wrestling and TDD to the core, he could be unstoppable. I see him being champ in the future. Who wouldn't want to see him fight Paulo Costa? He already said he would fk Costa up on JRE podcast

Anderson Silva is next to be dissected men. I can't w8 for this war

I think hes yet to be tested stylistically. I mean therw arw a couple of guys outside the UFC i think would be a bad match up. I think once he faces a high tier grappler he'd take a loss.
How about Anderson Silva for a test between 2 master strikers

He has obviously been working on TDD, I hope he works his BJJ a lot too. That was a huge weapon in Anderson's arsenal (can't help but make the comparison).

I see the logic behind it but also dont think its good for Anderson but of course i am gonna watch it
It's a must watch imo. 2 master level strikers. Doesn't get better than that imo.

I scrolled through the first few pages and nobody has realized that he’s a MW fighter and not a WW fighter?

This forum sucks balls you people have no idea what you’re watching

Back