Add another one to Fakehatecrimes.org (Canada)

Hot take from HuffPost

DTywKjBVoAEZmu6.jpg

What's the logic behind blurring her face? When she was the victim, they showed it - no problem. Now that she's been caught in a lie, it's blurred.

IMHO, she's 11, so her face should have always been blurred, or better yet, she should have never been dragged in front of the cameras. Yeah... that would have been the best tactic.

Obviously, a reporter cut her hijab while his boys were setting up at school. Police couldn’t find witnesses because everyone on the street was a media figure.

That family has apologized and this is over, it would be nice if the media here would just let this non-story go.

There seems to be an epidemic of irrational fear of islamophobia. People are imagining cases of islamophobia.

We need to address this rise of islamophobia-phobia.

That family has apologized and this is over, it would be nice if the media here would just let this non-story go.

Yea it would, but even more importantly it would be great if they would reflect on this fiasco. 1 of 2 things happened here: either this girl wanted to get out of wearing that ridiculous hijab and told a lie that quickly spun out of her control, or someone put her up to faking a hate crime for political gain. Either way, it's no excuse for the media to go full retard. They could have simply broadcast what the police had reported, with the most important detail being the description of the supposed attacker, and updated with more info as it became available. There was no need to fuckin plaster this 11 year old girl's name and face all over the country/world.

But they were creaming their pants at the possibility of a huge Islamophobia story. They knew that they could milk more out of this story if they had a face, a poster girl for the oppression amd bigotry of Canada. Because our media is so goddamn thirsty for any kind of polarizing news, any kind of ism or phobia, and especially anything that can demonstrate how racist and terrible we all are. Obviously this is what gets clicks and therefore increases profits. But it's leading us to all become distrustful and suspicious of each other, hostile. The media needs to take this opportunity to realize that they need to act with more thought to ethics and responsibility. But honestly I think it may be too late, we're probably too far gone.

I expect the cause is likely different from the two options you detailed above, but I completely agree with your post.

People have been shot to death in Toronto in recent memory and have not had the media in such an uproar as this.

Yea it would, but even more importantly it would be great if they would reflect on this fiasco. 1 of 2 things happened here: either this girl wanted to get out of wearing that ridiculous hijab and told a lie that quickly spun out of her control, or someone put her up to faking a hate crime for political gain. Either way, it's no excuse for the media to go full retard. They could have simply broadcast what the police had reported, with the most important detail being the description of the supposed attacker, and updated with more info as it became available. There was no need to fuckin plaster this 11 year old girl's name and face all over the country/world.

But they were creaming their pants at the possibility of a huge Islamophobia story. They knew that they could milk more out of this story if they had a face, a poster girl for the oppression amd bigotry of Canada. Because our media is so goddamn thirsty for any kind of polarizing news, any kind of ism or phobia, and especially anything that can demonstrate how racist and terrible we all are. Obviously this is what gets clicks and therefore increases profits. But it's leading us to all become distrustful and suspicious of each other, hostile. The media needs to take this opportunity to realize that they need to act with more thought to ethics and responsibility. But honestly I think it may be too late, we're probably too far gone.

cbc was pissed that their muslim good samaritan murder story became unviable to promote so they doubled down hard on this one

Regarding charging the kid or her mom: it's really not a good look to charge a kid like her for something like this. No good would really come of it. As for the mother, how would they prove that she put the kid up to this? I don't think the TPS want to launch a full investigation into this family. I'm sure they'd much rather just move on.

What stuck out to me was how the cops said that they determined it was fake from security camera footage. I can see that, like I said this is a busy area surrounded by apartment buildings and stores. I just can't see how if you have 2 kids as young as that telling a bullshit story that you would need to get to the point of going to these places and checking the footage. Should be pretty damn easy to catch them in bullshit, especially the little brother. I mean we saw how the girl spoke at her press conference....she must be a damn good liar and the story must have been pretty rehearsed if it didn't fall apart quickly. Especially since the brother was involved like I said. But what a waste of our popo's time to have to go to these places and get their security camera footage.
You gotta remember that the police wouldn't have been pulling footage to prove the kid was full of shit. They'd have been treating this as a real hate crime, especially with the red ball media attention they were about to be pressed with.
They'd have gone to get footage to get a picture of the perp, and quickly realized it was bogus.

You gotta remember that the police wouldn't have been pulling footage to prove the kid was full of shit. They'd have been treating this as a real hate crime, especially with the red ball media attention they were about to be pressed with.
They'd have gone to get footage to get a picture of the perp, and quickly realized it was bogus.

Right I get that they were taking it seriously. I didn't mean to say that they wanted to prove the kid a liar. What I meant was, I don't see how the hell it got to the point that they had to check security cameras because between an 11 year old and her younger brother with such a fantastical story, I gotta think that some red flags would pop up immediately and if pressed at all that the story would collapse. But I guess once the heads of government got involved the cops had to go through all the motions.....I'm sure they suspected it was bullshit.

Right I get that they were taking it seriously. I didn't mean to say that they wanted to prove the kid a liar. What I meant was, I don't see how the hell it got to the point that they had to check security cameras because between an 11 year old and her younger brother with such a fantastical story, I gotta think that some red flags would pop up immediately and if pressed at all that the story would collapse. But I guess once the heads of government got involved the cops had to go through all the motions.....I'm sure they suspected it was bullshit.
Yup. It's a redball case. Closing it quickly and favourably is a matter of political and media urgency.

You pointed out yourself, there was an article published within 45 minutes of the onset of the school day. That'd light a fire under any investigators ass. I doubt the police had even had the time to take a statement yet. With that time frame it's a good bet the media got the first phone call, which is insane.

cbc was pissed that their muslim good samaritan murder story became unviable to promote so they doubled down hard on this one

That the one with the kid who got intervening in some kind of harassment and doesn't seem to have had his injuries taken seriously by the responding paramedics? What happened there?

Meh. Its a good way to keeping the discussion of hate crimes at the top. They happen and go unreported for the most part. So a fake story doesnt do damage.

Meh. Its a good way to keeping the discussion of hate crimes at the top. They happen and go unreported for the most part. So a fake story doesnt do damage.
No we don't need to be discussing how intolerant and racist white Canadians are.

This doesn't do damage you say? This does permanent damage because it kills resistance to mass immigration and multiculturalism.

how did no one saw the altercation ??? How could the perp cut off the Islamic blind without hacking the girls hair in the process ? How come no investigator noticed that very detail ??? You answer that.

No we don't need to be discussing how intolerant and racist white Canadians are.

This doesn't do damage you say? This does permanent damage because it kills resistance to mass immigration and multiculturalism.
She said it was an asian dude from what i remember. Racists come in all sorts of colours.

@Devout Pessimist posted about it in my thread earlier. I was mistaken about the girl having her Hijab cut off.

I should not have made a thread about it. It was the wrong thing to do.

You probably shouldn't have blamed this fake attack on white supremacy without reading the article either.
To be on the safe side, you should apologize to everyone in this forum who has ever wasted time reading one your posts.

You probably shouldn't have blamed this fake attack on white supremacy without reading the article either.
To be on the safe side, you should apologize to everyone in this forum who has ever wasted time reading one your posts.
No.

Back