Add a sport to the Olympics

Rugby 7s was the greatest add of my lifetime.

that shit is awesome.

Functional gymnastics.

tumblr_mhxomanMvE1qgqqcxo1_400.gif

Keep Fencing but use sharp swords.

Rugby 7s was the greatest add of my lifetime.

that shit is awesome.
I was stoked to see that added. I'm also glad to see "Sport Climbing" added. It's about time they created a controlled competition to give Mountaineering a legitimate sporting dimension. I'm curious how similar to American Ninja Warrior it will be. I hadn't read anything, yet. First I saw of it was on the upcoming sports list due to this thread.

I was stoked to see that added. I'm also glad to see "Sport Climbing" added. It's about time they created a controlled competition to give Mountaineering a legitimate sporting dimension. I'm curious how similar to American Ninja Warrior it will be. I hadn't read anything, yet. First I saw of it was on the upcoming sports list due to this thread.

As a rock climber I'm happy to see this.

Calcio Storico - It's like a combination of MMA, bare knucking fighting, rugby, and soccer.....I think??

Calcio Storico - It's like a combination of MMA, bare knucking fighting, rugby, and soccer.....I think??

Meh. I'd much rather see Tackle Team Racegolf than watch this.

I'm American, and even I don't want to see that.
  1. Rallycross
  2. Formula 1
  3. Indycar
  4. NASCAR
  5. Dragstrip Racing
probably wouldn't be eligible for the Olympics anyway because we all know Asians cant drive and I doubt that they would allow a sport that an entire region cant participate in

Squash

ted033012Squash1.jpg

Don't know why it's not already in.

Tennis, badminton and table tennis are, so should this be.

probably wouldn't be eligible for the Olympics anyway because we all know Asians cant drive and I doubt that they would allow a sport that an entire region cant participate in
Considering Table Tennis is in the Olympics and nobody gives a shit about that recreation beyond its diversionary time-killing value (minus the inconvenience of sweating as it's played) outside China, that isn't the issue. The issue is that the Olympics isn't supposed to be about wealth, although this already influences the outcomes greatly, obviously, and Motorsports are arguably a greater competition of engineering than they are of the individual, amateur sportsman (although we ditched the "amateur" part back with the Dream Team as the onset of the post-ESPN world came to be). Of course, that's rather philosophical considering that in many ways the Games-- and professional sports in general-- has become a test of who has the best biochemists.

Same could be said for Badminton. That was a lawn recreation for British ladies in dresses and absurdly tall hats. Meanwhile, even they don't give a shit about it anymore. Who cares about that sport outside the Phillipines?

But, oh, baseball, the #2 sport in the western hemisphere...the Americans are good as that, so the European-controlled IOC gave it their best shot at wiping that out.

<YeahOKJen>
Makes sense.

I wouldn't mind seeing amateur MMA in the Olympics. It would be a great way to create intrigue around up and coming fighters

Back