ADD a $10,000 finishing bonus......Lower the award for performance of the night bonus

galleryy

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
That would make for a lot more incentive

JUST BLEED

<Dana05><Y2JSmirk>

latest

The lawyers will say no. If you reward people for dishing out brain damage it could look bad in the future. Pretty sure that is why the knockout of the night is now a 'performance' bonus.

CTE lawsuits are going to be a thing.

The lawyers will say no. If you reward people for dishing out brain damage it could look bad in the future. Pretty sure that is why the knockout of the night is now a 'performance' bonus.

I agree with you on the name change. But just a finished fight 10k bonus that doesn't highlight the KO as the end all be all could still work out.

That new UFC facility cost like U$20M and will cost to maintain over the years. All that money should have been invested on the fighters. HAHAHA

UFC Fighters need to go on strike.

All pay is contingent on getting the finish.

I thought the KOTN/SOTN performances were renamed because some cards don't end in subs or (T)KO's?

10k isnt that great incentive based on risk/reward. Considering going for the finish you are more likely to get stopped yourself, a loss would hurt a lot more financially than the potential reward of a 10k Bonus is worth.

I don't think so, NFL concussion lawsuits are a thing because the league tried to cover up the damage playing football can do.

MMA in general is a combat sport where the entire point is to harm your opponent, anyone trying to sue for getting harmed while doing MMA wouldn't stand a chance in court. There's a reason why no one sues boxing promoters for getting concussions while boxing, and that's a sport with (allegedly) more head trauma than mma.

No. Technique will go out the window, fights will look like complete shit.

That new UFC facility cost like U$20M and will cost to maintain over the years. All that money should have been invested on the fighters. HAHAHA

Sub Contractors can't go on strike you fucking Goof!

I don't think so, NFL concussion lawsuits are a thing because the league tried to cover up the damage playing football can do.

MMA in general is a combat sport where the entire point is to harm your opponent, anyone trying to sue for getting harmed while doing MMA wouldn't stand a chance in court. There's a reason why no one sues boxing promoters for getting concussions while boxing, and that's a sport with (allegedly) more head trauma than mma.

They used to incentivize KO's and brain damage with knock out bonuses. I'm just saying they wont do it to legally cover their ass.

I wonder how much was spent on the UFC Fighter's Retreat + paying Kobe to come talk to the fighters?

They should have a million dollar first round finish bonus and we'll see everyone come out fighting like maniacs

They used to incentivize KO's and brain damage with knock out bonuses. I'm just saying they wont do it to legally cover their ass.

They don't have to call it that, they legit should have up to 12 or 13 (or however many fights there are) performance bonuses where fighters who put on an exciting show and go for the finish get rewarded.

That way the system works now they only give those performance bonuses to two fighters (4 if you count FOTN) and the undercard fighters know that realistically they dont have a good shot at those bonuses. So undercard fighters are have more financial incentive to go for the win than go for an exciting performance.

Difference was, that wasnt guarenteed, if you ko a guy and joe lauzon ko a guy, joe lauzon will get the bonus, this way it is a sure thingm

Sub Contractors can't go on strike you fucking Goof!
Yes they can.
(1) They can all decline jobs and/or (2) They can all "retire" at the same time.

This is actually how EASY it will be to do. Because these old school guys decided to put their foot down on the owner's necks, the new school guys are enjoying ridiculous amounts of money, and the game is more popular and global. Everybody is making money.

MMA fighters just need to stop using PEDs, grow some balls and stand for their rights. They are getting RAPED.

When can we stop pretending finishes mean good fights?

Finishes usually just mean the fight was a mismatch.

Remove show/win money. Offer fighters flat fees to fight.
Add $10,000 finishing bonus and keep FOTN bonuses.

I wonder how much was spent on the UFC Fighter's Retreat + paying Kobe to come talk to the fighters?
Too much, but that is the cheap part.

They have staff working at the facility. The biggest cost of any business is labor. They have state of the art equipment that will need upgrades and maintenance for years to come.

That facility was a huge investment, at a time it is really not needed. Now is the time to invest in fighters, so they can perform and grow the sport.

Back