ADCC 2015 Discussion Thread

there must be a lot of ppl here experiencing their first adcc. This event is always this way. Their rule set is awful.

Ibjjf worlds>>>>>>>>>>>adcc

there must be a lot of ppl here experiencing their first adcc. This event is always this way. Their rule set is awful.

I like them both.

Yeah, ADCC always has some duds, but I find the matches overall are more exciting.

IBJJF, of late, is a lot of 50/50 guard interwoven with absolute classic matches like Rodolfo/Buchecha.

I dunno man. I've watched the last few adccs since 2007 and I can't remember it ever being this boring.

I dunno man. I've watched the last few adccs since 2007 and I can't remember it ever being this boring.

Same.

Been watching ADCC since 05 and have been too many mundials (including the last one in Brazil) and ADCC has always been considered more open ended. Maybe more events have been effecting it's "excitement"

I thought that a lot of the fights were good to excellent. No classics that I can recall (except the wrestling/judo classic Rocha/Calasans - best ever), but Ramos' submission was great, and I especially liked Rodolfo vs Xande. That was as competitive as a match at that level should be.

One thing I think they may have to review is the format for these tournaments. By the time the finals came around, almost everyone was so burnt out over two days of competing that it made for some very slow finals and a relatively uneventful Absolute tournament.

None of the fights were boring to me

I even enjoyed the first super fight

I must cast my hat in with the 'most boring ADCC in recent memory' vote, unfortunately.

Ramos was really the only live spark this time.

Womens' matches were more exciting than mens'.

AJ being in the absolute over Eddie Cummings is disappointing

Eddie and Garry decided in advance Garry should do it. ADCC doesn't like teammates in the absolute. And even if they let them both in they would have had to fight each other right away.

I must cast my hat in with the 'most boring ADCC in recent memory' vote, unfortunately.

Ramos was really the only live spark this time.

Womens' matches were more exciting than mens'.

I was good until the finals. I remember Bravo predicting that this would happen after watching the last Rafa/Cobra. Most high level bjj guys aren't high level wrestlers. So with that guard pull penalty we get mediocre wrestling matches. And here we are a few years after and we are bored out of our minds because of a simple rule. Even having some matches decided by that rule. It's unfortunate. Still a fun event. But it can be improved upon for sure.

I'm glad that Calasans finally won a major title. So I guess that means Calasans v. Galvao for the next ADCC super fight. Hilarious if they closed out that fight with both repping Atos.

The tough part is that almost ever Pan Championship or Mundial, everyone complains about people flopping guard. I'm definitely not disputing that this was a boring event, but there's going to be disagreements regardless which one the rules permit.

This event was terrible I bought it & am extremely disappointed. Definitely won't do that again & waste a bunch of hours watching.

Hate to say it but definitely the most boring adcc I've seen from 05 to now.

Congrats to all the winners and everyone that showed up for sure.

Hate to say it but definitely the most boring adcc I've seen from 05 to now.

Congrats to all the winners and everyone that showed up for sure.

God damn it i agree, some genius had to fuck it all up with this penalty for guard pulling during the 10 first minutes, I had to leave the stadium before the absolutes, and sincerely after watching Keenan and Yuri wrestle I said fuck it, I'm not missing my flight for More snoozfest,I was so look pisssed,the whole stadium was about to go to sleep the most noises it was made was when mackenzi decided to fix her hair,then it was like watching Orlando vs dopp in all fights (or most of them) it's fucking ridiculous.

Get some mediocre wrestlers in the competition and 100% guarantee they'll win all their matches. If You can't pull guard how the fuck are you going to deal with a superior wrestler while the wrestler can back the fuck out all he wants and only gets a warning... Its a disgrace to the sport. Its submission Wrestling tournament not a wrestling tournament, which is what's basically the New rules are making it to be...what's next? Set time limit on the ground? Fucking bullshit.

I didn't see any of the fights but did Rodolfo gift it to Rocha? I know they trained together for ADCC and Rodolfo hates going against teammates/close friends. But at the same time I can't see Rodolfo giving up the chance to double gold to anyone...

Back