Adam Wingard's THE WOODS Is Actually a BLAIR WITCH Sequel (Official Trailer Released)

If you have seen BLAIR WITCH, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
i hope actually show the witch. like not constantly so that it takes away the mystery but just a glimpse.

Saw the first one in the theatres, terrible movie and I had motion sickness after...

First the film had 8 good reviews. All from the same date from the same film festival.
Just yesterday though more reviews have been coming in. And every time I checked back it slowly descended to 'rotten'.

Saw the first one in the theatres, terrible movie and I had motion sickness after...

lol, you have like a 3 for constitution then, you should request a reroll
1447737510630.jpg

great movie though
plus the first to really do the internet viral marketing which was genius

1447737510630.jpg

great movie though
I'm sorry I don't speak that kind of language sir. No matter what anyone says, that movie was garbage, with a garbage ending

I'm sorry I don't speak that kind of language sir. No matter what anyone says, that movie was garbage, with a garbage ending
1447737510630.jpg

great movie though
And I've fished in shit you shouldn't be out in the water in and never did I feel like when I left that shitshow

You don't speak american? Get the fuck out of here you damn commie. I will send the ghost of Jed after ya.
Red-Dawn-Swayze.jpg

First the film had 8 good reviews. All from the same date from the same film festival.
Just yesterday though more reviews have been coming in. And every time I checked back it slowly descended to 'rotten'.
Tbh I expect that it'll be bad lol. But still gonna watch. At the very least it should be a bit fun. I'm looking forward to it x:

Just saw Blair Witch, the witch is OP as fuck

She can transport the kids into her own dimension where she control times, weather, and the environment.
She can knock down drones from 100ft in the air
She can alter reality
She can knock down redwoods at will
If you look at her, it's an insta-death
Not to mention, she can post a Youtube video of your death a week before and you won't even realize it's you until you're in the woods.

Just saw Blair Witch, the witch is OP as fuck

She can transport the kids into her own dimension where she control times, weather, and the environment.
She can knock down drones from 100ft in the air
She can alter reality
She can knock down redwoods at will
If you look at her, it's an insta-death
Not to mention, she can post a Youtube video of your death a week before and you won't even realize it's you until you're in the woods.

Good to know it's staying with the original and not turning into supernatural paranormal films of today...

rollseyes.gif

Good to know it's staying with the original and not turning into supernatural paranormal films of today...

rollseyes.gif

That's basically comic book speak for the kind of things that happened in the original (ie. them walking in a straight line in the woods for days and end up in the same spot they started in).

That's basically comic book speak for the kind of things that happened in the original (ie. them walking in a straight line in the woods for days and end up in the same spot they started in).

The trailers alone are enough to show us that it's a film of it's own and is just using the Blair Witch title for sales.

The bright lights, the sucking people up into trees, "Blair Witch Twig Voodoo Dolls", silent close ups in rabbit holes followed by someone dragging them 100 miles an hour down the rabbit hole, etc.

What did you all really think of the original Blair Witch movie? How old were you at the time it came out?

I loved it, but I saw it on pirated VHS before all the hype surrounded it. I was 19 at the time. I wasn't even certain it was a movie. I was just told to sit down and watch it.

Blair Witch tries to live of the same type of social media campaign as the first film but at the end of the day, it’s simply a very cheap effort at a cash grab. They don’t really try anything new except for the update in technology which turns out to be worthless anyway as we know no one is surviving. Perhaps if this was a different year, I could give this movie credit for being a decent soft reboot of the original. But in a year where horror has had a pretty good run of quality films, I can’t help but feel that Blair Witch is just a rehash of tropes we’ve seen done better. Ultimately Blair Witch is a decent found footage horror film but it comes at a time where the genre needs a rest not a reboot.

https://society-reviews.com/2016/09/15/blair-witch-review/

Well that's disappointing. I was actually considering watching The Woods. Now that I know it's a Blair Witch sequel I'll probably pass.

rollseyes.gif

Hate to break it to ya, but it kinda did.

Alot of jump scares/cheap shots; felt like I as watching REC at times.

Barrett and Winguard for me forgot what made the first so good. The Blair Witch Project is actually a psychological horror; not saying it had no supernatural, but the scares were all psychological. This sequel was all loud noises and glimpses of stuff that takes the mystery out of what was so great about the original.

The horror should exist in the mind; here, it mimics so many found footage etc horrors that came out after the first Blair Witch.

Though I do commend them for expanding on the mythology, and they did need to do original things.

Just it did not have anywhere near the same effect as the first; of course, it couldn't possibly. But, for me, this was NOT truly TBW. Though I see it was produced by original directors Sanchez and Whatshisname.

After all is said and done, it's one of those films that does not need a sequel, and one cannot possibly live up to the original, and only serves to strip away it's effect. It shouldn't have been made, but I'm glad I watched it for the nostalgia.

3 Wicker dolls out of 5

Last edited:
Hate to break it to ya, but it kinda did.

Alot of jump scares/cheap shots; felt like I as watching REC at times.

Barrett and Winguard for me forgot what made the first so good. The Blair Witch Project is actually a psychological horror; not saying it had no supernatural, but the scares were all psychological. This sequel was all loud noises and glimpses of stuff that takes the mystery out of what was so great about the original.

The horror should exist in the mind; here, it mimics so many found footage etc horrors that came out after the first Blair Witch.

Though I do commend them for expanding on the mythology, and they did need to do original things.

Just it did not have anywhere near the same effect as the first; of course, it couldn't possibly. But, for me, this was NOT truly TBW. Though I see it was produced by original directors Sanchez and Whatshisname.

After all is said and done, it's one of those films that does not need a sequel, and one cannot possibly live up to the original, and only serves to strip away it's effect. It shouldn't have been made, but I'm glad I watched it for the nostalgia.

3 Wicker dolls out of 5

I was having a tough time coming to terms with how I felt about this movie (how much did I WANT to like this vs. how much did I REALLY like it), but I think you summed it up. It's weird that for how much this movie felt like a rehash of The Blair Witch Project, the new stuff made it almost feel like they could have just made it a stand-alone film.

That being said, I think I'm more forgiving of it just because I felt the movie finished strong. If things were reversed and the movie started off great and finished like shit I'd be much more harsh on it, but because it left me on a high note, I'm willing to let go of some of the things that bothered me. Book of Shadows is proof that this could have been handled a LOT worse.

That stick figure scene, though...

Back