Adam Wingard's THE WOODS Is Actually a BLAIR WITCH Sequel (Official Trailer Released)

If you have seen BLAIR WITCH, how would you rate it?

• Total voters

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
THE WOODS is Actually a BLAIR WITCH Sequel; First Trailer Released

Blair-Witch-072216-Dragonlord.jpg

Are you ready for a trip back to one of the horror genre’s most feared woods? EW can reveal that Lionsgate is releasing a new, and previously secret, sequel to horror classic The Blair Witch Project on Sept. 16. Titled, simply, Blair Witch, the found footage movie stars James Allen McCune (Showtime’s Shameless) as the brother of Heather Donahue’s character from the original 1999 horror film, who sets out to discover what happened to his long-missing sister.

Blair Witch is directed by Adam Wingard and written by Simon Barrett, whose previous collaborations include 2013’s home invasion horror-comedy You’re Next and the following year’s Dan Stevens-starring action-thriller The Guest. The film was shot secretly in Vancouver last year but has actually been hiding in plain sight under the name of The Woods. In May, Lionsgate released a trailer for “The Woods,” which featured footage from the film accompanied by a creepy cover of The Police’s “Every Breath You Take.” Blair Witch is being publicly shown Friday for the first time at Comic-Con in San Diego at an event which has been billed as a screening for The Woods.

“The Woods was our working title,” says director Wingard. “When we signed on to it, we knew that [the name] was eventually going to be changed. To us, it wasn’t even going to be part of the marketing. But I think Lionsgate made a really smart decision, using that.” Blair Witch will be released in theaters on September 16.

Secret Blair Witch sequel gets new trailer, September release date

@Nonsense @Bobby Boulders @JudoThrowFiasco @neverwas @Marfa @EvilDDS @M3t4tr0n @BryanIam @GearSolidMetal @In The Name Of @Kardashians @GrizzlyTitan @Phokuz @Gambitpool @Protectandserve @RTL @Crashdog

If you want to be notified of any interesting horror movie news, sign up:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/movie-news-notification.3157051/

I'm so excited I can't even finish reading lmao give me a moment

Already had one piece of shit sequel

I actually went to the theater for that shit

#NeverForget

book-of-shadows-blair-witch-2-watching-the-tapes.jpg

Okay watched trailer and doesn't look as good but idc I'm still in lol.

Also looks like there's gonna be a lot of the same stuff the original/first did? Well whatever still in. Lol this year has been a good year for movies for me xD hyped.

I enjoyed the sequel...I can't explain why though.

I still say the best part of the book of shadows was the end credits. Not because I'm being a rude cheeky ass, but really enjoyed the music paired up with the shots of the woods. Poe's "haunted" was perf for that.

This is kind of like making a sequel to Alien Autopsy.

KyWoHxT.jpg

Is this the new trend? Film a horror sequel or spin off to an old untapped franchise, then reveal it out of nowhere? I kind of like it. Feels unpredictable.

I am now waiting for Idle Hands 2 to be revealed anytime now.

I didn't even know it made it to theater. I know the first was big so yeah I guess they'd put it in theater, but it was just so . . . Eh /:

One of the worst sequels of all time.

Am i weird for enjoying the sequel? o_O

Hahah count me on board as someone who inexplicably enjoyed the sequel. Was enjoyable

Al Qaeda videos have better production value than this.

Production value is good but the plot is always so predictable. They need to consult with M. Night Shyamalan or something.

I'll admit it since I already did in other thread n you guys are doing it now, but as much as I hated it I also kinda liked the sequel X: I recorded it on VHS and watched it every day after school ):

Hahah count me on board as someone who inexplicably enjoyed the sequel. Was enjoyable

I'll admit it since I already did in other thread n you guys are doing it now, but as much as I hated it I also kinda liked the sequel X: I recorded it on VHS and watched it every day after school ):

That settles it then fuck the original and fuck the new one the sequel rocks!

Production value is good but the plot is always so predictable. They need to consult with M. Night Shyamalan or something.

Twist ending: They cut their own heads off

I can dig it

Back