Adam Saitiev: Khabib and Why We Chechen Rule The Mat

look at this crazy takedown on romero. this is high level stuff.

romero6_zps32c7c98d_medium.gif

Good gawd.
Why they tried to remove wrestling for the 2020 olympics is beyond me.
That short clip appears about as high level as it gets.

Good gawd.
Why they tried to remove wrestling for the 2020 olympics is beyond me.
That short clip appears about as high level as it gets.
Politics and telegenics.

Basically nations west doesnt like dominates it and no one watches it so advertising dollars suck for it.

Is it gone from the 2020 games?

Nah still there, I’m a striking based dude, I still can’t fathom how u gonna even take a pillar Olympian sport away.

Those clips epitomize what it means to be an Olympian. Imo

these chechen and so on after ussr caught this areas these all people had to fight with the russian flag or these people wasn allowed to compete and got punished. after the olympics they wasnt seen as russians in the russian society, only in sports they had to compete with the russian flag and had to speek russian language. so really hard and strange circumstances there.

something crazy always went on this area. this area is really tough.

im not saying everybody there is tough but the circumstances there are different.

It was like these with many more areas and countries in the former Soviet Union (like Ukraine and Belarus). They needed to learn abd speak Russian. So Chechnya is no exception or a "special" place if you consider that.

"When you are a boy, you start wrestling. I was eight, and so was my neighbor. We both went to wrestling class and coach says to us, "only one of you can wrestle" so we had to fight for the spot. I wanted it more than him. I picked him up and slammed his face one the curb and punched him til the coach pulled me off. Now I have olympic gold medal. Khabib grew up same as me. He cannot be broke."

Savage.

Those Caucus boys that grew up in war torn homes have zero fucks to give by puberty.

Do people not realize that Chechens moved en masses to Dagestan when Russia and its surrogates cracked down in Chechnya?

Who knows. Adam was exact same size as his brother and fought a weight class up in order not to compete with him. I think the better one would go up don't you? Regaurdless Adam was smaller than men he wrestled so wasnt as accomplished medalwise.

putin basically committed genocide last time they tried. Someday maybe when weapons are equal.
I might be wrong but I think I've seen some conversations in teh Internet about this (genocide stuff). Like, Chechen guy said to Russian that Russian authorities commited a genocide against Chechens, and Russian guy brings in official stats and asks how can this happen that after genocide there are more Chechens (or maybe Chechens in Russia) than there were before. Can't remember how Chechen guy answered, perhaps that Chechens has a good birthrates or that Chechens from other ex-USSR countries moved into Chechnya.

Do people not realize that Chechens moved en masses to Dagestan when Russia and its surrogates cracked down in Chechnya?
Large parts of Northern Dagestan is home to Chechens since hundreds of years ago.

I might be wrong but I think I've seen some conversations in teh Internet about this (genocide stuff). Like, Chechen guy said to Russian that Russian authorities commited a genocide against Chechens, and Russian guy brings in official stats and asks how can this happen that after genocide there are more Chechens (or maybe Chechens in Russia) than there were before. Can't remember how Chechen guy answered, perhaps that Chechens has a good birthrates or that Chechens from other ex-USSR countries moved into Chechnya.
There was no genocide of Chechens in the two wars, Russia wasnt trying to exterminate Chechens. It was thanks to idiotic Russian generals that many Chechens and Russians died. There were also many Chechens that were on the Russian side in the war.

"When you are a boy, you start wrestling. I was eight, and so was my neighbor. We both went to wrestling class and coach says to us, "only one of you can wrestle" so we had to fight for the spot. I wanted it more than him. I picked him up and slammed his face one the curb and punched him til the coach pulled me off. Now I have olympic gold medal. Khabib grew up same as me. He cannot be broke."
Could you please link the whole interview or the context, i can't find it.

Back