Actual fight analysis: Conor cheating... Herb ignoring

I wouldn't attribute any malice. Herb is getting rusty AF these past 3-4 years. Used to be one of the best now too many mistakes he should retire before he becomes Cecil peoples 2.0

Honestly never been a fan of Herb Dean, and always thought he was overrated. He's "ruined" so many fights for me due to early stoppages. There are too many instances of this to count when it comes to Herb and early stoppages.

He let conor hold both feet on the cage for a good minute it was horrific lost all respect for that bum

Worst part is that he caught it right away and just... let him do it.

He feebly tries to dislodge the toes right away, fails, and then just let him do it throughout the fight.

The reffing was suspicious during that fight. Good for Khabib that he didn’t get rocked, as I wonder if he would’ve gotten the “benefit of the doubt” treatment to fight out of it

Most of the dirty stuff happened when khabib had serious momentum and at one point threatening a kimura
Hence herb let it go on longer than normal as it would have been equaly unfair to allow conor a rest

bias to the cashcow, a lot of fouls severely ignored.

I wouldn't attribute any malice. Herb is getting rusty AF these past 3-4 years. Used to be one of the best now too many mistakes he should retire before he becomes Cecil peoples 2.0
And he let him do it RIGHT AFTER HE WARNED HIM. So it's not that he wasn't aware.

This is actually the worse thing about the entire event not the aftermath

UFC shill reffing must be brought to justice

The Till/Woodley fight was shifty af as well. This is becoming a serious problem.

I enjoyed this post, a veteran in its profundity.

tenor.gif

He's always been terrible

He needs Some Alpha Brain

Quality post ts, nice breakdown.

All the buzz is about what happened after the fight. This post is about the fight.

Just wanted to point out the fouls Conor committed, which were ignored by Herb Dean (time stamps for reference) and other oddities by Herb:

- SHORTS GRABBING
allowing McG from the moment Khabib grabbed that first single leg in the middle of the cage, to getting dragged to fence, to defending guard pass along the fence). These are just the instances where the camera CAUGHT the short grabbing:
Rd 1: 4:16
Rd 1: 4:03
Rd 1: 3:58
Rd 1: 3:10 - Herb actually addresses this one

Funny part is, is that Joe Rogan and everyone says that Conor "didn't do that bad at escaping damage in Round 1"... but take a closer look, and it's only because he was clearly CHEATING THE ENTIRE TIME by grabbing the shorts!

Notice, after Herb addressed the short grabbing, Khabib sliced through McG's guard like butter and was able to start landing shots and implement his smothering game.

- NOT STOPPING FIGHT
Herb not stopping fight - as he's had in the past NUMEROUS times - when McG was getting pounded on against cage in Rd 2. You can feel that if the roles were reversed, and McG was pounding away at Khabib like that, nobody would be surprised if Herb stopped right there.

This is uncharacteristic of Herb (who if anything is known to stop fights EARLY), and follows his LATE LATE LATE stoppage on the Dolloway vs Muliev fight too

- ILLEGAL KNEE
to Khabib's face while in bottom side control. Herb actually points to Conor warn him, but this wasn't an accidental knee due to timing, this was a blatant intentional foul
Rd 2 1:36

- TOES IN FENCE
warning McG about toes in fence, but then does nothing as it's blatantly abused for the entire sequence:
Rd 2 1:31 - was warned by Herb who actually touched the toes... but then Herb did NOTHING when McG continued!
Rd 2 1:26 - 1:19
Rd 2 1:15 - 0:57 - this foul allowed McG to push off and escape the bottom!

- 12-6 ELBOWS (TO BACK OF HEAD):
Rd 2 0:39
Rd 2 0:09

- GLOVE GRABBING
allowing McG to grab gloves at end of round 3 (which pissed Khabib off)
Rd 3 0:24 - until the end of the round

Dominic points this out, Khabib complains to Herb at the 0:09 mark... and all Herb says is "keep fighting"?

The round ends, and Khabib has a few choice words for Conor and Herb.

THIS IS THE MOMENT THAT KHABIB STARTS TO RAGE, AND *DECIDES* TO FINISH McG. I'm thinking that up to this point, Khabib was content to take this to a dominant UD win... but after realizing that Conor was cheating and Herb was letting him get away with it, this is where he decided he was going to finish him. Sure enough, he did.

Between Rd 3 and 4, you can hear him complain to his corner:

"3 TIMES HE CHEAT, 3 TIMES!" [points to Conor or Herb across the cage) "YES (YOU)!"
(guessing he's now talking to Herb off camera)
"SHOULD BE 2 TIMES TAKE 1 POINT!"

So these are just fouls is just up until Round 3. In Round 4, the cheating continued:

- FENCE GRAB TO AVOID TAKEDOWN
blatant fence grab to avoid takedown (which failed, and was the start of the end... but still a foul)
Rd 4 3:18

So my points?

1) What is going on, Herb? Is this personal bias? Instruction from Dana to help Conor? Have money riding on this fight? What?!?

2) Angry Khabib is a scary, scary dude! He still had fight left in him after the neck crank finish - I think he wanted the beating to continue, but he was fed up and still upset after he had won. Danis and Khabib then talked shit to each other through the cage...

... and we all know what happened after that.

Regardless of what happened after the fight, Khabib dominated this fight. You could argue McG won Round 3, but Khabib had a 10-8 Round 2, and I think it's believable that Khabib took Round 3 off to rest and strike with Conor because of the Round 2 knockdown and he felt that Conor's power was already sapped - so he did similar to what he did with Al Iaquinta and played the standup game a bit because he felt safe, and wanted to prove a point that he has stand-up skills too.

@Myrddin Wild whats uppppp :D look at first post.

I also wasn't counting the exact numbers but the heck my man I noticed:

- shorts grab
- glove grab
- illegal knee
- fence grab
- toes in fence and he stayed with them there it was strange
- Khabib actually telling the ref WTF was happening and to take action or something

Just imagine if it was reversed what the narrative will be and how the ref and commentators will be all over that.

fM9n1Gt.gif

All the buzz is about what happened after the fight. This post is about the fight.

Just wanted to point out the fouls Conor committed, which were ignored by Herb Dean (time stamps for reference) and other oddities by Herb:

- SHORTS GRABBING
allowing McG from the moment Khabib grabbed that first single leg in the middle of the cage, to getting dragged to fence, to defending guard pass along the fence). These are just the instances where the camera CAUGHT the short grabbing:
Rd 1: 4:16
Rd 1: 4:03
Rd 1: 3:58
Rd 1: 3:10 - Herb actually addresses this one

Funny part is, is that Joe Rogan and everyone says that Conor "didn't do that bad at escaping damage in Round 1"... but take a closer look, and it's only because he was clearly CHEATING THE ENTIRE TIME by grabbing the shorts!

Notice, after Herb addressed the short grabbing, Khabib sliced through McG's guard like butter and was able to start landing shots and implement his smothering game.

- NOT STOPPING FIGHT
Herb not stopping fight - as he's had in the past NUMEROUS times - when McG was getting pounded on against cage in Rd 2. You can feel that if the roles were reversed, and McG was pounding away at Khabib like that, nobody would be surprised if Herb stopped right there.

This is uncharacteristic of Herb (who if anything is known to stop fights EARLY), and follows his LATE LATE LATE stoppage on the Dolloway vs Muliev fight too

- ILLEGAL KNEE
to Khabib's face while in bottom side control. Herb actually points to Conor warn him, but this wasn't an accidental knee due to timing, this was a blatant intentional foul
Rd 2 1:36

- TOES IN FENCE
warning McG about toes in fence, but then does nothing as it's blatantly abused for the entire sequence:
Rd 2 1:31 - was warned by Herb who actually touched the toes... but then Herb did NOTHING when McG continued!
Rd 2 1:26 - 1:19
Rd 2 1:15 - 0:57 - this foul allowed McG to push off and escape the bottom!

- 12-6 ELBOWS (TO BACK OF HEAD):
Rd 2 0:39
Rd 2 0:09

- GLOVE GRABBING
allowing McG to grab gloves at end of round 3 (which pissed Khabib off)
Rd 3 0:24 - until the end of the round

Dominic points this out, Khabib complains to Herb at the 0:09 mark... and all Herb says is "keep fighting"?

The round ends, and Khabib has a few choice words for Conor and Herb.

THIS IS THE MOMENT THAT KHABIB STARTS TO RAGE, AND *DECIDES* TO FINISH McG. I'm thinking that up to this point, Khabib was content to take this to a dominant UD win... but after realizing that Conor was cheating and Herb was letting him get away with it, this is where he decided he was going to finish him. Sure enough, he did.

Between Rd 3 and 4, you can hear him complain to his corner:

"3 TIMES HE CHEAT, 3 TIMES!" [points to Conor or Herb across the cage) "YES (YOU)!"
(guessing he's now talking to Herb off camera)
"SHOULD BE 2 TIMES TAKE 1 POINT!"

So these are just fouls is just up until Round 3. In Round 4, the cheating continued:

- FENCE GRAB TO AVOID TAKEDOWN
blatant fence grab to avoid takedown (which failed, and was the start of the end... but still a foul)
Rd 4 3:18

So my points?

1) What is going on, Herb? Is this personal bias? Instruction from Dana to help Conor? Have money riding on this fight? What?!?

2) Angry Khabib is a scary, scary dude! He still had fight left in him after the neck crank finish - I think he wanted the beating to continue, but he was fed up and still upset after he had won. Danis and Khabib then talked shit to each other through the cage...

... and we all know what happened after that.

Regardless of what happened after the fight, Khabib dominated this fight. You could argue McG won Round 3, but Khabib had a 10-8 Round 2, and I think it's believable that Khabib took Round 3 off to rest and strike with Conor because of the Round 2 knockdown and he felt that Conor's power was already sapped - so he did similar to what he did with Al Iaquinta and played the standup game a bit because he felt safe, and wanted to prove a point that he has stand-up skills too.

Quality break down. Thanks

It's corruption. Now his previous work will fall into the same class. Herb Dean will be fired and face prosecution, it could drag Dana too because he has a vested interest in seeing certain fighters win. This is the beginning to a giant sit storm coming for UFC. Fuck herb dean he has a face that should know better. Apparently not.

herb did let conor cheat. and conor was very sly about doing things when herb wasn't paying attention.

I will commend Herb for letting khabib work on the ground to gas conor out. despite the booing irish crowd.

Not pointing Connor like he was Jon Jones in there. Even my wife commented on the glove grab on the rewatch Sunday morning.

It was blatant. It actually made me admire Khabib even more, seeing how he was dominating even in those circumstances. We all know that with fair rules and no corruption Khabib would've won by kimura on Round 2.

There were threads and comments we made prior to the fight. Herb is bought and paid for and any grey areas would not go in Khabib's favor. the fight and reffing played out exactly as we were discussing. There is a reason why Dana shills herb as the best in the business. As someone said above, he's best for business actually.

Back