Actresses

HHJ

Herbs to Curbs
@plutonium
Reaction score
Its really easy to pick favorite actors,but actresses I have to really think about.And this is not because women are inferior to men,but they don't get the cool roles that men get as often. Im sure we will get a lot of Meryl Streep so give me some others.

Ill name two that really go above and beyond on the emotional spectrum.

Isabelle Adjani in Possession

MV5BNTQzMzU5Y2UtMjdkMi00NDNlLWFkMDctNDZlODc1ZWM5YzA5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjcyMjc4MTY@._V1_.jpg

Ellen Burstyn in the Exorcist (as well as Requiem For a Dream)

exorcist.jpg

Cersei-Lannister-on-the-Iron-Throne.jpg

Really grown to love Lena Headey as an actress especially due to GOT. Her delivery of her dialogue is so rich and expressive she steals every scene she is in. I look forward to her future projects from here on out.

Last edited:
Cersei-Lannister-on-the-Iron-Throne.jpg

Really grown to love Lena Headey as an actress especially due to GOT. Her delivery of her dialogue is so rich an expressive she steals every scene she is in. I look forward to her future projects from here on out.
She really has a commanding regal presence.I don't know how she does it but she does it.

Frances McDormand has been excellent for 30+ years now.

Ms Burstyn and Ms McDormand are both excellent. I think Jennifer Carpenter is fantastic as well. She just needs roles. No idea what she's doing now. She was great in Dexter and Exorcism of Emily Rose.

Sarah Michelle Gellar displayed a wonderful array of acting in the Buffy series. Its a shame she never landed some good roles after because it was clear she was capable of alot.

Last edited:
One of the first people I think about is Marion Cottilard for some reason. Not my favorite but I can recall her off the top of my head easily.

Sarah Michelle Gellar displayed a wonderful array of acting in the Buffy Series. Its a shame she never landed some good roles after because it was clear she was capable of alot.

I thought she was great too.

Its definitely true I'd agree that actresses seem to struggle to get consistently excellent roles relative to actors. Perhaps less so outside the US though? one obvious one that comes to mind for me is Juliette Binoche, not everthing she's in has been great of course but she's been in quality films pretty regularly for 30+ years now, not falling back to "elder stateswoman" kind of roles much either

image-w1280.jpg

Jodie Foster -Siilence of the Lambs. Taxi Driver and The Accused
jodiefoster_l.jpg

Sandra Bullock- The Blinde Side, Gravity, and Speed
sandy.jpg

Back