Acne and mma career..

I struggled with real bad back acne until 23. Nothing in the face or other places. Then one day I read that silicone in shampoo and body gel could be the reason. So I stopped completely putting soap and shampoo on the body itself. 90 % of the problem disappeared . Sounds like a miracle and it really was. Later my wife rubbed my back with some lady oils and that made the last shit disappear as well.

I can`t try accutane god damn it, it's not even manufactured anymore and it would destroy my sport performance as it eats the liver out and makes the skin super-sensitive to injury. I need other options

Hi guys, my name is Ruslan and I am from Ukraine.

I am 20 of age and I have practiced kick-boxing, muay-thai and some other full contact sports since I was 15.

I want to join mma and start full training, I believe I can do really good stuff in mma.

The problem is, I have terrible back acne (cystic) and sometimes face acne too. I follow the acne diet (no diary, sweets, lots of vegetables, water, etc.) but still nothing changes. I am like this since 14. I also apply different acne topicals on my back and face but when I sweat a lot or stress, cysts seem to pop-up and it really makes me angry. I do not want to try accutane and will never do because of sides and I had a friend who destroyed his health from accutane, so that is out of discussion. Sometimes I take antibiotics, but the effect lasts as long as I take them. I wash daily, change sheets, I am very careful with personal acne related hygiene.

I really want to know your advice, is there anyone here dealing with bad acne that also fights in the cage ? What should I do ? I love this sport so much and I believe it's exactly what I am made for, but my acne annoys me, I dont know how I would appear like this to public events.

Related question, I saw mcgregor early days his face was full of acne. How did he clean up ? is there any permanent treatment for pores that he used or his acne was just something temporary ?

Please dont start trolling or whatever, I want serious answers.

Thanks a lot,
Ruslan
Go to the doctor and ask for a dermatologist appointment

I can`t try accutane god damn it, it's not even manufactured anymore and it would destroy my sport performance as it eats the liver out and makes the skin super-sensitive to injury. I need other options

Get sun. Lots of it. Take ur shirt off for the day when it's sunny and hot, you'll be surprised how quickly it disappears.

Back