Acne and mma career..

I'm sure you're frustrated. Maybe stressed too? That could be a factor. Try to eat and sleep well, and focus on your training rather than your acne. It will go away with time.

Of course I am frustrated. I am like this since 14 and it's still as bad as then

Get on accutane (isotretinoin). I am on it right now. bunch of negative side effects, but they will eventually go away.

just do regular blood and liver tests and you should be fine.

Last edited:
Of course I am frustrated. I am like this since 14 and it's still as bad as then

1. Go seek out the best dermatologist in your country or in Europe.

2. Make an appointment.

3. Do whatever they recommend.

4. Post results here.

5. Good luck and keep training.

Hi guys, my name is Ruslan and I am from Ukraine.

I am 20 of age and I have practiced kick-boxing, muay-thai and some other full contact sports since I was 15.

I want to join mma and start full training, I believe I can do really good stuff in mma.

The problem is, I have terrible back acne (cystic) and sometimes face acne too. I follow the acne diet (no diary, sweets, lots of vegetables, water, etc.) but still nothing changes. I am like this since 14. I also apply different acne topicals on my back and face but when I sweat a lot or stress, cysts seem to pop-up and it really makes me angry. I do not want to try accutane and will never do because of sides and I had a friend who destroyed his health from accutane, so that is out of discussion. Sometimes I take antibiotics, but the effect lasts as long as I take them. I wash daily, change sheets, I am very careful with personal acne related hygiene.

I really want to know your advice, is there anyone here dealing with bad acne that also fights in the cage ? What should I do ? I love this sport so much and I believe it's exactly what I am made for, but my acne annoys me, I dont know how I would appear like this to public events.

Related question, I saw mcgregor early days his face was full of acne. How did he clean up ? is there any permanent treatment for pores that he used or his acne was just something temporary ?

Please dont start trolling or whatever, I want serious answers.

Thanks a lot,
Ruslan

For sure Accutane. A lot of potential side effects but the majority of people only experience the dry lips and skin. If the cystic acne is that bad it will be worth it to you. Cheers.

Some people find growing a beard (like McGregor) helps with acne problems. The idea behind that is that the growing shaft of hair will help keep the neighboring oil duct clear of blockage. But they still need to clean their skin/beard well every day otherwise it might also cause more acne.

You could try changing your diet. Adjust your macro (more/less protein or fat) or eat more vegetarian meals.

Roaccutane made an incredible job but it's a heavy and long treatment I think it's was like 9 month or something.

Antibiotics don't do sh1t, only works while you take them.

Avoid yogurt, if your body lacks zinc or metal, yogurt can have the side effect of making acne, and avoid chocolate like it's a poison. If I avoid those two type of food, I'm fine

Accutane is russian rulette, 50% get healed and the other 50% get fucked up for life, I saw even cases of impotence, suicide etc. all over the net. So. Fuck that.

How long have u been taking it ?

My acne seems somewhat a little less that Donald's and if he can fight.. I guess I'd take that step too... but I was curious if anyone here found a solution for acne besides accutane

There's is an antibiotic called apo sulfatrim. I took this from the doctor when I had terrible acne on my back a few years ago. It works better than accutane and has literally no side effects. I suggest you ask your doctor about this. Apo sulfatrim.

What is your weight and how much do you cut? It might be depleting your health.

I am 70 kg. I don't know what you mean with how much do I cut, I think I must loose 5kg to be in proper weight class for my height.

I was on a heavy dose of accutane and the only sides was dry mouth/lips. Just do it.

Dude I don't know, many reported impotence and fucked up brain (depression) for life. Why would I risk this honestly ? how long have u been on it ? they even stopped producing it cause of sides.

Dude I don't know, many reported impotence and fucked up brain (depression) for life. Why would I risk this honestly ? how long have u been on it ? they even stopped producing it cause of sides.

severe depression is like 1 out of 100000 people and if you have any bad sideffects, just see your doctor. It's not like one day to the next you're crippled. Just take the stuff responsibly and reflect on what is happening with your body. ask for a small dose (10mg or 20mg) to start if you're concerned.

I only have dry lips and face as well and I'm in middle of it.

23 and still battling acne strong. I had incredibly severe acne from 14-18, accutane helped a lot for a while. Still get some pretty bad breakouts now though.

It absolutely fucking sucks, I feel for you.

Go full vegan for about 2-3 weeks and buy a vitamin B5 pills.

See how that works out.

I just asked my friend (a Pharmacist) and she said Tretinoin or Differin are your best bet.

Other than that it may just be waiting til your hormone's die down a bit.

Thank you guys so much for all your advices, I`ve noted everything and will try most of them.. don't wanna try use accutane yet, too fkin risky. I ll give my best in mma.

Cheers up !

Stand and bang my friend. May you have the heart of a lion and the chin of a bull!

Minocycline works like a charm, no side effects. Only problem is that as you said, it only works as long as you take it.

Tried accutane once; horrible itching, dry eyes, chest and bacne even got worse. Wounds hardly recover because your skin peels so quick. Its like chemo so toxic.

Do as i did; take minocycline for years (never had bad bloodwork). Sadly this shit lasts forever. Horrible to deal with.

Second argument against accutane; how on earth can you spar when your skin is paper thin? I have around 4-5 black eyes per year. I dont even want to imagine how long they would take to recover on accutane. Plus if you bruise easier on the outside, will you not bruise easier on the inside? bloody noses > brain bleeding?Not worth the risk.

Allin all, godspeed kiddo. Dont care about what people think and have fun out there. It will go away.

don't let it bother you too much, if you put on a good performance people will notice that more than the acne

Back