According to Teddy Atlas's philosophy Conor has never WON a fight.

Teddy is just salty Tyson didn't include him in the red panty nights

Teddy only worked with Tyson very briefly when he was still a kid. Rooney was the real genius in Tyson's corner before and after Cus died. Virtually everything elite about Tyson's performance in the ring diminished as soon as Rooney walked.

conors resistance to fighting worthy opponents was real.
never seen such a scripted rise to the top.
shameful
Absolutely. He got to dodge Frankie, not give Aldo a rematch, only fight Chad on 12 days notice, and fought the worst LW champion in modern history for his 55 belt. He showed up and performed whenever he was supposed to and finished everyone, but he certainly got the path of least resistance. And for that we will never knkw how good Conor truly was. He has 2 of the most outstanding title fight wins in history, but it's easy to not feel the pressure when you have nothing to lose. He never had to fight a hungry #1 contender his whole life. Khabib showed us that conor is most likely a 5-8 ranked LW skill wise

he looked good at 145, but im guessing the iv looked good at 145 too...lol
scripted.

How can you guys put Mendes fight in there? The guy took the fight with no training camp, was gas'd in the first round and still managed to put a beating on Conor before he totally ran out of gas.

Teddy Atlas is just trying to be a constipated thoughtful edgy analyst like every wanky combat sports analyst.

Nonsense. Conor just has a very early breaking point compared to most fighters. Tyson too. Pettis too. I could go on and on but almost everyone has a breaking point some sooner some later and maybe 1% would die in there before quitting (think Diaz bros which is why we love them despite shitty records and out of octagon whine). That doesnt mean you wernt in a fight.

Last edited:
Against smaller guys. Against opponents his size, he is average.

He is definitely NOT average against guys his size.
Remember Conor has a long body, someone of similar body mass may not have his longbone length, so that's an advantage of his...take someone like Lawler or Woodley with the same reach and it's no longer at parity cause of their body mass.
Conor McGregor's inherent advantages can't be taken away from him when considering fights at parity.

He is definitely NOT average against guys his size.
Remember Conor has a long body, someone of similar body mass may not have his longbone length, so that's an advantage of his...take someone like Lawler or Woodley with the same reach and it's no longer at parity cause of their body mass.
Conor McGregor's inherent advantages can't be taken away from him when considering fights at parity.

Whatever helps you sleep at night. I live in reality.

I remember a few week ago Teddy Atlas was on Rogan's podcast and was talking about Mike Tyson and Tyson's record according to him is 0-5. He said this because to him "A fight is not a fight until there is resistance, something to overcome, otherwise its just an athletic venture, its an exhibition". Tysons physical ability and talent was so superior that the other stuff (heart, etc) never got tested.

To me, this is similar to Conor. In every fight he won, he pretty much dominated where the fight went and never had to face real adversity. But when someone put pushed back(Nate Diaz) and put pressure on him he crumbled. Same thing vs Khabib.
"Great fighters when the fight came to them, they found a way, to do what they had to do. He found a way to disappear(Tyson)"

Teddy Atlas is a fucking retard though, so there's that.

That guy has been a dumbass to me since the first time I saw him on a boxing broadcast.

Teddy sure has a big mouth for a guy that was NOT actually a pro fighter himself, and most of his top talent dumped him. He is not some legendary trainer like Cus was or Dundee or Steward. He is basically known for being Tyson's trainer when he was very young, and having a big mouth. Some for his commentary. A guy who never fought as a pro should not go on and on about fighters heart. Do you have heart in the ring? Where is the footage?

Your terse reply just let's me know you've not about it as thoroughly as you could.

My pithy reply reflects that it is a straightforward easy conclusion to draw; he has mediocre results when not fighting smaller men. I can observe the outcomes of the fights and draw conclusions without doing mental gymnastics.

Conor is 2-2 when it comes to facing adversity. Lost to Khabib and Diaz, beat Mendes and Diaz. Khabib is 0-0.

I wouldn't call the Mendes fight one because Chad took the fight on two weeks notice. But I will give Conor the Nate 2 fight even though he wanted to just score points to win cause he knew he couldn't get Diaz out of there.

You're right. Chad didn't have enough time to finish his cycle.

My pithy reply reflects that it is a straightforward easy conclusion to draw; he has mediocre results when not fighting smaller men. I can observe the outcomes of the fights and draw conclusions without doing mental gymnastics.

Lol @ calling my comment mental gymnastics.

I wanted you to go more in depth to what makes a fighter "bigger" or "smaller". So far Diaz, Khabib were bigger in body mass, arguably Alvarez though he's shrunk. But all you've done is fall back on your common sense and accusing me of playing apologetics for Conor.

Conor is a front runner who made his name fighting midgets and since moving up has lost 2 of his last 4, tapping twice and barely eking a W over Diaz. Not counting Floyd.

He doesn't have that championship heart and coincidentally has never even attempted to defend a belt.

WWE awaits.

Lol @ calling my comment mental gymnastics.

I wanted you to go more in depth to what makes a fighter "bigger" or "smaller". So far Diaz, Khabib were bigger in body mass, arguably Alvarez though he's shrunk.

It doesn't require more depth. Diaz and Khabib are bigger, as you have correctly stated. I'll give him Alvarez too since it would help Conor's case. He is 2-2 against equally sized or large fighters. 2-2 is mediocre/average.

It doesn't require more depth. Diaz and Khabib are bigger, as you have correctly stated. I'll give him Alvarez too since it would help Conor's case. He is 2-2 against equally sized or large fighters. 2-2 is mediocre/average.

This strict standard, of course, is used to zoom into Conor's resume to find some weakness of his. In the same way that you say Khabib and Alvarez are slightly bigger you could say Holloway is only slightly smaller.

If Conor really did "bulk" a few lbs since early 2016 he wouldnt have been much heavier than Holloway.
Also Jose Aldo is on record saying he walks around at 170 as well. Why not add in Poirier as well who is the same height with only slightly smaller reach and mass!?

This 2-2 "real record" crap is overblown.
Add in Holloway, add Poirier, add Aldo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back