According to Teddy Atlas's philosophy Conor has never WON a fight.

ThiefofSouls

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I remember a few week ago Teddy Atlas was on Rogan's podcast and was talking about Mike Tyson and Tyson's record according to him is 0-5. He said this because to him "A fight is not a fight until there is resistance, something to overcome, otherwise its just an athletic venture, its an exhibition". Tysons physical ability and talent was so superior that the other stuff (heart, etc) never got tested.

To me, this is similar to Conor. In every fight he won, he pretty much dominated where the fight went and never had to face real adversity. But when someone put pushed back(Nate Diaz) and put pressure on him he crumbled. Same thing vs Khabib.
"Great fighters when the fight came to them, they found a way, to do what they had to do. He found a way to disappear(Tyson)"

Conor won the second fight with Nate despite some serious resistance in the 3rd round.

So what is Conor? 0-2 or 1-2?

Edit: 1-4 or 2-3 might be more accurate.

I love teddy but he loves shitting on his own fighters. He's also getting senile.

Still fucking brilliantly crazy tho

Last edited:
Sounds like a very poor attempt to sound insightful. When you engage in physical altercation with another person and remove their ability to continue then you’ve won a fight regardless of how easy or challenging it was.

It's the opposite. All of Conor's fights against smaller guys count, and none of his fights against equally sized or larger guys count. Haven't you heard?

I wouldn't call the Mendes fight one because Chad took the fight on two weeks notice. But I will give Conor the Nate 2 fight even though he wanted to just score points to win cause he knew he couldn't get Diaz out of there.

This guy sounds like Tyson fucked him and never text back. He needs to get over it.

conors resistance to fighting worthy opponents was real.
never seen such a scripted rise to the top.
shameful

Teddy is just salty Tyson didn't include him in the red panty nights

So Jones only has one actual win on his record... Wow... Please don't break the news to him when he's high on coke. I don't want anyone getting hurt.

This has confirmation bias written all over it.

Maybe Conor is just so good or at least so physically imposing that his opponents can't beat him to the punch.

According to Teddy's philosophy Conor has won at least one fight:

This thread is terrible.

I remember a few week ago Teddy Atlas was on Rogan's podcast and was talking about Mike Tyson and Tyson's record according to him is 0-5. He said this because to him "A fight is not a fight until there is resistance, something to overcome, otherwise its just an athletic venture, its an exhibition". Tysons physical ability and talent was so superior that the other stuff (heart, etc) never got tested.

To me, this is similar to Conor. In every fight he won, he pretty much dominated where the fight went and never had to face real adversity. But when someone put pushed back(Nate Diaz) and put pressure on him he crumbled. Same thing vs Khabib.
"Great fighters when the fight came to them, they found a way, to do what they had to do. He found a way to disappear(Tyson)"

Hmm this applies to Khabib more so

Never losing. a round is the chant

This has confirmation bias written all over it.

Maybe Conor is just so good or at least so physically imposing that his opponents can't beat him to the punch.

Against smaller guys. Against opponents his size, he is average.

Back