According to Queen B ( sherdog boxing financial expert) PBC fold is like UFC folding?

It will be like 2006, dark ages pre-Mayweather/DLH

You will get 1-2 PPVs a year, non drawing above 600k buys, and some decent fights that will draw 500k HBO views. No mainstream coverage. It will be a niche sport.

I think Deontay Wilder is the only true American that can replace Floyd in popularity.

Of course this can all be changed if more people tune in to PBC this year. However I dont know if it will be enough to justify PBC getting more investors.

PBC is playing "all or nothing" this year.

That's ok. The UFC's biggest show is doing 700k at best.

http://origin.forums.sherdog.com/threads/ufc-200-is-in-july.3106691/

I am imagining this in my head right now.
UFC has a network deal with Fox, and are now shopping for bigger network deals.

PBC has network deals with Fox, FS1, NBC, NBCS, CBS, ESPN, and Bounce. But they are the only boxing org to do so.

Unless HBO or Showtime (non PBC) pay up for network events, we wont see boxing on broadcast or cable TV like the UFC does.

Yea the UFC is pretty consistent on getting low ppvs.
Out of their last 23 ppvs, 16 have done 375k or less.
9 have done less than 300k.

UFC has a network deal with Fox, and are now shopping for bigger network deals.

PBC has network deals with Fox, FS1, NBC, NBCS, CBS, ESPN, and Bounce. But they are the only boxing org to do so.

Unless HBO or Showtime (non PBC) pay up for network events, we wont see boxing on broadcast or cable TV like the UFC does.

How are time buys considered network deals?

How are time buys considered network deals?
I think primetime events are time buys, but PBC signed 2 year deal with NBC. Mostly either NBCSN or afternoon shows.

For example, PBC signed a network deal with Fox to air PBC events on FS1 on Tuesdays, but they ordered 3 Fox primetime shows for 2016 in addition

The more likely scenario is this if PBC folds.

A certain golden boy will renegotiate prime time tv deals .

We will have 1-2 mega superstars and negative people will say if it wasn't for them boxing will die.

The ignorant will compare 2 different business models and claim that if boxing followed that poor mans wwe business model than boxing would be huge in the US.

Everyone in America knows what boxing is , not everyone will watch .

In about 3 years we will have a mega star which casuals will watch religiously.

Faster if Caneko can miraculously ko GGG

Or Wilder beats another beast .

Lots of prospects fighting for the Mayweather void and soon to be Pacquiao

The more likely scenario is this if PBC folds.

A certain golden boy will renegotiate prime time tv deals .

We will have 1-2 mega superstars and negative people will say if it wasn't for them boxing will die.

The ignorant will compare 2 different business models and claim that if boxing followed that poor mans wwe business model than boxing would be huge in the US.

Everyone in America knows what boxing is , not everyone will watch .

In about 3 years we will have a mega star which casuals will watch religiously.

Faster if Caneko can miraculously ko GGG

Or Wilder beats another beast .

Lots of prospects fighting for the Mayweather void and soon to be Pacquiao

I'm not so certain I see anyone right now with the mega star potential who can consistently remain on top. Joshua might stand out, and Canelo if he can hold off GGG or anyone else. Canelo can be a star without having that dominant factor though so long as he doesn't lose too much. GGG will need strong matching opponents. I think it might be best to expect mega fights and PPV buys in the 400-600k range than one consistent star.

The Garcia/Ghost card on NBC was a nice breaker, but it all needs consistency to keep it going. Each card needs to build a wave for the next one. Give casuals plot points and character development between fights and most importantly let them familiarize themselves with the fighters and let people know who they are. Thurman is a good base for this on account of being different, but very little time has been spent focusing on his personality.

I'm not so certain I see anyone right now with the mega star potential who can consistently remain on top. Joshua might stand out, and Canelo if he can hold off GGG or anyone else. Canelo can be a star without having that dominant factor though so long as he doesn't lose too much. GGG will need strong matching opponents. I think it might be best to expect mega fights and PPV buys in the 400-600k range than one consistent star.

The Garcia/Ghost card on NBC was a nice breaker, but it all needs consistency to keep it going. Each card needs to build a wave for the next one. Give casuals plot points and character development between fights and most importantly let them familiarize themselves with the fighters and let people know who they are. Thurman is a good base for this on account of being different, but very little time has been spent focusing on his personality.
Those are good counterpoints in a scientific bubble it makes a lot sense . And could happen

But data has shown for the most part a mega star is born , human nature craves it and will fabricate it

Told all of you boxing wouldn't do well on Free Network TV. Haymon did a bunch of time buys and he's now trying to adjust most of them due to perceived losses.

Imagine what would happen if your big Ppv draw who you call the greatest fighter in the world loses to someone from a boxing background and then refuses to answer any questions about it in an interview. I hope Dana didn't piss his pants too bad.

Told all of you boxing wouldn't do well on Free Network TV. Haymon did a bunch of time buys and he's now trying to adjust most of them due to perceived losses.
It's perspective and expectations for the most part it did really good

Imagine what would happen if your big Ppv draw who you call the greatest fighter in the world loses to someone from a boxing background and then refuses to answer any questions about it in an interview. I hope Dana didn't piss his pants too bad.
What happens? She gets more movie deals, hosts SNL, goes to Ellen, and gets a Superbowl commercial.

I have yet to see any other combat athlete achieve that much fame in 1 year

Haymon lost money because he bought D level slots like Tuesday FS1 yet over payed his fighters to be on them

She went on Ellen, lol, I knew your iq was in double digits, but you're making it easier to get an accurate calculation.

She sure showed Stephanie McMahon though.

I'm impressed how committed Queen B is to pissing people off in whatever forum he posts in.

Back