According to Dana White UFC 217 did "well over 1 million PPV buys".

ThatGuy7698

In USADA We Trust
@Brown
Reaction score
Here's a flashback to when Joe Rogan said UFC 217 wasn't selling well:

<6>

Can we really trust uncle clown shoes word on this?

Just goes to show u some people don't know shit... I made a thread saying it would do over 1 mill 90% of the responses said I was crazy, it wouldn't break 500,000, no one knew who GSP was anymore every1 just likes Connor n Ronda, etc. it was pathetic GSP is a superstar always was

It really had that big fight, electric feel to it. Only other time the UFC has come close to that this year was for the Jones/Cormier fight. Rest of the time there has been a real lack of buzz for cards. Hopefully this will be the beginning of the turnaround and onto better things in 2018.

Can we really trust uncle clown shoes word on this?
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it did.

But you're right, we can never trust the shit that comes out of Dana White's mouth.

Just goes to show u some people don't know shit... I made a thread saying it would do over 1 mill 90% of the responses said I was crazy, it wouldn't break 500,000, no one knew who GSP was anymore every1 just likes Connor n Ronda, etc. it was pathetic GSP is a superstar always was
Truly pathetic. GSP has always been the PPV king until Conor came about. And even with 4 years off, you could tell this was a big thing

TS, you're a fucking idiot. Joe said the seats weren't selling well, its not like they had fucking ppv preorders a week away.

We'll never know the real numbers, just Meltzer's best guess after he talks to his cable repairman. But it probably did well. GSP packs in those Canadian PPV's. Plus it picked up a lot of hype in the final days. Even on here, no one seemed excited then suddenly fight week showed up and everyone was pumped.

pmtWstX.gif

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it did.

But you're right, we can never trust the shit that comes out of Dana White's mouth.
I just feel like he wants big success from events where conor isn't involved. To set a precedent for negotiations when conor says stuff like "I wanna be made a partner"

I would bet that it didn't start trending well until right before the event and then it sold like hot cakes.

I had little interest in the event. I was angry that the UFC was screwing the MW division. Then I paid attention to the other fights on the card. Cody vs TJ? Rose vs JJ? Thompson vs Masvidal?

Are you kidding me?

Then I saw GSP doing the stardowns and it dawned on me. Holy shit. Gsp is back!. It felt surreal.

I would bet that it didn't start trending well until right before the event and then it sold like hot cakes.

I had little interest in the event. I was angry that the UFC was screwing the MW division. Then I paid attention to the other fights on the card. Cody vs TJ? Rose vs JJ? Thompson vs Masvidal?

Are you kidding me?

Then I saw GSP doing the stardowns and it dawned on me. Holy shit. Gsp is back!. It felt surreal.

no one asked for your life story bro

I can't remember a better card. TJ and Cody had a great fight. Rose with the huge upset. EvenCosta looked like a beast against Hendricks. Wonderboy was less boring.

GSP and Bisping brought it home with an exciting fight and a perfect example of the respect that belongs in the sport.

How can anybody not be entertained? This was the best card of the year.

I can't remember a better card. TJ and Cody had a great fight. Rose with the huge upset. EvenCosta looked like a beast against Hendricks. Wonderboy was less boring.

GSP and Bisping brought it home with an exciting fight and a perfect example of the respect that belongs in the sport.

How can anybody not be entertained? This was the best card of the year.
This was the best card of the year SO FAR.

We know what UFC 218 is bringing, I don't see that beating UFC 217.

UFC 219 on the other hand, that card is still shaping up, and depending on what the Main Event is, that could beat UFC 217.

TS, you're a fucking idiot. Joe said the seats weren't selling well, its not like they had fucking ppv preorders a week away.

He was making it sound like it was going to be a major failure and UFC was in a bad spot he was wrong it was a major lucrative success just like I said it would be u know nothing and have no sources where's ur sources who do u get information from? Exactly u have no inside access so shut the fuck up

This was the best card of the year SO FAR.

We know what UFC 218 is bringing, I don't see that beating UFC 217.

UFC 219 on the other hand, that card is still shaping up, and depending on what the Main Event is, that could beat UFC 217.

If they would just dump the Torres waters on fight and replaced it with something decent it would be a contender for 217 UFC 218 has fucking Francis Ngannou vs alistair overeem that's going to be a fucking inferno in the octagon true undertaker vs Kane type shit

He was making it sound like it was going to be a major failure and UFC was in a bad spot he was wrong it was a major lucrative success just like I said it would be u know nothing and have no sources where's ur sources who do u get information from? Exactly u have no inside access so shut the fuck up

you're just a fucking retard without any sort of comprehension ability. >u have no sources

my source is that if you fucking listen to him speak he's clearly speaking about ticket sales rather than PPV numbers. If you have even half of a brain you can tell. Your entire post was made on a false premise.

Dana White said "well over a million buys", so it probably did between 800k-900k buys.

Back