Accept first job you're offered?

Hulkamaniac11

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I had enough of my internship since It wasn't going to lead to a full time job. I been looking for work for a little under a month but have not had much good news back. My goal was to move to the metro an hour where I'm from; but havent heard back aside from setting up a phone interview. Meanwhile a friend of mine hooked me up with a bank interview in town. Interview went good, got offered the job. I dont wanna work in loans but I have no other offers on the table. Whats your guys experience job hunting and accepting offers?

Take the job if your situation calls for it.

I would take the job and see how it pans out, you might like it. Perhaps it's worth doing something you don't love if there is room to grow later

Take the job, you can quit in the first week if you get a better offer elsewhere.
It would really suck for the bank but this is the working world where EVERYONE is only looking out for their own best interests so nobody would hold it against you.

Take the job, you can quit in the first week if you get a better offer elsewhere.
It would really suck for the bank but this is the working world where EVERYONE is only looking out for their own best interests so nobody would hold it against you.

That's a point I never really think of. I guess u gotta be a little selfish on this stuff. I got hooked up with the job from a friend, so I dont wanna have it look bad on him.
I really don't know shit about banking, but I guess after traing it might not be bad

Take the job. If it is entry level they will be looking to see how you go. Work hard and you can be quickly prompted.

I had enough of my internship since It wasn't going to lead to a full time job. I been looking for work for a little under a month but have not had much good news back. My goal was to move to the metro an hour where I'm from; but havent heard back aside from setting up a phone interview. Meanwhile a friend of mine hooked me up with a bank interview in town. Interview went good, got offered the job. I dont wanna work in loans but I have no other offers on the table. Whats your guys experience job hunting and accepting offers?
Take the job. I mean, if you haven't had much success elsewhere, beggars can't be choosers.

Take the job. Experience usually trumps anything else when looking for future employment

Take the job. You can always find another if you don't like it, but a banker's life isn't too shabby.

Take it. You can always find another job if you don't like it. Make money.

I guess the main reason I didnt want to accept right away was I wanted to move from smaller city to the bigger one where I know more people. I feel like one of the few people that stayed in town

I was at a job for 14 years. It started off great but soured the last 5 years or so due to reasons I've posted about here ad nauseum. I went on my first interview and got offered the job. I took it. That's how bad my job was. I didn't even have to think about it. Luckily, it turned out to be a great job. It all depends on how shitty your current job is.

Ive switched jobs four times in my life. The first time was the scariest, a real chicken and the egg when it comes to landing a first good job. U need a past good job before u can get a future good job. Really connections is the key in everything, I went to college and got a bullshit criminal justice degree. Ended up in insurance. Good luck

I left for an interview on the second day at my new job.

Take the job and play game of thrones. Well, jobs.

Take the job. Experience usually trumps anything else when looking for future employment

Not only this, but most employers prefer to hire people who already have a job rather than hiring people who are unemployed.

Back