ACB signs Augosto Mendes and Reza Madadi

appears he was on last fight of his contract and then failed a drug test and his fight on the AC card in April was scrapped.

So UFC probably just cut him.

Last ie remember of Madadi, he was dancing in the intro. Did not know he was cut.

Last ie remember of Madadi, he was dancing in the intro. Did not know he was cut.

He was retired for a while but returned now because ACB is planning a Event in Sweden this year.

For ACB fans, what's your opinion on Petr Yan?
The ACB bantamweight champion who's making his UFC debut next Saturday.

Last edited:
For ACB fans, what's your opinion on
Petr Yan? The ACB bantamweight champion who's making his UFC debut next Saturday.
I am high on him, give him time to work his way up. But in a few years, I think he will be somewhere near the top 10. Could even be champion. Only 24. He needs to tighten up on defense a bit, and possibly defensive wrestling/grappling. But other than that, I am sold.

Lol, Mendes has no shame. Get caught for PED use, sign with ACB and probably gets a fight reasonably soon.

Sick satchel by Madadi there. Nice signings by ACB.

Last edited:
Lol, Mendes has no shame. Get caught for PED use, sign with ACB and probably gets a fight reasonably soon.
He has already had 7 fights in ACB JJ so i think that was one of the reasons he signed with ACB MMA.

I am high on him, give him time to work his way up. But in a few years, I think he will be somewhere near the top 10. Could even be champion. Only 24. He needs to tighten up on defense a bit, and possibly defensive wrestling/grappling. But other than that, I am sold.
Cool I'll keep an eye on him then. It's good cause I needed some extra reasons to get excited about the Singapore card.

For ACB fans, what's your opinion on Petr Yan?
The ACB bantamweight champion who's making his UFC debut next Saturday.
Their new champ, Kerimov, is imo a better fighter than Yan.

Yan will destroy Yashabo though.

He has already had 7 fights in ACB JJ so i think that was one of the reasons he signed with ACB MMA.
No doubt, but BJJ doesn't really have a good track record for testing athletes for PEDs lol. So basically, you can abuse it without getting caught. Unless it has changed.. and I am wrong. But as far as I know, BJJ doesn't test for PEDs.

For some bizarre reason, I always thought Mendes was in his early 20s, not 35.

No doubt, but BJJ doesn't really have a good track record for testing athletes for PEDs lol. So basically, you can abuse it without getting caught. Unless it has changed.. and I am wrong. But as far as I know, BJJ doesn't test for PEDs.
I think they do test, but are pretty lax about it. Although maybe only the big competitions are the ones testing.

Did UFC cut Mendes? If so, that's really lame.

hes suspended by usada.

be interesting to see what happens here. ACB have instigated their own new anti doping policy so im really not sure how it works that they are trying to be anti doping while signing someone under usada suspension

Back