ACB 91 Strus vs Duraev / London, England

Marat Balaev returns vs Murad Machaev at ACB 93 in Krasnodar (Tumenov vs Berkhamov)

I hope ACB change it's name.

And what do you recommend? I think ACB needs to change what it stands for (people don't know what Berkut means) and not the initials. Most importantly ACB needs broadcast partners. Right now they are just burning money. They should partner up with investors who have media pull.

According to Baysangur Edelbiev (Guy responsible for ACB in Poland) this event will be a PPV btw. they are working on it.

*Insert joke about stream here*

Yeah i agree, they have a upcoming card in Cyprus which consists 90% of Russian/Caucasians, if it had been in Russia then they would have sold out the arena. Its such a dumb decision to have events in Cyprus, Italy etc where nobody knows about ACB. Cyprus was Mir and Laceys idea, maybe they know something we dont.

I think this is just a side-effect of them not having to care about money at all.

Mairbek and his friends is clearly bank-rolling ACB no matter what. They can afford to go to such esoteric locations because they aren't losing anything anyways.

Marat Balaev returns vs Murad Machaev at ACB 93 in Krasnodar (Tumenov vs Berkhamov)

Wasn't Marat supposed to retire? Another classical MMA-retirement in that case.

Machaev is one of those guys I constantly underestimate. So I suppose I'll keep underestimating him to a unanimous decision victory.

*Insert joke about stream here*

I think this is just a side-effect of them not having to care about money at all.

Mairbek and his friends is clearly bank-rolling ACB no matter what. They can afford to go to such esoteric locations because they aren't losing anything anyways.

Wasn't Marat supposed to retire? Another classical MMA-retirement in that case.

Machaev is one of those guys I constantly underestimate. So I suppose I'll keep underestimating him to a unanimous decision victory.

Btw ACB is working on a event in Malmö, if it goes well then the main event will be Reza Madadi vs Yusuf Raisov. Hope it works out, they have tried to have events in Sweden two times and failed.

Btw ACB is working on a event in Malmö

Yeah, on August the 25th was it?

Hope it works out, they have tried to have events in Sweden two times and failed.

Yeah let's hope they remember to rent a venue in time on this occasion!:D

if it goes well then the main event will be Reza Madadi vs Yusuf Raisov

Seems like a very winnable fight for Raisov. Madadi hasn't looked very game ever since he styled all over Michael Johnson 5 years ago. And he's 40 now. Could be a very brutal night for Reza.

Yeah, on August the 25th was it?

Yeah let's hope they remember to rent a venue in time on this occasion!:D

Seems like a very winnable fight for Raisov. Madadi hasn't looked very game ever since he styled all over Michael Johnson 5 years ago. And he's 40 now. Could be a very brutal night for Reza.

They are going for the 25th, hope so too :D and yeah i think Raisov is the favorite but it will be his first fight in LW and he will fight in enemy territory.

Yeah i agree, they have a upcoming card in Cyprus which consists 90% of Russian/Caucasians, if it had been in Russia then they would have sold out the arena. Its such a dumb decision to have events in Cyprus, Italy etc where nobody knows about ACB. Cyprus was Mir and Laceys idea, maybe they know something we dont.

You shouldn't have events in Cyprus period. Can you imagine someone doing a show in the island of Fiji or some random ass town in the corner of Idaho? Cyprus is on a small island. Their entire population is 1.1 million.

Who's fucking idea is it to do a show there? ACB shuld pick out 5 specific markets and do shows there exclusively, not tour around the world thereby building a homebase nowhere. I've said this before: Strikeforce concentrated on California before going anywhere else. UFC concentrated in Las Vegas. ACB is all over the place.

Btw ACB is working on a event in Malmö, if it goes well then the main event will be Reza Madadi vs Yusuf Raisov. Hope it works out, they have tried to have events in Sweden two times and failed.

Then stop trying.

Last edited:

Everyone "loses" money. It doesn't grow on trees. What it does mean is that they will eventually go bankrupt. Doesn't matter how rich you are. At some point, the business (not the person) becomes a liability if it makes no progress whatsoever. And so far, ACB has made zero progress in making itself a SUSTAINABLE promotion. You have to be serious about running a company, if you're going to run it. Otherwise you're running it off a cliff.

You shouldn't have events in Cyprus period. Can you imagine someone doing a show in the island of Fiji or some random ass town in the corner of Idaho? Cyprus is on a small island. Their entire population is 1.1 million.

Who's fucking idea is it to do a show there? ACB shuld pick out 5 specific markets and do shows there exclusively, not tour around the world thereby building a homebase nowhere. I've said this before: Strikeforce concentrated on California before going anywhere else. UFC concentrated in Las Vegas. ACB is all over the place.

Then stop trying.

Who's crying?

Then stop trying.

How defeatist.

Everyone "loses" money. It doesn't grow on trees. What it does mean is that they will eventually go bankrupt

Yes of course.

But we have no indications that the owners of ACB are at anywhere close to that level, It seems like that is a problem of such distance that it isn't even a concern to them.

It's run by a Chechen Minister -- along with investments from his associates. The vibe one gets is that this is basically their pet hobby. They aren't running it as a "serious" business because that's not their goal. Their goal is to have fun with it and reap whatever success they have along the way. Which puts ACB on a sketchy basis since if their interests wavers, the organisation is most likely doomed.

You're talking about an org as if it's a "serious", money-making business when that's clearly not their intentions at all.

They'd better be giving Pickett a complete scrub if they're expecting a showcase, he's so done it's ridiculous. Should never be coming back from retirement.

Omielanczuk vs. Aliakbari is sick as fuck. I've got a soft spot for Daniel, he was a solid UFC HW at mid-level and had some tidy wins - he decimated De La Rocha quickly, when others have really struggled to put him away. His win over Oleynik was wicked. Fun fighter. Aliakbari will win but it's a good test for him.

It's especially a good test considering Daniel was able to pretty much completely nullify Curtis Blaydes takedowns recently. He knows how to fight wrestlers, though obviously Amir prefers the clinch game whereas Curtis likes double legs.

Who's crying?

Huh?

How defeatist.

Yes of course.

But we have no indications that the owners of ACB are at anywhere close to that level, It seems like that is a problem of such distance that it isn't even a concern to them.

It's run by a Chechen Minister -- along with investments from his associates. The vibe one gets is that this is basically their pet hobby. They aren't running it as a "serious" business because that's not their goal. Their goal is to have fun with it and reap whatever success they have along the way. Which puts ACB on a sketchy basis since if their interests wavers, the organisation is most likely doomed.

You're talking about an org as if it's a "serious", money-making business when that's clearly not their intentions at all.

This goes directly against what the other user above has said (in previous posts) referring back to what the owner himself has said in the past, that he wants ACB to be a serious MMA promotion, "the top" MMA promotion. So clearly you are in disagreement, which isn't surprising because it's not being run seriously at all.

What's defeatist? If Sweden doesn't want to do a show, then do the show elsewhere. Sweden isn't a big market. They need to find a market or few to concentrate on if they're going to be serious like they claim. It's a basic rule of business: don't spread yourself thin.

I want ACB to be the second premier promotion, but they do not operate like they will ever be such. They will never even be profitable. This will end with him in jail, like I predicted a year ago which is ironically where FNG's guy is right now.

Last edited:
Huh?

This goes directly against what the other user above has said (in previous posts) referring back to what the owner himself has said in the past, that he wants ACB to be a serious MMA promotion, "the top" MMA promotion. So clearly you are in disagreement, which isn't surprising because it's not being run seriously at all.

What's defeatist? If Sweden doesn't want to do show, then do the show elsewhere. Sweden isn't a big market. They need to find a market or few to concentrate on if they're going to be serious like they claim. It's a basic rule of business: don't spread yourself thin.

I want ACB to be the second premiere promotion, but they do not operate like they will ever be such. They will never even be profitable. This will end with him in jail, like I predicted a year ago which is where FNG's guy is right now.

You told me "Then stop Crying", what made you think i was "crying"?

The hell are you talking about? <1>Might wanna get your screen fixed.

Nvm just noticed it was "trying" not "Crying" my bad <Lmaoo>.Injured my right eye 3 weeks ago, guess it hasn't fully healed yet lol.

This goes directly against what the other user above has said (in previous posts) referring back to what the owner himself has said in the past, that he wants ACB to be a serious MMA promotion

His actions run contrary to his words though.

Do you think anyone -- including Mairbek -- seriously thinks they're making money by hosting an event in Cypress? Or in a small venue somewhere in god-knows-where Italy? They know that it will bleed them money but they do it anyways. Why? The only reason can be that it seems like fun to them. If they were to seriously think that such events will grant them their dinero, then they're clearly delusional in the extreme.

And again -- running this promotion isn't even his real profession. He's a Minister in Chechnya (of sports or health or something). ACB is something he's doing on a lark, a side-gig, so obviously it doesn't take his full attentions.

What's defeatist? If Sweden doesn't want to do show, then do the show elsewhere

It's not that Sweden doesn't "want" to host their events.

One time it was that ACB didn't acquire a venue in time. (don't know what happened the other time).

That's the sort of stuff that's easily fixed -- and doesn't have anything to do with "wanting" the event.

Do you think anyone -- including Mairbek -- seriously thinks they're making money by hosting an event in Cypress? Or in a small venue somewhere in god-knows-where Italy? They know that it will bleed them money but they do it anyways. Why? The only reason can be that it seems like fun to them.

And again -- running this promotion isn't even his real profession. He's a Minister in Chechnya (of sports or health or something). ACB is something he's doing on a lark, a side-gig, so obviously it doesn't take his full attentions.

I dont think its Mairbek who plans to have Events in Italy or Cyprus, they are the ones sending the proposals to hold MMA event in their venue (According to Mairbek). Always when ACB does poorly in Italy or their last England event then Mairbek blames the people hosting the venue. I dont think he is just throwing around money for fun, he wants ACB to become bigger than UFC but the problem is that he is doing it poorly. He should focus more in Russia instead of just accepting random venues.

Do you think anyone -- including Mairbek -- seriously thinks they're making money by hosting an event in Cypress? Or in a small venue somewhere in god-knows-where Italy? They know that it will bleed them money but they do it anyways. Why? The only reason can be that it seems like fun to them.

It's not that Sweden doesn't "want" to host their events.

One time it was that ACB didn't acquire a venue in time. (don't know what happened the other time).

That's the sort of stuff that's easily fixed.

He's a businessman, not a minister or politician. Unless something changed recently.

He's not operating like a businessman, he's operating like a bumbling idiot. I would like him to succeed which is why it frustrates me. Anyways, he's clearly surrounded by idiots or conmen taking him for a ride as well. Nothing I can change about it. There's a lot of things in life that may frustrate me, but I'm just an onlooker and some things can never be fixed. Just gotta let natural selection do it's thing, and hope things turn out better next time. Still frustrates me when people I'd like to see do better/different who just won't.

He's a businessman, not a minister or politician. Unless something changed recently.

He's not operating like a businessman, he's operating like a bumbling idiot. I would like him to succeed which is why it frustrates me. Anyways, he's clearly surrounded by idiots or conmen taking him for a ride as well. Nothing I can change about it. There's a lot of things in life that may frustrate me, but I'm just an onlooker and some things can never be fixed. Just gotta let natural selection do it's thing, and hope things turn out better next time.

He is a minister in health (or something along those lines) he has been shown in TV alot and has meetings with Kadyrov. Mairbek is a respected doctor in the Caucasus but he is also a businessman.

Edit: His only real success has been in Russia (which is impressive but its still Russia) outside of that they have only succeeded in England(except the last event), Slovakia, Kazakhstan, and Azerbaijan.

Back