AC Joint Separation

The impingement wasn't related to rotator cuffs.

The rotator cuff one was doing judo randori. I tried a soto makikomi on a heavy guy, messed it up and fell flat on my arm that was across my chest, with the guy's weight on my back.

So it kind of pulled my arm out of the shoulder and I heard popping sounds.

Apparently nothing was ripped but only sprained. Did some PT and didn't do anything but run for the first 6 months. Then started slowly doing some body weight stuff. Started judo again after another ~ 6 months.

I still don't have all range of motion and overhand movements are possibly over for life...........but it doesn't bother me in combat sports any more...

The impingement was likely (it's been a while now since it happened) triggered by grappling, but was enhanced by bad posturing at work and apparently stiffness in my chest.

How did your impingement happen?

I don't think the impinge was from a specific trauma, more like wear and tear. Unless I didn't notice when it happened.

Thanks for the response, looks like if you rested 6 months maybe my 3 months off was too short (even if I was pain free). I'm at a crossroads now, I really wanna do Masters Worlds this summer but if I take a break now I won't be able to, ugh.

I don't think the impinge was from a specific trauma, more like wear and tear. Unless I didn't notice when it happened.

Thanks for the response, looks like if you rested 6 months maybe my 3 months off was too short (even if I was pain free). I'm at a crossroads now, I really wanna do Masters Worlds this summer but if I take a break now I won't be able to, ugh.

Yes shoulder injuries are a bitch.

Do the best research you can and figure out what's the best course of action to take.

Good luck !

Back