AC is out

BEER

Platinum Member
Reaction score
The AC in my apartment has decided to stop working. It's currently 91 degrees.

The apartment has weird sliding windows, so I can't even put in a window unit while waiting for it to be fixed.

Unless someone knows how to remove windows?

What am I supposed to do? It's like a fucking sauna in here.

Got any ice packs? My a/c went out one time and i just cloaked myself with those. Not ideal, but it does work some. Fans too.

Go to the mall and enjoy the a/c and scenery...

Get a hotel. Make a vacation out of it

Get a couple blocks of ice, go to the hardware store and make one of these.

If you have a landlord then by law if its above. 85 degrees (i think 85) they have to provide an air con unit of put you in another apt/hotel until its fixed. It happened to me a few weeks ago. A fucking monstrous branch broke off a tree and landed on our outdoor unit on the ground.

Failing that- get a hotel or stay at a friends. No fucking way would I live in my home in the US in a 90deg+ home. This isnt iraq.

tenor.gif

Cold water bath?

Nobody likes a warm beer.

4965225249_c5a2d043eb_b.jpg

Get a portable ac they have hoses that go in sliding windows. I got one when my blower motor went out. They arent as efficient as window units but they will cool you off.
Home depot and Lowes sell them just get a small one for a bedroom till u get yours fixed.
Get a fan too and have it blowing right at you.

Last edited:
Get a portable ac they have hoses that go in sliding windows. I got one when my blower motor went out. They arent as efficient as window units but they will cool you off.

Depending on your window, it could be easy to remove.

Is your AC not coming on at all? Or just not blowing cold air? Could just be a blown fuse or a tripped breaker. Also the AC might just need cleaning. I can help but I need more info

I'm going to make one of these this weekend...Thanks Sherbro...
You can also freeze water in 2 liter bottles instead of wasting money on crushed ice. This doesnt last long tho cause ice melts and then you have to start all over again.

Back