Abus Magomedov signs with PFL

Sakuraba7

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I've been talking about this guy for a while now, hoping that he gets signed by the UFC, and even messaged him and his management saying they should.

Well, he's finally signed to the PFL now. Which is a great step up for that needed exposure (hopefully). He's a German fighter with roots in Dagestan. Ranked #1 in Western Europe by Tapology in MW and LHW.

@Chitaouri @Ughugh @Sham5916910 @Slohog @WallyBear @mattandbenny

Last edited:
Dude is from my hometown. He is pretty well known as a can crusher. Typical 20 wins zero top wins dagestani.

I've been talking about this guy for a while now. Hoping that he gets signed by the UFC, and even messaged him and his management saying they should.

Well, he's finally signed to the PFL now. Which is a great step up for that needed exposure (hopefully). He's a German-born Russian fighter from Dagestan. Ranked #1 in Western Europe by Tapology in MW and LHW.

@Chitaouri @Ughugh @Sham5916910 @Slohog @WallyBear @mattandbenny

why am i mentioned in your thread???

Dude is from my hometown. He is pretty well known as a can crusher. Typical 20 wins zero top wins dagestani.

How many big promotions do you have in your hometown exactly? Lol.

If all German promotions has is cans, he's going to crush cans. Simple math homie.

why am i mentioned in your thread???

Because I tagged a few users who talked about him at some point, because they may be interested in the update. That's what the mention tag is for. Should've been obvious.

In his defence there are nothing but cans in Germany,

I didn't really follow the German MMA scene in the last two years, but I remember that the few guys with good records and talent weren't fighting eachother, so I completely lost interest in it.
Typical for German Combat Sports, just look at Boxing and which fighters they want to sell us as world beaters lol.

Thought he would sign with KSW, since he is training in a gym with good contacts and a lot of fighters in KSW (Soldic,Racic,Martin and David Zawada). His manager also said something in this direction.

But interested how he will do at PFL, he don't really seems to have quality wins, but PFL isn't elite level, neither so who knows.

BTW. how many 1 million tournaments is PFL doing ?

Last edited:
I didn't really follow the German MMA scene in the last two years, but I remember that the few guys with good records and talent weren't fighting eachother, so I completely lost interest in it.
Typical for German Combat Sports, just look at Boxing and which fighters they want to sell us as world beaters lol.

I only know of Hein, Siver, Sobotta and Eskiev other than those i dont know many.

German boxing is just plain corrupt. I don't know how it even survives there. And from what I have gathered its regulated by an athlete "association" as in its the pro boxer's union (if i could use that word for comparison) that regulates the sport. Maybe that's why they have so many issues. Its clearly not objective.

Other than that, I don't know if their MMA scene is any worse than any other mainland West European country. I don't think it is. All the wrestling and MMA talent is in the ex-Soviet states.

MMA isn't that popular in Germany and people there have a very negative picture of this sport.
But to be honest there seem to be also a lot of criminals in german MMA and almost only immigrants (or east germans LOL) competing at the local shows.

But the media there isn't helping neither and for a country of this size there are nearly no big organizations, the only ones I can think of are GMC and Superior FC and they are shady af.

A shame because germany could be a big market for MMA.
And they also have some legit fighters like Puetz,Billstein,Sobotta,Weichel,Coga,Crawford,Lau,Hein or Siver.

Btw. KSW WW champ Soldic and Hector Lombard are also training in Germany.

How many big promotions do you have in your hometown exactly? Lol.

If all German promotions has is cans, he's going to crush cans. Simple math homie.

Because I tagged a few users who talked about him at some point, because they may be interested in the update. That's what the mention tag is for. Should've been obvious.

Thats why you dont fight in your hometown only. Most german fighters fight internationally to get experience. Simple math homie.

So first PFL event this year is gonna happen in June. And Ramadan ends in June so majority of all this Muslim fighters is not gonna get back to their form until August, probably. Would be crazy if they are signed to get into 1 million tournament and they would not be able to take part in it because their first fights is scheduled to happen during Ramadan or shortly after it.

So first PFL event this year is gonna happen in June. And Ramadan ends in June so majority of all this Muslim fighters is not gonna get back to their form until August, probably. Would be crazy if they are signed to get into 1 million tournament and they would not be able to take part in it because their first fights is scheduled to happen during Ramadan or shortly after it.

Think Ramadan starts in July but its only 1 month so shouldn't be that big of a problem.

Sorry, maybe it's too intimate question but aren't you Muslim?

I am but my family isnt that religious, usually our relatives or friends tell when its Ramadan but i havent heard anything from them XD. I thought it was in July this year.

I am but my family isnt that religious, usually our relatives or friends tell when its Ramadan but i havent heard anything from them XD. I thought it was in July this year.
I was curious when Ramadan happens and majority of UFC fighers from Russia would not be able to fight so I looked it up in wikipedia maybe a month or two ago.

How many GPs is PFL holding?

I thought it was a WW GP, and this guy is a MW/LHW.

Thought he would sign with KSW, since he is training in a gym with good contacts and a lot of fighters in KSW (Soldic,Racic,Martin and David Zawada). His manager also said something in this direction.

But interested how he will do at PFL, he don't really seems to have quality wins, but PFL isn't elite level, neither so who knows.

BTW. how many 1 million tournaments is PFL doing ?

6 weight classes

Back