Abu Dhabi World Pro Trials

Great match! I love watching their matches. Torres has an amazing guard and Lepri has such great base and passing. I would like to see a compilation of their matches in chronological order to study how they both modify things each time they meet.

It seems like JT became great overnight, this kid ran through the competition so fast and is now beating elite champions, and hes only 20. He is def doing something right. I would be terrified to step on that mat with Lepri lol.

It seems like JT became great overnight, this kid ran through the competition so fast and is now beating elite champions, and hes only 20. He is def doing something right. I would be terrified to step on that mat with Lepri lol.

I've seen him at regional east coast tournaments for around 4 or 5 years and he's always been awesome at those.(he triangled me super quick in a no gi advanced division final in 07 I think and I remember thinking that damn this guy is really good and only going to get better) I remember he did well at Purple and Brown in the big tournaments, but when he joined up with Lloyd Irvins camp when he was a brown belt he seemed to really start to make a mark against more and more high level opponents. I'm excited to see what he's doing when he hits his mid to late twenties when he has years of experience at Black belt to back up his amazing talent.

JT's guard seemed impossible to pass in the first few minutes. Impressive stuff.

they are both so damn good. It was a fun match, sorry to ppl who like 50/50 but id rather watch JT play spider/ de la riva then someone locking 50/50 and then they seem stuck. Maybe I will learn to appreciate it someday.

they are both so damn good. It was a fun match, sorry to ppl who like 50/50 but id rather watch JT play spider/ de la riva then someone locking 50/50 and then they seem stuck. Maybe I will learn to appreciate it someday.

All I was thinking was how my knee would have snapped if he played that de la riva with me.

I agree but just because I do not know the possibilties and intricacies of the 50/50.

However, I felt the JT could have done a better job with that dlr/lasso control. I felt that he just held it and stalled.

why do people always bring 50/50 up when a really good gi guard player is mentioned?

Maybe if JT was better from the 50/50 he would have beat Durinho at Mundials. He certainly didn't have an answer for the position.

I enjoyed that match a lot. JT looked pissed at the end.

Back