About to start playing Skrim for the first time.....

Lead Lydia to the throat of the world and shout her off the mountain

Archery on Skyrim with no aim assist is awesome. Takes some skill to learn the arching of arrows. Nothing like firing an arrow up in the air and walking away because you know in 2 seconds that enemy is going to be KO'd.

Oh yea, never turn in the dog quest. Keep the dog forever.

Oh yea, never turn in the dog quest. Keep the dog forever.
And miss on the Rueful axe? No, thank you!
Agreed, Bethesda games just feel like work to me. About 20 hours in I start to question why I'm wasting my time. I've tried Skyrim twice and never got close to finishing it either time
20 hours? Talk about a milk drinker...
skyrim_time3.png

This is only for Special Edition, which came out late 2016. Skyrim is about role playing and character building, not aimlessly slaying enemies. Dungeon crawling will get boring if you don't get into your character. There are dozens of cities and thousands of people to interact with, hidden locations and secret lore to be discoverd. @sgt jumpy is on the right track with his custom build meant to be role-played and enjoyed.

Maybe you would have more fun in a FP Shooter...

And miss on the Rueful axe? No, thank you!
20 hours? Talk about a milk drinker...
skyrim_time3.png

This is only for Special Edition, which came out late 2016. Skyrim is about role playing and character building, not aimlessly slaying enemies. Dungeon crawling will get boring if you don't get into your character. There are dozens of cities and thousands of people to interact with, hidden locations and secret lore to be discoverd. @sgt jumpy is on the right track with his custom build meant to be role-played and enjoyed.

Maybe you would have more fun in a FP Shooter...
out of every game i have ever played in my life i have gotten in the most epic melee fights in Skyrim

out of every game i have ever played in my life i have gotten in the most epic melee fights in Skyrim
On legendary difficulty with only a few mods, the Civil War quests become epic. You can storm a heavily defended fortress with your small band of warriors and have a 100 vs 20 battle where everyone has to take on 5 enemies by himself. Ruthless!

73221-0-1454625896.jpg

I'm thinking of starting as well. I remember getting it with my 360 forever ago. I played the first few minutes, where you escape the dragon and all that. I just never picked it back up. Same with The Witcher 3. There are just so many games to play, but I want to get to these two soon.

But really though, I'm thinking of re-installing Oblivion and going full out with it.

Skyrim is fucking garbage. Get Morrowind.
Morrowind: --Swings sword directly into bandit face, misses dice roll--

Question: there is still no SkyUI64 release on Skyrim: RE, right? So, for practical purposes, Skyrim classic should be my go to if I re-install, because the modding scene is simply better. Does this seem accurate to my PC bros?

First time I played I broke it with Alchemy and Smith, finished every quest, got bored and never finished the main quest.

First time I played I broke it with Alchemy and Smith, finished every quest, got bored and never finished the main quest.
Finish every quest? Doubtful! Every other citizen has a quest to offer and there are tons of secret locations that open side quests unavailable otherwise. Just for laughs, did you finish "return to our roots" and "no stone unturned"?

I didn't think so...

Finish every quest? Doubtful! Every other citizen has a quest to offer and there are tons of secret locations that open side quests unavailable otherwise. Just for laughs, did you finish "return to our roots" and "no stone unturned"?

I didn't think so...
Why is it doubtful? It's not like the game is being updated with new quests. I don't remember the names. I finished every side story available besides the main quest.

Why is it doubtful? It's not like the game is being updated with new quests. I don't remember the names. I finished every side story available besides the main quest.
As a matter of fact, there are a lot of DLC quests and mods quests that can be added. There are tons of hidden quests that can only be triggered with certain actions. And of courses, there are quests that must be done on another playthrough. For example, you can rid Skyrim from the empire while screaming "Skyrim belongs to the Nords" or you can join the empire, eradicate every milk drinker around and detain the Jarls at Solitude.

Both outcomes are mutually exclusive, you need to re-start to see it...

As a matter of fact, there are a lot of DLC quests and mods quests that can be added. There are tons of hidden quests that can only be triggered with certain actions. And of courses, there are quests that must be done on another playthrough. For example, you can rid Skyrim from the empire while screaming "Skyrim belongs to the Nords" or you can join the empire, eradicate every milk drinker around and detain the Jarls at Solitude.

Both outcomes are mutually exclusive, you need to re-start to see it...
I know, I played the damn game for hundreds of hours.

What are you trying to accomplish? I don't care if you don't believe, it's just a game.

What are you trying to accomplish? I don't care if you don't believe, it's just a game.
Nothing much really. I was just trying to show that "every quest" is a bold statement for Skyrim. You think you have but in fact, you have only scratched the surface. I'm a veteran player and I still find hidden stuff. I have a build I'm testing right now and I found a hidden side quest not later than yesterday...

I'm not a hardcore gamer, I only play RPGs. I'm not affiliated to Bethesda but I enjoy their games: Doom, Wolfenstein, Skyrim and Fallout are my favorites. I have written a lot of of "builds" for the last two: character builds to be role-played throughout the main storyline and side quests. I have thousands of hours on Skyrim (vanilla and Special Edition), I have almost as much on Fallout 4. I even make pocket money with videos on Youtube about those games, it's a fun way to pass the time when you work at home...

I'm just trying to help out, really.

Morrowind: --Swings sword directly into bandit face, misses dice roll--

Sounds like you need to level up your sword swinging ability, like a proper rpg.

Question: there is still no SkyUI64 release on Skyrim: RE, right? So, for practical purposes, Skyrim classic should be my go to if I re-install, because the modding scene is simply better. Does this seem accurate to my PC bros?

There is no SKSE for Skyrim:RE, so its basically unplayable right now. The modding community is still focused on classic.

When the hell are we getting the next elder scrolls game????

yeah @Metal_Daze wasn't trying to be confrontational with you. He's THE forum SME (subject matter expert) on Skyrim. He's run that bitch to the ground several dozens of times and then some... He makes me look like a noob on my favorite games when compared to his playing time on Skyrim.

Last edited:
Back