*About MM ducking TJ*

"Ducking" is what Bisping does with Romero. Now he's waiting for Whitaker to do his job.

"Ducking" could be McGregor not defending his LW belt against Khabib or even Ferguson.

But you can't say MM is ducking TJ, when we're talking about an opponent that belongs to a higher weight class.
That would be like saying Woodley is ducking Romero or Mousasi. Or Bisping is ducking Cormier or JJ.
Or like saying TJ is ducking Aldo.

IMO MM is right when he asks TJ to go to his weight class and earn his shot for the title.

Btw, i believe TJ would beat MM.
Jon Jones is ducking the HW division though

so if tj makes a buck 25 and beats MM, does that mean people will call him the number 1 pound for pound fighter

It's about competition. The middleweight division and light divisions are stacked. The lightweight division is just MM. TJ's a former champ. It's a no brainer to make this fight, but MM obviously wants to pad his win record and collect pay checks versus challenging himself and i don't blame him, but this fight makes SO much sense.

"Ducking" is what Bisping does with Romero. Now he's waiting for Whitaker to do his job.

"Ducking" could be McGregor not defending his LW belt against Khabib or even Ferguson.

But you can't say MM is ducking TJ, when we're talking about an opponent that belongs to a higher weight class.
That would be like saying Woodley is ducking Romero or Mousasi. Or Bisping is ducking Cormier or JJ.
Or like saying TJ is ducking Aldo.

IMO MM is right when he asks TJ to go to his weight class and earn his shot for the title.

Btw, i believe TJ would beat MM.
Actually MM is the only one ducking out of the examples you give.

There's a difference between ducking and trying to get a bigger fight...

Bisping was promised GSP, he'll make millions in that fight, only a child would expect him to try to do anything else.

Need I even explain Conor looking for the Mayweather fight.

DJ has no contenders in his division. He's trying to score a million dollar payday fighting gym coaches and circus midgets.

What gym coach is he trying to fight? (I won't even bother asking about the "circus midgets.")

Dana has checkmated that midget, good and solid. Huge public whinging about his paycheck not being big enough, now he is totally exposed if he turns down this fight and it looks like he will.

Yeah but TJ is willing to cut weight to meet him at his weightclass where TJ would be at a disadvantage...rather than demanding DJ should move up to fight him
Why would TJ be at a disadvantage? Who knows he might perform better. Matter a fact the division is so much weaker he would be even more dominant.

And it's not like he's a big bantamweight.

I can see the conversation between him and and Dana, "Demetrius here is the deal you fight T.J. or I am getting rid of your division. Which I will do once you lose or don't fight within a certain time period".

Back