About "manlets"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
obligatory
cd8.jpg

You fucking nailed it. Simple psychology: Tall guys are secure and don't feel the need to use a derogatory term, and short guys don't diss their own. The "manlet" word phenomenon is exclusively among the average-heighted
i could see that im 6'3, never gave a shit personally

Manlet is more the mentality, than just the height.

Like... the little guy in the gym that walk around like he took a dump in his pants, arms flared out and an angry look on his face. Or the guy who is tailgating you in his massive jacked up truck that he needs a staircase to climb into. Or the guy who wants to fight you for no reason other than he's drunk and you are a foot taller than him.

THOSE are the manlets.
Around here when a guy has his arms flared out trying to look big we call that “carrying briefcases”

giphy.gif

I posted this as a reply in another thread, but considering how ridiculously overused it is, I'll just make a thread about it here.

The term "manlet" gets horribly overused around here. Sure, a flw like DJ (5'2") could be called so. But the average height of a man globally is 5'8". The average height of an American male is 5'9". People like to say the presence of Hispanics and Asians lower America's average height, but it's actually right at 5'10" for both white and black males. So unless you live in one of these Nordic countries where the average height is above 6', the majority of fighters at 145 and above would not, objectively speaking, be considered "manlets". And even if they are under that in those weight classes, like in the case of Chad Mendes, they make up for it in muscle mass, and could most likely bench most of you. And I don't know about you, but I'm not gonna call somebody 2 inches shorter than me but with biceps the size of my head a manlet.

Just my 2 cents. Of course, I understand that this is sherdog, land of 6'4", 250lb, 4% body fat "A-level" athletes.
Good post, sparky.
1512253573349.jpg

I just love the word manlet

I also love patting people on the back and saying

'Good for you, little guy'

I'm surprised you don't get your ass kicked alot lol. Small people have tempers

You fucking nailed it. Simple psychology: Tall guys are secure and don't feel the need to use a derogatory term, and short guys don't diss their own. The "manlet" word phenomenon is exclusively among the average-heighted
You sound like a dude who also preaches "it ain't the size of the ship, it's the motion of the ocean".
1515203156197.jpg

Do you really think people use the term 'manlets' in here with logic?

It's a way to project their insecurities onto public figures. They feel soooooo small inside so they criticize people who were born to be small even though they can't do anything about it.

/THREAD

You can tell the tall uncoordinated non athletes on sherdog because they used the word manlet in jealous rage. Self respecting tall people like myself who respect their ability don't feel threatened by short guys

I wouldn't say they are just average, they are just guys that are insecure with their height or their sexuality, they could realistically be any height, but they've most likely felt rejection or continually face rejection from women and are trying to compensate. They downplay shorter guys to make themselves look better. It's all about sexual competition with people that are sexually inadequate. It's quite amusing to watch, one of my favorite things about Sherdog. LOL

ah what ever....small brahs lose lose in opinions of others

but that's just it, opinions of others.

All the small bro's you see successful in MMA, sports, or in life in general don't give 2 chets about the opinions of others and do what they have to do to become the best at it. And everything else falls in place. Nothing to do w/ height, but the fact they kept improving themselves in what ever it is they love doing.

ppl always self project their own life to find to hate on someone who's successful or have bettered themselves.

The Conor and Floyd hater's taking it to the extreme are a good example

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back