About Kelvin Gastelum

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
The guy has potential to be a 2 division champ. But his last 2 fights at WW were a loss to Magny and a win against Johny Burger.

So despite his recent wins at MW, I still think Gastelum would have a hard time against a lot of these guys. What´s your opinion? Who would be the worse match ups for Gastelum at WW at the top 10?

Woodley
Wonderboy
RDA
Karamu Usman
Covington
Till
Ponz
Lawler
Maia
Masvidal
Magny

Thoughts?

He’ll never make welterweight so it’s pointless to pick. The guy just beat 185 perennial contender Jacare he’s legit

<JerryWWF>

stuffed takedowns from Kennedy and Jacare, yet got man handled by Magny.

He’ll never make welterweight so it’s pointless to pick. The guy just beat 185 perennial contender Jacare he’s legit
A lot of people keep saying these things "he'll never make this, he´ll never do that" , like you knew for sure what´s going on. If you talk to the fighter, he´ll probably say that "all the windows are open, let´s see what happens" . I´m pretty sure Gastelum won´t say "I´ll never make WW again in my life".

Gastelum's willing to learn. If you ask him to learn Mandarin ,he will.

<JerryWWF>

stuffed takedowns from Kennedy and Jacare, yet got man handled by Magny.

A close decision is not ''getting man handled''.

Gastelum just lost that fight on the scale. Making WW killed him.

Anyway, future MW champion. Always said it.

A close decision is not ''getting man handled''.

Gastelum just lost that fight on the scale. Making WW killed him.

Anyway, future MW champion. Always said it.

I was referring to the gif. And no, he has a glaring weakness in MW.

Like Dos Anjos... moving up has worked out well. Could have been a contender at 170... but not drained is much better at 185.

Dude doesnt cut weight well or right. That shit takes alot out of you when it is done right.

When it is done wrong well...... yea not good man.

Gas will probably not going to fight chinny Luke. Instead, he will have to fight either Yoel or Whittaker. So no, he won't be the champ.

He has a solid chance against either one of them. He made easy work of Kennedy, Vitor, and Bisping. His fight vs Jacare was close, but he definitely has the speed, power, and wrestling to be champ. Even if he loses in a title fight, he'll get another chance. I think he'll be champ within 3 years.

Gas will probably not going to fight chinny Luke. Instead, he will have to fight either Yoel or Whittaker. So no, he won't be the champ.
He's only 26. He has plenty of time to become champ.

Anyone can be caught and Kelvin's got more power than most.
This.

MinorImpoliteHuemul-size_restricted.gif

finish-of-kennedy.gif

tr1LQsq.gif

giphy.gif

Saying Gastelum can never win the MW title is reaching. He has enough power to knock out any MW on any given night. And at his age, he has plenty of time to improve.

Kelvin Gastropub gets all his power from those Taco Bell value packs...

Back