Abortion...

giphy.gif

It's is not about convenience, it is about the rights to one's own body. I would say that until a fetus can survive without it's mother, it does not have it's own rights.

Okay, so around 24 weeks (viability), the baby has rights. So do you oppose abortion after the 24th week?

Abortions will happen if it's illegal or not. So why not make it safe eh.
Because it's not really about the abortion imo. If it was, anti-abortion groups wouldnt also be anti-contraception.

Because it's not really about the abortion imo. If it was, anti-abortion groups wouldnt also be anti-contraception.

I think they just love the word "anti"

Anti-science
Anti-logic
etc

Wrong. It is alive, has its own DNA and that DNA happens to be of the homo sapiens sapiens genus, ergo the fetus is, scientifically, undeniably a new human life from the moment of conception forth.

Wrong. Or else there would be scientific concensus about when life begins. There isn´t. Any halfwit can google "life begins at conception" and get all the links they want.

It is about a human being's right to not get murdered. Quite many abortion opponents, myself included, have no problem with contraception as long as it doesn't lead to not becoming a parent - that being the sin of Onan and by its results not significantly different from murdering one's offspring.

The moral issues of murder and abusing one's body as a vehicle of meaningless sex are quite different and I'd rather not talk about the latter in this thread.

Right wingers complaining about that the left is about government control wants the government to take control over parts of women's bodies. Things here often become funny when you take a step back to look at the larger picture.

But what about people who are vegetables? In a sense they can't survive without the asisstance of another human being. In your opinion, do they lose their human rights cause they can't survive on their own?

No those individuals do not lose their rights. The support they get is different then that of a fetus and mother. For one, the individual giving support is doing so because they choose to. Second, someone else can fill that support role.

Wrong. Or else there would be scientific concensus about when life begins.
It's not about consensus, but undeniable scientific facts, dumbass*. I don't care what politically motivated scientists try to spin, but the evidence goes only one way: the fetus can be killed since the moment of conception, ergo it is alive, and it is human, having human DNA. There's no way around it, no matter how many leftist idiots you summon to wave their hands. The truth of the matter isn't going anywhere and "consensus" has literally nothing to do with science.

*And, quite tellingly, you didn't even try denying those.

Again Science says that you are flat out WRONG.

I referenced plenty of reading material. If you are interested in learning the subject, I recommend going straight to the source. You are going to argue with whatever I say so there is no point in continuing. I used to be pro choice. Someone like myself once tore down every argument that I could put up and pointed out the fallacy of them just like I am doing to you guys right now.

Science does not say I'm wrong. There is a reason a fetus is called a fetus and not called a baby or infant.

t undeniable scientific facts, .

Seems you don´t know what that means and you are the dumbass here.. When there is no scientific consensus, they are in fact the very opposite of undeniable

Seems you don´t know what that means and you are the dumbass here.. When there is no consensus, they are in fact the very opposite of undeniable
You can't find one scientist claiming that the fetus isn't alive since conception or that it isn't human by virtue of DNA.

Funny that you think "consensus" is some sort of magic word that tells truth value of a claim.

I am personally not for abortions but I do see some posters here who I wish would have been aborted.

I am pro choice as I believe a woman should make a choice based on numerous reasons from health to ability to care for the child. With that said I am thankful to have my son as he very well could had been aborted at one point but that is hindsight.

I believe a fetus is living when it can survive outside the womb, until then it is just a parasite feeding off its host. If the mother would to die and so does the fetus then how can you say it is alive?

I wonder how many of you Pro-Lifers had an aneurysm in the Soda Tax thread?

I.e. using contraception for all their and their partner's fertile life.

Of course people often think their fertile life is a lot longer than it actually is and the genetic material deteriorates with age, so ultimately it's not very wise to wait for too long.

Right wingers complaining about that the left is about government control wants the government to take control over parts of women's bodies. Things here often become funny when you take a step back to look at the larger picture.
The party that gave us "transvaginal probes" is for limited government aayyyy lmao

And left wingers are here complaining about a baby's right to live.

Back