Abortion...

Words mean things, there is a reason to say human fetus and human being.

You guys call it a "fetus" so you can pretend it's not murder. Who are you kidding. The minute you acknowledge that a fetus is a human being thats the minute you lose the argument. Thus you must hold onto this silly notion of a human being not being a human being no matter how illogical it is.

Hopefully Trump stacks the deck with pro-life judges and we can put this barbaric practice to an end.

Yeah, I'd like to think that one's right to not get murdered trumps anyone's right to convenience.

It's not about convenience, and until a fetus can survive outside the womb it does not garner rights.

You guys call it a "fetus" so you can pretend it's not murder. Who are you kidding. The minute you acknowledge that a fetus is a human being thats the minute you lose the argument. Thus you must hold onto this silly notion of a human being not being a human being no matter how illogical it is.

Hopefully Trump stacks the deck with pro-life judges and we can put this barbaric practice to an end.

I'm done trying to fight the word re-definition your side engages in. What to call it murder, fine. What to call it a human being, fine. Does that really change anything, no.

You can change the laws all you want. It's not going to end the practice it will just push it underground and from studies done, increase the number of abortions.

I'm done trying to fight the word re-definition your side engages in. What to call it murder, fine. What to call it a human being, fine. Does that really change anything, no.

Funny because the definition game is all your side has on this subject. You look at a 'developing human' and insist on calling it a fetus instead of a human.

You can change the laws all you want. It's not going to end the practice it will just push it underground and from studies done, increase the number of abortions.

Yeah ok

Funny because the definition game is all your side has on this subject. You look at a 'developing human' and insist on calling it a fetus instead of a human.

Yeah ok

That is because it is a fetus. As I said, call it what you want. Does not change the end result or the current reality.

Yes. Again that does not change anything. Being a developing human does not grant you rights above that of a full developed human.

Ok. So when a women has an abortion she is ending the life of a developing human, correct?

Well, I do know one thing for sure, I'd much rather never be born than to be born to no father and a woman that doesn't want me.

You would rather never be born than be adopted?

I don't think you understand the difference between an argument and a statement. But here's an argument. You want to tell women they can't abort? Well I say it's none of your god damn business. Are you going to help feed that child? Raise it? Pay for it's education? No? Then fuck off and mind your own god damn business.

Moral dilemmas are none of anyone else's business? I'm not going to take in foster children, but I'm still against people neglecting and killing children. Are those things also none of my business?

Call it what you want. It really come down to who rights trumps whos.

It doesn't have anything I do with whether mom's rights trump baby's rights or vice versa. A right to life trumps a right to not have to deal with 9 months of unpleasantness. They are not things that can be equated. Just like someone else's right to freedom of speech trumps my right to not be annoyed by the dumb shit they say.

And they're you have it. Nickerson support murder for convenience. I appreciate your honesty and we can agree to disagree.

I support a women's right to her own body. If that means I support what you want to call "murder for convenience", okay.

It doesn't have anything I do with whether mom's rights trump baby's rights or vice versa. A right to life trumps a right to not have to deal with 9 months of unpleasantness. They are not things that can be equated. Just like someone else's right to freedom of speech trumps my right to not be annoyed by the dumb shit they say.

You don't have the right to life until you can at least support the basics of life on your own. As long as a fetus in not viable, that is can't survive outside the womb there is no right to life.

It's not about convenience, and until a fetus can survive outside the womb it does not garner rights.
A whopping majority of abortions are done because of social reasons, ergo convenience. And as you're categorically pro choice, you can't even claim that the reason matters.

Your claim that a human shouldn't have rights before being able to leave the womb is asinine and logically incoherent. Why should that make a difference and, when medical technology to save early births advances, does the baby become human earlier and earlier? The line you put is not only arbitrary but also a moving one. It makes no sense at all.

If people would take seriously the Christian teachings on sex, marriage and family, then there would far less abortion.

Last edited by a moderator:
A whopping majority of abortions are done because of social reasons, ergo convenience. And as you're categorically pro choice, you can't even claim that the reason matters.

Your claim that a human shouldn't have rights before being able to leave the womb is asinine and logically incoherent. Why should that make a difference and, when medical technology to save early births advances, does the baby become human earlier and earlier? The line you put is not only arbitrary but also a moving one. It makes no sense at all.

A women choosing to have an abortion because they could not afford the cost of involved with pregnancy is not out of convenience. You are right that the reason ultimately does not matter, but you can't claim that it is out of convenience as you have no way of knowing.

No medical technology does not move the bar. When I'm talking about viability I'm talking about it without the help of medical treatment. It is also not an illogical idea. A fetus that can't survive outside the womb has not even developed to a point that it does not need the mother's body. If you need an organ transplant does your right to life give you the right to take an organ from another person? No, of course not. The right to life does not allow anyone the rights to others bodies.

Back