Abel Sanchez on African American Fighters

don't know why some guys, older guys usually, can't tell when they are saying something that's going to blow up on them. i was watching a Jimmy The Greek bio, his life ended horribly and his career was over after saying slave masters bred black people to be bigger and to have big asses and that's why they were so good at football. Roy Campanella said black people can't swim and they jumped on him. just stupid to open up a powder keg like that. Maybe abel was drunk, i think jimmy probably was. drunk people say whatever they feel like.

In all fairness.. we all know what he meant

European style : Fundamental and straight edge (true in most sports)

mexican style : hard nosed and straight forward, body punching centric

black style : Shoulder roll, screaming HA! with every punch, pot shotting. (Bernard even references a slick black style when talking about Calzaghe and Manny)

Japanese : Not particularly refined but very tough and a lot of heart.

anyone talking race in a public or semi public position as he's in is taking a risk. Doesn't matter if it's a real insult or not. remember larry merchant saying that delahoya was playing up to the mexicans with the mariachi band before the second chavez bout? he had to apologize to pissed off mexicans the next week.

Not defensive, just sounds like you don't have much of an opinion about him - even if you didn't outright say it.
So I sound like I don't like GGG because I'm angry with Abels comments? That's stupid. You seem like the type of guy that is so used to getting into arguments with GGG haters that as soon as someone criticizes anything to do with GGG or his team you jump the gun and assume they don't like him. This is what I mean by getting defensive.

GGG is one of my favourite fighters today. Abel is the person I have an issue with based off his ignorant comments. GGG could probably beat everyone in his division but that doesn't change the reason why Abel made those comments? Can you think of another reason why Abel would generalize every black fighter exactly around the time certain black fighters start calling GGG out?

In all fairness.. we all know what he meant

European style : Fundamental and straight edge (true in most sports)

mexican style : hard nosed and straight forward, body punching centric

black style : Shoulder roll, screaming HA! with every punch, pot shotting. (Bernard even references a slick black style when talking about Calzaghe and Manny)

Japanese : Not particularly refined but very tough and a lot of heart.

Thai style: give zero fucks, I'm coming straight at you until I put you down or you ko me

wow, this is some incredibly stupid shit. you must be breaking some kind of record here on the density of stupid in a single post.
You're clearly a huge ggg dikkrider,and that's ok...i understand about love and wanting to defend your man....but try and tear yourself away from your fantasy and actually look at ggg's track record.

- He ducked challenges from ward and lara...after saying he'd fight anybody from 154 to 168...they said "i'll want to fight ggg"...he said "no"...obviously he only meant floyd.

- after beating a buncha bums (not ggg's fault the mw div was weak for a stretch), he stepped up his level of competition against viable competition and got beat by jacobs then drew with canelo...sure the official decision in the jacobs fight was a win for ggg, but just watch the damn fight...it wasn't that close. the brook fight exposed ggg for the plodder we always knew him to be...were it not for the broken eye-socket, brook had a good shot at taking it.

- if he can't beat jacobs and canelo, what makes you think he wants to get in there with the caliber of guys like charlo and andrade? there's no way his team will take those fights...hell, i don't even think they'll even take saunders.

Last edited:
MY post said in it black fighters dont all fight black style. Also berto has a carribean background so he could also have a strong caribean style.
name 10 famous black fighters who fight in the black style.

You're clearly a huge ggg dikkrider,and that's ok...i understand about love and wanting to defend your man....but try and tear yourself away from your fantasy and actually look at ggg's track record.

- He ducked challenges from ward and lara...after saying he'd fight anybody from 154 to 168...they said "i'll want to fight ggg"...he said "no"...obviously he only meant floyd.

- after beating a buncha bums (not ggg's fault the mw div was weak for a stretch), he stepped up his level of competition against viable competition and got beat by jacobs then drew with canelo...sure the official decision in the jacobs fight was a win for ggg, but just watch the damn fight...it wasn't that close. the brook fight exposed ggg for the plodder we always knew him to be...were it not for the broken eye-socket, brook had a good shot at taking it.

- if he can't beat jacobs and canelo, what makes you think he wants to get in there with the caliber of guys like charlo and andrade? there's no way his team will take those fights...hell, i don't even think they'll even take saunders.

Ward was 2 weight divisions up from GGG, that's not ducking when someone is that much bigger than you. Lara fights on showtime, GGG on HBO it would have been a very tough fight to be made if there was a lot of money in it but no one outside of boxing knows who Lara is. I thought GGG beat Danny Jacobs pretty clearly but I could see how someone might give it to Jacobs but to call it not a close fight then I don't know what you were watching. Brook had his moments but GGG was slowly turning up the pressure on him and walking him down. If his eye socket hadn't have gone he'd have still been in for a hellacious beating or KO'd. Brook never had a chance to win that fight and I'm a Brook fan.

And GGG beat Canelo and even if you didn't think so a draw against one of the P4P best is nothing to write off. He's just faced two of the best P4P fighters in the game but you think he's scared of facing Charlo and Andrade? And then to cap it off you think he'd duck BJS who's he's been chasing for years lol

i stand corrected, it appears your previous post was regularly stupid by your standards.

lara has never fought at 160, i'd take his challenges for more than blowing smoke up the public's ass if he actually fought and beat anyone at middleweight. ward was at 175, so yeah. i guess golovkin was ducking klitschko too all these years.

golovkin outlanded jacobs and put him on his ass. but jacobs didn't get KO'd like so many assumed he would and suddenly gennady was exposed. it was a great, competitive fight, and to talk shit about either guy after the final bell just means you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. brook had his moments until he got completely annihilated. i guess if gennady hadn't hit him as hard as he did, brook could possibly win, yeah. but that's a pretty retarded argument. i guess canelo was also exposed because khan landed punches on him before he died, and jacobs was exposed because he didn't KO his last opponent... and got KO'd himself 8 years ago.

he can and did beat jacobs, he clearly can beat canelo since the majority of the public thought he already did in the first fight, and lol at charlo being some established world beater. if gennady hasn't beaten anyone, who in the fuck has charlo taken out? besides, according to @RR, charlo will be fighting danny soon enough, and when they do, jacobs will fuck him up. i wonder what kind of verbal diarrhoea you'll come up with after that.

saunders, jesus. he wouldn't make it out of the ring on his own two feet against any one of the top 3 guys in the division, least of all golovkin.

oh and i think canelo wins the rematch, because golovkin is old and the fuckers waited him out, robbed him of his career-defining victory, and waited him out some more. but that doesn't mean his reign of terror on the middleweight division wasn't legit. well, not unless you're a half-witted jerkoff.

imo, this was the worst post ive read on sherdog in regards to both mma and boxing...

ever

this post alone deserves a yellow card based soley on pure stupidity

on second reading, i think the guy is just trolling.

But the Mexican style approach is more of an attitude than actual fighting style. It seems to refer to being fearless, having grit, being willing to exchange, and machismo. But stylistically, there's really no similarity across the board. You can show those traits within pretty much any style.

That's what I gathered, when they mention Mexican style.

why the fuck would you think i'm "trolling"? because i completely and utterly disagree with your dikk-ridin ggg nonsense? Why don't you come right out and say what you really mean when it comes to ggg instead of hiding behind your bullshit?

it is a FACT that ggg said he'd fight ANYBODY from 154 to 168!!!...that's not me saying it...there's documented evidence...those were his words! so, if lara challenged him at 154 and ward challenged him at 168 and he turned both those fights down, what are we the fans supposed to think? you can say lara fights for a different network and all, but that's not something new in boxing...we've seen promoters overcome that hurdle time and again..to say lara wasn't a MONEY fight, is bullshit!!!...ggg fought wlllie fkin monroe!....he fought rubio and adama....you're telling me those were big money fights? when he wouldn't even ENTERTAIN a lara fight which the fans would have flocked to see? GTFOH with your shit!!!

Ggg DUCKED ward and lara...because they both had a damn good shot at beating him.

I saw jacobs winning the ggg fight going away...yeah, he got dropped but in case you didn't know...a boxing match is a TWELVE ROUND FIGHT!...so MANY fighters get dropped and come back and WIN!...yes, dude...it fucking happens! But given the politics of boxing there was really no way jacobs with his lack of name recognition was gonna get the win with big ppv money fights for ggg with canelo hanging in the balance.

As far as canelo, i don't know about the "majority" of fans thinking canelo won...i know a lotta fans saw canelo take the first three and last three rounds...and maybe one more in the middle...a draw was pretty fair.

yeah, i guess brook shouldn't have gotten hit with that shot...after all, getting hit hard proves you're not as good as the other guy...that's why oliver mccall ranks higher in boxing greatness that lennox lewis.

don't get me wrong...i don't expect any of what i posted to change your mind or anything...your mind is made up about ggg and until somebody like charlo knocks his overrated ass out, you're gonna continue to believe whatever suits you...all i'm saying is: ggg will NEVER....EVER....EVER...get in the ring with charlo or jacobs again or andrade...and to me, it's pretty obvious why.

so, aside from the fact that paulie ISN'T black, so using him as your primary example of an african american boxing style is pretty retarded, it's also true that floyd has the top 5 of the top 10 biggest ppv numbers in history...so to say fans don't want to see him because his style is not pleasing, makes abel look like the biggest trump supporter in the world.

Can I just ask what has Trump got to do with anything said?

"makes abel look like the biggest trump supporter in the world."

That's got to be the most stupid thing I've read today.

Anyway if I'm going to be very "general" and make a stereotypical comment from my own experience I would say that African American fighters tend to have a "Not get hit, safety first" style, again "in general" they don't seem to like to get hit compared to Mexican, Russian or white fighters and so tend to do a lot of hit and move (height and weight permitting).

However ...........

That is not an insult its actually smart fighting, the whole point of boxing is to hit and not be hit.

Now I know you said "there isn't an African American style" but if you look at the 30's - 60's and look at the way white guys fought ....... sloppy, undisciplined, always willing to brawl except for the exceptions like Willie Pep, African Americans since have had a huge impact with their more slick way of boxing.

African Americans dominated that era because in a sense they took advantage of the typical white American boxer who would just follow them around the ring taking 4 shots to every 1 given.

Jack Johnson, Muhammed Ali, Sugar Ray Robinson, Ezzard Charles, Walcott etc

In fact that was why Marciano was so revered because he was the one white (well Italian american who they adopted) guy who didn't get beat, all the rest pretty much did.

Fast forward to today and I think again "being stereo typical" I think it still rings true in the main even though its evened out i.e more white guys now can be technical and smart to.

But again your not likely to see a white Roy Jones Jr, Ray Leonard, Errol Spence or Floyd Mayweather as you are to see a black Murat Gassiev, GGG or Gatti.

Again its evened out a lot more now but I kind of get what Abel is un-articulately trying to say.

Maybe in a nutshell he's trying to say a lot less African Americans are willing to brawl it out and he thinks that's what people want to see which is kinda incorrect in itself but whatever .............

That's all he ever does. He pretends to actually want to discuss something but it's just poorly disguised trolling that gets worse and worse as the thread goes on. By the end everyone is calling him out for being a complete troll then he stops replying and starts all over again with a new thread a few days later.

He ALWAYS attacks specific fighters and trainers.

He ALWAYS reverts to the same bullshit tactics and arguments.

He ALWAYS exposes himself in the end when he gives up on pretending to be a decent logical human and goes full on trolltard shit stirring biased lying pile of crap. He's like the english speaking version of Uncle Termite mixed with some Queen B without the thick skin.

lmfao anyone thinking lara legit challenging golovkin

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2015/11/erislandy-lara-moving-to-160-targeting-golovkin/

you dont go around spounting off talking about moving up in weight and fighting a guy who was koing everyone at mw only to end up fighting zaveck, gausha, vanes and yuri foreman.

nobody believed erislandry lara but a very few floyd mayweather-loving, manny pacquioa/gennady golovkin-hating retards

just the same as only a retard can claim a guy is ducking another fighter who is fighting one or two weight divisions above him

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back