Abel Sanchez: "I can't complain about the decision, Canelo fought great"

the best advice anyone has said about how to score fights to me is max kellerman (he may have been quoting someone) and he said judge each round by “who you would rather be” in that round. no one knows how to do that better than the trainer of a fighter imo

Its only a controversy because Golovkin fans are mad. I mean, really. What was controversial about this fight? The scores were about right.
you’ve been here long enough to know that all closely-fought high profile fights end up this way on sherdog

https://www.boxingscene.com/sanchez...-canelo-fought-great--131878?print_friendly=1

“We had a great fight, the one we expected the first time around,” Sanchez said. “I had it close going into the 12th round. We had good judges, who saw it from different angles. I can’t complain about the decision, but it’s close enough to warrant a third fight. Canelo fought a great fight. Congratulations.”

OK crybabies. Even Golovkins trainer isn't crying about the decision. You can all stop now too.

it's because he's Mexican like Canelo.

Abel saying ggg lost the 12th. LoL

Media and experts disagree with him

Lol at his baised opinion carrying any weight. Dudes the biggest Canelo nuthugger

He fought the fight of his life, keeping GGG on the backfoot for almost the entirety, didn't think he had it in him. I scored it for Canelo. It should be 1-1 though. (Still doesnt beat Hagler though:))

Lol at his baised opinion carrying any weight. Dudes the biggest Canelo nuthugger
giphy-downsized.gif

Its only a controversy because Golovkin fans are mad. I mean, really. What was controversial about this fight? The scores were about right.

Collectively...the last two years I’d main events have had controversy. It’s not to say that GGG winning wouldn’t stir controversy but he did not lose the first fight and I didn’t see him losing this either.

I am surprised that Abel was humbled after the fight but he was pretty mello during the early rds too. I am kinda happy about it.

Abel knows Canelo won the fight and he is being humble in defeat despite the pre fight history. I was hoping that GGG would pull out the victory but he lost and was backed up for the VAST majority of the fight, got hit with the more crisp accurate shots, and was made to look much more passive then he ever has. I was also somewhat annoyed with the fact that Abel and GGG were asking for a war this fight and Canelo brought it but GGG did not keep to his word and was looking to play it safe because he knew the danger that Canelo poised in terms of countering punching, combinations and hand speed. At the end of the day it was a close fight and anyone who claims robbery after watching this fight and the result need therapy. I can't believe how many boxing fans are crybabies, it's pretty pathetic.

Abel knows Canelo won the fight and he is being humble in defeat despite the pre fight history. I was hoping that GGG would pull out the victory but he lost and was backed up for the VAST majority of the fight, got hit with the more crisp accurate shots, and was made to look much more passive then he ever has. I was also somewhat annoyed with the fact that Abel and GGG were asking for a war this fight and Canelo brought it but GGG did not keep to his word and was looking to play it safe because he knew the danger that Canelo poised in terms of countering punching, combinations and hand speed. At the end of the day it was a close fight and anyone who claims robbery after watching this fight and the result need therapy. I can't believe how many boxing fans are crybabies, it's pretty pathetic.
Many are not boxing fans. They are GGG fans. He attracted casuals like Pacquiao did.

Back