Abel Sanchez: "I can't complain about the decision, Canelo fought great"

Seano

Hands of bone
@plutonium
Reaction score
https://www.boxingscene.com/sanchez...-canelo-fought-great--131878?print_friendly=1

“We had a great fight, the one we expected the first time around,” Sanchez said. “I had it close going into the 12th round. We had good judges, who saw it from different angles. I can’t complain about the decision, but it’s close enough to warrant a third fight. Canelo fought a great fight. Congratulations.”

OK crybabies. Even Golovkins trainer isn't crying about the decision. You can all stop now too.

Wow. That's saying something. I guess Abel is wrong because press members and such.

Wow. That's saying something. I guess Abel is wrong because press members and such.
I want people to start emailing that list to Sanchez and questioning his intelligence and ability to score fights.

Sanchez should come post here imo.

wow, that was the biggest surprise I've heard since finding out that Tom Morello and Ted Nugent are close friends.

It was a close fight, no problem in giving it to Canelo.

GGG’s corner told him mid fight he was losing. Canelo clearly won 2,3,5,6,7,8,12. 1,4,9 were super close. 10 and 11 was the only rounds GGG clearly won and it wasn’t like they were blowout rounds.

https://www.boxingscene.com/sanchez...-canelo-fought-great--131878?print_friendly=1

“We had a great fight, the one we expected the first time around,” Sanchez said. “I had it close going into the 12th round. We had good judges, who saw it from different angles. I can’t complain about the decision, but it’s close enough to warrant a third fight. Canelo fought a great fight. Congratulations.”

OK crybabies. Even Golovkins trainer isn't crying about the decision. You can all stop now too.

On one end I’m ok with this particular decision because I had it 115-113 GGG. But it’s so close where 115-113 canelo isn’t even close to a robbery.

However, I’m tired of the predictable boxing controversies. It seems boxing will always be this way. We have to learn to accept it or leave it. As Buster Douglas ( of all people ) once said after finding out that the judges had Tyson ahead on the fight that he was clearly winning, “the best decision in boxing is a knockout. My father always told me once it’s in their hands it’s already kind of a loss in some ways.”

Lol we all know Abel the Mexican is baised and a Canelo fan boy

It could have gone either way but it just feels like GGG would have never gotten the nod from the judges unless he dominated or something.

It just feels so tired and predictable. The way Max was going on and on about how Canelo was winning the "story" of the fight. The way the hugely contested fight was scored exactly the same across all the scorecards except for that 12th round.

It just feels so tired and predictable. The way Max was going on and on about how Canelo was winning the "story" of the fight. The way the hugely contested fight was scored exactly the same across all the scorecards except for that 12th round.

Jfc. Consistent scorecards are cause for concern now? You’d rather the judges disagreed with each other?

Damned if they do a good job, damned if they don’t.

m96jjd.jpg

<Fedor23> The haters are still going to hate. Lol, GGG got walked down and lumped up. Canelo took his best shots and walked right through them. Canelo did the most damage and landed more effective punches just like last time. Only this time he proved what I already knew, he can do whatever he wants in the ring.

It could have gone either way but it just feels like GGG would have never gotten the nod from the judges unless he dominated or something.

I posted in this in another thread but will repeat it here because I think it sums up people's thinking.

I imagine a lot of the fury still stems from the first fight when it was much more obvious GGG got robbed by incompetent judges. This fight was way better than the first one and while I thought GGG won again, It probably was close enough to go either way.

There is always the specter of the bigger name or bigger $$ in the sport getting a sort of home-field advantage. Rational people realize that Canelo has that going for him.. The "Oscar isn't gonna let his new golden boy lose" type stuff, bothers people.

I'm old and can remember a ton of close decisions like this in boxing. I was a fan of Ali and remember how much that name recognition meant in close fights. Sugar Ray Leonard's decision win over Marvin Hagler was a classic example of that too.

On one end I’m ok with this particular decision because I had it 115-113 GGG. But it’s so close where 115-113 canelo isn’t even close to a robbery.

However, I’m tired of the predictable boxing controversies. It seems boxing will always be this way. We have to learn to accept it or leave it. As Buster Douglas ( of all people ) once said after finding out that the judges had Tyson ahead on the fight that he was clearly winning, “the best decision in boxing is a knockout. My father always told me once it’s in their hands it’s already kind of a loss in some ways.”
Its only a controversy because Golovkin fans are mad. I mean, really. What was controversial about this fight? The scores were about right.

Yeah, the cocilliatory tone couldn’t be described as angling for a third multi-million dollar fight right?

Completely different circumstances though, after a draw they KNEW they would run it back.

Back