Abdulrashid Sadulaev should consider becoming an MMA fighter

Nooob

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Every champions in the UFC right now have wrestling background so it got me thinking about Sadulaev.

Olympic gold medalist Abduldashid Sadulaev is considered to be the #1 Pound-for-Pound wrestler in the world in 2016 and considered one of the most dominant wrestlers. He is only 22 years old and I was wondering how far you think he could go if decided to go into MMA?

He'd probably do quite well as most of the Olympic medallists have done when they're moved to MMA but how well depends a lot on where he trains and who he trains with and how he reacts to getting punched in the face.

He wrestles at 190 lbs so I guess it also depends a bit on whether he can make 185 or would have to go to 205 too. He seems quite short for 205 anyway.

I want to see both him and Snyder transition to MMA in the near future

He'd probably do quite well as most of the Olympic medallists have done when they're moved to MMA but how well depends a lot on where he trains and who he trains with and how he reacts to getting punched in the face.

He wrestles at 190 lbs so I guess it also depends a bit on whether he can make 185 or would have to go to 205 too. He seems quite short for 205 anyway.
He wrestles at 97 kg (214 lbs). Would probably cut for 205.

Every champions in the UFC right now have wrestling background so it got me thinking about Sadulaev.

Olympic gold medalist Abduldashid Sadulaev is considered to be the #1 Pound-for-Pound wrestler in the world in 2016 and considered one of the most dominant wrestlers. He is only 22 years old and I was wondering how far you think he could go if decided to go into MMA?

He's still a very active wrestler.

Won't happen anytime soon

A real man would get out of wrestling and fight like a manly real man.

He can become another all-time great if he wins a gold medal in Tokyo. If he does it at 97kg (beating out Synder) it will especially cement his status as one of the greats. Saitiev won 3 gold medals so perhaps that's a goal to aim for.

Would be fun to see him run through LHW but I think aiming for all-time GOAT status in freestyle wrestling is a more admirable goal. He can do it, he's special.

He's got the Dagestan haircut and beard. It's a good start..

5af06d2fd67e9.png

I'm sick of this fighting style BUT I would like to see a couple of these Dagestanis in the heigher weight classes. The lower classe are over-saturated with them but MW, LHW and HW could all use a Khabib type.

How the F are brain dead sherdoggers so on point with these insane lengthy Muslim names. Honestly cant tell one from another. Grew up around Muslims and you guys are way better than me at this

That entire Caucus region pumps out some great wrestlers. Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Southern Russia. From Greco Roman to freestyle. These guys are animals.

That entire Caucus region pumps out some great wrestlers. Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Southern Russia. From Greco Roman to freestyle. These guys are animals.

Great point
They also are very good in judo and sambo

How the F are brain dead sherdoggers so on point with these insane lengthy Muslim names. Honestly cant tell one from another. Grew up around Muslims and you guys are way better than me at this

It isn’t that hard. Russian names are quite easy to tell, Sergei, Ivan, Mikhail, Aleksandr. When you begin to venture to South West, Russian and mainly the Caucasus, the names sound more Arabic(Within Russia. If you go to Georgia and Armenia the names are from their country and people).

Back