*** "ABC" Amanda Bobby Cooper SHERDOG Q&A ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
How interested are you in women's flyweight bouts possibly being booked more frequently following JoJo/Letourneau or even an eventual UFC women's flyweight division?

You have a good amount of amateur MMA exp. but are still building your pro record, would you prefer your next few fights be against similarly experienced women's strawweights or getting someone with a name in the division asap to rise quicker?
I am definitely excited to see the flyweights fight in the UfC6and i hope they chose to open a division soon so we can get more women out there fighting and showing the world who they are.

I have been fighting for 13 years and have already fought a lot of talented fighters so yes i would like to build my record but i also feel like i can hang with some of the best girls on the world. My record doesnt really show the talent that i believe i have.

Fill us in on some house drama. How did the Abdel situation really go down?

There really wasnt any drama. The situation with abdel was really sad but he wouldnt tell anyone what was really the issue. Maybe he secretly told one of the men but i definitely didnt hear anything. The night he found out about his wife he lost his wesdimg ring in the van on the way to the gym which was reay upsetting. We still never found it.

hi @Amanda Cooper

let me tell you abit about myself. i am 6'3 and i can bench over 275lbs.

that is all.

ok bye now.

Hey, Amanda! Thanks so much again for doing this for us :)

Two questions! Would you ever fight Claudia some day? & what's your favorite video game of all time? :D

Bonus...how many Pokemon have you caught? :p

I love claudia but i have known her for only 6 montha, i have had my dream of being a world champ for 13 years so if i had to i would fight claudia. Hopefully not until we are fighting each other for a title but either way of i want to be the best, i have to fight the best.

I play a lot of different video games but my favorite xbox game is destiny and my favorite pc game is world of warcraft.

Bonus question- i have caught 82 pokemon

@Amanda Cooper I made a quick avatar for you if you want to use it.
e4MzCZd.jpg

Did it give you anxiety having cameras in your face 24/7 in the house? That would drive me crazy

I didnt get upset with the cameras untilthe end of the 6 weeks. I like the excitement and fun that the cameras brought but towards the end i was ready to go home and be done so the cameras bothered me a little more.

In with a slam? Who in the top 10 at SW do you think you beat comfortably?

What are your thoughts with nate diaz stating everyone is on steroids?

And there have been other fighters that have stated a high number of fighters take PEDs, if you had to ball park how many fighters do you think take PEDs to gain that advantage.

Imma get greedy with the questions here.

-Why do you like the trash game Destiny? Its a grindfest.
-Does sweat and smells of other bother you when training BJJ (when rolling) or MT (sparring), for example?
-Do you think Joanna Champion is the greatest female fighter of all time or Ronda?
-What do you think of Jon Jones USADA failure? What about Mini Mendes being suspended for 2 years?
-A gymnast recently failed a USADA test but was found that she had ingested a diuretic from her tap water, does this make you more paranoid about what your ingesting and if it could lead to failure?

Thank you

Thanks for taking the time to do this for the fans.

Sorry, two more. These might appear trivial, but it would be interesting to get a opinion from a female within the sport.

1. What are your thoughts on ring girls? Not the individuals, but the concept.

2. What are your thoughts on the make-up applied to female fighters for the 'Tale of the tape' graphics, and also for the 'talking heads' segments* in fight intros?

* for this bit, I'm asking more about the quality. My girlfriend is always outraged when she sees these bits. Usually accuses me of doing their make-up myself. For the 'Tale of the tape' graphics I think it's weird & poor quality. A brilliant double whammy.
1. I love ring girls. Let me rephrase....i love ring girls when they are done the right way. Classy, pretty ring girls are the way to do it but i have been to some shows where there are some insanely trashy women and it makes the show look terrible.

2. I have always walked the line of girly girl and tom boy so i love seeing girls with make up on but can always kick ass. But to me, its up to the girl on how she wants to look and how she wants to be portrayed.

Before I ask any questions I would first like to say thank you for taking the time out of your day to do this, it's greatly appreciated. Big fan, and I actually had you winning your fight at the finale btw!

My questions are, first off generally what is your walk around weight? & do you have somebody in your mind that you'd like to fight next?

Thanks for asking questions. Im having fun answering them. My walking weight is about 130. I usually dont get over 135 but i can get as low as 125 walking. Usually i am around 130lbs. And sadly i dont have anyone in mind to fight. I try not to watch a lot of womens mma so i dont really know a ton of the strawweights.

Hi and thanks for being part of the most mature TUF ever. I mean that as a compliment.

Question - are you tempted to spend time at one or two of the bigger MMA gyms for your next fight? If so, which and why?

Question - thinking about my comment above, do you think the mixed gender set up for this season helped keep stupid drama to a minimum?

Congrats on getting to the final. Looking forward to seeing you fight again.

Yes this season was very mature and everyone got along super well. I think the mixed gender season was the only reason there was no drama. It was alot easier to talk to the men because the women knew they wldnt have to fight them. It was comforting.

I dont plan on ever leaving my gym. My gym is the reason fighting is so much fun for me. If i need to i have the ability to bring people in to help my camps and that us what i have done in the past. I truly believe my team and coaches can make me a world champ and i owe it to them to become the best in the world.

Thanks for asking questions. Im having fun answering them. My walking weight is about 130. I usually dont get over 135 but i can get as low as 125 walking. Usually i am around 130lbs. And sadly i dont have anyone in mind to fight. I try not to watch a lot of womens mma so i dont really know a ton of the strawweights.

I can't believe that guy asked you about your weight. What's next Sherdog, we ask ABC how old she is? Uncivilized heathens.

Having said that, after cutting to 116, do you recover all the way back to 130 by the time you're in the cage?

Thanks for doing this, thought you were ace on the show and look forward to seeing you scrap again.

Yay ABC Q&A!!! Can't believe it @Homeless Infant, is this real life?

@gorgonon @Mark Zima @Vulkkan @Asurah @Xuh @BisexualMMA @airic_15 get in here!!

Did UFC offered you to sign a contract even though you lost to Tatiana? Or will you keep on fighting in Invicta?
I am still waiting to hear from the UFC to see whats next.

If you are signed to UFC who would you like to fight next?
I really dont watch alot of womens mma. Not because i dont like it but because i dont like to watch my potential opponents on the big screen like that. It puts them on the pedestal before they even belong there. So i dont have an idea of someone i would like to fight.

What is your favorite fight of all time?
My favorite fight/fights ever is the trilogy between Micky War and Arturo Gatti. If u havent seen it you should watch the highkight video on youtube. It just shows me what the human body and mind can go through. Truly inspiring.

You have very brutal GnP for WMMA, are you working on that area of your game more than others or it just comes naturally? I believe i am naturally good at GnP. I wont on it of course but i have always had vicious GnP. Nothing better than holding a girl down ans beating that crap out of her.

And last one....We had TUF Trivia Game on Sherdog and almost all participants rooted for you very hard so if you could just give a shoutout to Trivia Game Members that would be awesome?

Wow thats really awesome. Thank you to all the Trivia Game Members for supporting me. Love you all.

What do you feel you need to improve on now to be more successful in the future?

Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions.

Also @JohnyBrabo is your biggest fan:D:D:D

I have alot to improve on. Definitely my wrestling is my weakest area and i have worked hard to get it to the level that it is now but i have alot of work still. I am always evaluating my skill and trying to make me better than i was the day before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back