Ab-ril: month four of the S&C weight loss and conditioning log

2/12/12

Weekly weigh in: 185.6

Bodyweight has gone from 204 --->195.2 --->191.8 --->192.4 --->189.4 ---> 188.2 --->185.6

I actually weighed 185.0 on Saturday, but then I ate kind of bad and had a couple of drinks. Back on the healthy eating wagon again today though.

Alright Gents you have all been waiting. Here it is.

Breakfast
10 egg whites & 2 whole eggs
1-cup ( un-cooked ) oatmeal with 1/4 cup of berries

Snack One:

Blend the following:
3 scoops protein powder
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
1 tablespoon Natural Peanut Butter
8 ice cubes
8 ounces of water

Lunch:

12 ounces of grilled, baked, or steamed salmon, sea bass, tilapia, cod, 98% lean beef, chicken, or turkey
2-cups of green veggies (steamed without butter or oils) *broccoli, green beans, asparagus, spinach, etc
1/2 of a baked sweet potato (no butter or sugar) or 1/2 cup of brown rice

Snack Two:

Blend the following:

3 scoops protein powder
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
1 tablespoon Natural Peanut Butter
8 ice cubes
8 ounces of water

Dinner:

12 ounces of grilled, baked, or steamed salmon, sea bass, tilapia, cod, 98% lean beef, chicken, or turkey
2-cups of green veggies (steamed without butter or oils) *broccoli, green beans, asparagus, spinach, etc

Before Bed:

10 egg whites & 2 whole eggs with salsa for flavor

Started this morning.

You must go through sooooo many eggs!!!!

So I thought I would pose you guys a question since most people on here have a lot more experience than me

My girlfriend is going to train to run a half-marathon in may, she wanted me to run it with her and my first initial reaction was "hell no". I figured the recovery from my powrrlifting coupled with running would be too much without my lifting being compromised.

So my question is.....if I wanted to train running on my "upper body" day, starting light as I suck at running, something like half mile adding a tenth or two per workout, is this even possible without my lifting taking a hit?

I don't care how slow I run in may, it's not about me being competitive at all, just wondering if it's possible

I know it's probably idiotic, just thought I would ask

I was training for a half marathon before I started keeping a log on here, but things fell through and I was never able to run in it. I made it up to 6.5 mile runs in training before I stopped. It will almost definitely affect your lifting in a negative way once your mileage starts getting higher.

If you actually want to run in a half marathon then do it. You'll probably be able to maintain your current numbers or maybe even make some small gains, and then when its over you can resume as normal. If you are doing this to lose weight, there are much much better ways.

Also, if you are going to do it you should check out Hal Higdon's website. He is a very experienced runner and lays out a pretty effective way to train for both marathons and half marathons.

I was training for a half marathon before I started keeping a log on here, but things fell through and I was never able to run in it. I made it up to 6.5 mile runs in training before I stopped. It will almost definitely affect your lifting in a negative way once your mileage starts getting higher.

If you actually want to run in a half marathon then do it. You'll probably be able to maintain your current numbers or maybe even make some small gains, and then when its over you can resume as normal. If you are doing this to lose weight, there are much much better ways.

It's not to lose weight, it was me thinking about doing it just because my girlfriend wanted me too and I wanted to be supportive

But in the end my comp in April and my lifting is way more important than running. I will probably still run some with her to try and help be supportive any way I can, but keep it to like once a week

Probably best.

There is no way you could properly train for a half marathon and do smolov like you had planned.

The more I think about it, if it wasn't for smolov then it probably wouldn't be that far out of the question. Training can easily be done three days a week for it. 2 shorter runs that would build up to about three miles or so, and then one long run on the weekend.

Probably best.

There is no way you could properly train for a half marathon and do smolov like you had planned.

The more I think about it, if it wasn't for smolov then it probably wouldn't be that far out of the question. Training can easily be done three days a week for it. 2 shorter runs that would build up to about three miles or so, and then one long run on the weekend.

Yeah that's what I was planning on, just something minimal impact, if I did that though I would probably be under trained and DNF in may

Yeah smolov would kill any running I would want to do, it's double smolov too with bench, so that's going to be my only focus until April, only 10 weeks out, going to go fast

Put in 45 minutes on the resplendent bike today. Playing games on my tablet really helps to while the time away.

You must go through sooooo many eggs!!!!

In the 10 weeks I'll be doing this I will have eaten 1700 eggs. I will most likely continue the egg intake after it's over also just not to the same degree. Last Thursday night I bought 150 eggs...it was't even a weeks worth.

Also, I'm getting so ripped you guiz!

Alright Gents you have all been waiting. Here it is.

Breakfast
10 egg whites & 2 whole eggs
1-cup ( un-cooked ) oatmeal with 1/4 cup of berries

Before Bed:

10 egg whites & 2 whole eggs with salsa for flavor

Started this morning.

What's with all the egg whites? I guess you want the protein without the fat from the yolks?

In the 10 weeks I'll be doing this I will have eaten 1700 eggs. I will most likely continue the egg intake after it's over also just not to the same degree. Last Thursday night I bought 150 eggs...it was't even a weeks worth.

Also, I'm getting so ripped you guiz!

Does this mean you are throwing away the yolks and only eating the egg white? I figured you would just be being egg whites. Are you rich or something?

What's with all the egg whites? I guess you want the protein without the fat from the yolks?

Does this mean you are throwing away the yolks and only eating the egg white? I figured you would just be being egg whites. Are you rich or something?

Correct, plus less calories and cholesterol. 3.5g of protein in the egg white and 6g in the whole egg so approx. 50g of protein in the 10 egg white 2 whole egg portion.

I am throwing away the yolks, Kroger sells 36 egg packs for $2.50 so I can get a weeks worth of eggs for $11.50. Far from being rich. Plus it cuts down on buying $30 worth of Chinese food, pizza, going out to restaurants etc. Probably actually going to be saving money.

36 eggs for $2.50? that's a good deal. I get 18 packs and I think they are around $4 each.

I just buy cartons of egg whites and drink them. It's more expensive but less time-consuming, lol.

And I've lost mucho weight this month. I think I'm up to 5 lbs.!

I just buy cartons of egg whites and drink them. It's more expensive but less time-consuming, lol.

And I've lost mucho weight this month. I think I'm up to 5 lbs.!

I've lost 6 lbs in the last week. Suck it skinny boy!

Conditioning last night after training:

Prowler Sprints
50lbs x 60 yds x 6

I am somewhat sorry (while at the same time not really...) to say that I am officially giving up on trying to lose weight for the time being. I seem to not be able to eat over 2k calories without gaining weight (even while lifting 3 times a week, and doing bjj 3 times a week) while at 5'9" at 180lbs... So OBVIOUSLY my body just plain doesn't want to be at this weight... So I'll keep up the cardio and try to gain as little amount of fat as possible... but we'll see what happens.

Fairwell shreduary and jacktuary comrades! see you on the other side.

Back