Ab-ril: month four of the S&C weight loss and conditioning log

My fat ass is in. My scale's broken and I can't use my credit card to buy a new one yet, so my starting weight will be largely a mystery, but lately I've been walking into the gym after lunch at around 160 lbs.

Wednesday 2/1/12

Conditioning Workout #12

Heavy Bag
6 rounds
2 min work: 1 min rest

Hadn't hit the bag in a while. Felt really good. Wanted to run some intervals on the treadmill also but was on lunch break and didn't have time.

My fat ass is in. My scale's broken and I can't use my credit card to buy a new one yet, so my starting weight will be largely a mystery, but lately I've been walking into the gym after lunch at around 160 lbs.

Hory shit, It's grodzrilla ! Lol, When's your next meet ?

Sweet, another thread to remind me that i didn't lose as much as i wanted to :icon_lol:

anyways, i'm 'bout 180.5 today. And I need to be at 181 with my Gi on on the 11th, So around 175 without it. And i wanna get there without cutting any water weight lol (that shit sucks..)

Im in @ 214. I am shooting for 205 by the end of shreduary. I got a 10 mile fun run in March I need to dominate.

I am gona shed the lbs by running ( lsd and fartleks ).

Thursday 2/2/12

Conditioning Workout #13
4 mile run/walk with my dog.

8's Wave
Accumulation Phase

Strict Press
45x5
95x3
115x3
125x8
125x5
125x5

Push Press
140x3
160x3
180x3

Chinups

DB Curls
30x10
25x10
25x10

Overhead DB Extensions
50x15
50x15
50x15

Press has just gone to shit since the team comp ended. Lower bodyweight, calorie deficit, less volume, whatever. I'll just do my realization next week as planned and adjust from there.

I was rushed for time, so the chinups were supersetted with the presses and the tricep extensions were supersetted with the curls.

Muay Thai tonight. I lost at least a few pounds of water weight. I really want a beer right now because I'm beat but I'm going to resist. I'll just drink more water until I'm re-hydrated.

I was 178 this morning (182~ monday). Although I ate too much today... subway for lunch, and then turkey, mashed potatoes, a roll, a piece of cake, and a coke for dinner... that prolly screwed me over lol.

Friday 2/3/12

Matt Gary Singles Week #5

Deadlift
135x3
185x2
225x1
290x1
290x1
290x1
290x1
290x1
290x6 AMAP

Squat
135x5
185x5
225x5

Front Squat
140x3
160x3
190x3

Shrugs
205x10
205x10
205x10

3 circuits of:
Overhead Tricep Extension 40x15
DB Curls 20x10
Front/Lateral DB Raises 12.5x20

A few things to note for this one.

I have decided that on the deadlift singles program I will do an AMAP set in place of the last single.

Not this week or the next, but starting the 5's wave there will be hamstring curls added onto deadlift day.

The front squats were supposed to be at 70, 80, and 90% but I miscalculated and did 95% on the last set. Oh well.

My workout partner is in college and is going to a beer throwing party tonight where being shirtless around hot chicks is inevitable, so the circuit at the end was for him. It was a real sleeve buster.

December 22nd i was 227, holidays were a bad time for me, too much food and stress made me go up to 237, been watching what i eat alot better and was 230 when i got up this morning. Still in no huge rush, have 11 weeks to get below 220, my main goal is just to eat alot better up until my competition so i have a little room to spare and im not sweating it out (literally)

December 22nd i was 227, holidays were a bad time for me, too much food and stress made me go up to 237, been watching what i eat alot better and was 230 when i got up this morning. Still in no huge rush, have 11 weeks to get below 220, my main goal is just to eat alot better up until my competition so i have a little room to spare and im not sweating it out (literally)

G'luck.

thanks man, good news is ill be off the road here soon, that seems to be what gets me. All i do all day is sit on my ass and eat fast food, then dont workout because im usually stuck in a hotel in the middle of nowhere. Going to be home everyday now with a set schedule, so im hoping i can control it alot better

Well the training yesterday made up for my bad diet lol. 178.5lbs this morning, and imma try and hold it there through superbowl weekend..

Weekly weigh in: 188.2

Bodyweight has gone from 204 --->195.2 --->191.8 --->192.4 --->189.4 --->188.2

It seems the 178.5 was purely due to being dehydrated from the long BJJ/MMA sessions lol.

About 179.5-180 this morning. So I"ve lost about a pound this week so far...however I'm feeling and looking a little bit thinner. So hopefully i'm burning some fat even though I"m not losing as much weight.

I"ve added in doing 15-20 minutes of padwork after BJJ as well.

Conditioning work has totally fallen off while I have been at home, as has diet. Will try to get into the gym today to rectify.

I may also change my running approach, and go for longer durations at lower intensity, at least for a while.

Managed to get into the gym for a mainly conditioning workout.

1) Resplendent bike- 30 minutes on some setting or other (some people call this a "recumbent bike"- not me)
2) Stair climber- 10 minutes on an easy setting
3) 50 overhead squats with a PVC pipe (mainly to see what it would be like)
4) Some curls and tricep rope pushdowns (because I could)
5) Stair climber- 2 minutes at a fast speed (just to test what speed I will need to sprint)

Whiled away the time on the bike playing the awesome game "Osmos" on my phone. Time went by very quickly. Will do this again, but for longer time and faster/at higher intensity.

Alright Gents you have all been waiting. Here it is.

Breakfast
10 egg whites & 2 whole eggs
1/4-cup ( un-cooked ) oatmeal with 1/4 cup of berries

Snack One:

Blend the following:
3 scoops protein powder
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
1 tablespoon Natural Peanut Butter
8 ice cubes
8 ounces of water

Lunch:

12 ounces of grilled, baked, or steamed salmon, sea bass, tilapia, cod, 98% lean beef, chicken, or turkey
2-cups of green veggies (steamed without butter or oils) *broccoli, green beans, asparagus, spinach, etc
1/2 of a baked sweet potato (no butter or sugar) or 1/2 cup of brown rice

Snack Two:

Blend the following:

3 scoops protein powder
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
1 tablespoon Natural Peanut Butter
8 ice cubes
8 ounces of water

Dinner:

12 ounces of grilled, baked, or steamed salmon, sea bass, tilapia, cod, 98% lean beef, chicken, or turkey
2-cups of green veggies (steamed without butter or oils) *broccoli, green beans, asparagus, spinach, etc

Before Bed:

10 egg whites & 2 whole eggs with salsa for flavor

Started this morning.

Last edited:
Damn, that's some clean eating right there! How do you prepare the uncooked oatmeal and berries? As is?

Back