Aaron Pico, What happened to that?

WildF

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Too lazy to research, when is he expected to debut? Legit prospect but how long until his Bellator debut. I know he is involved in other stuff with boxing and wrestling. anyone know?

Hes still doing his wrestling thing. Wont be till after he wins the olympics he'll be fighting.

He's only 18 and he's going to try to make the Olympics. Right now, he's about 3rd in line at his weight. I don't expect him to go to MMA for at least another 5 years which will give him 2 shots at the Olympics.

Just recognized your AV, funny how you pick the self-titled. That your favorite?

cant wait to see what hes capable of in mma

even after the Metcalf match cant wait to see more of him

He should make his MMA debut against a low level fighter at the end of 2016 and continue to do that for about 2-3 years. The refocus on the wrestling more for the 2020 olympics, and when that ends, go full steam ahead with MMA.

Just recognized your AV, funny how you pick the self-titled. That your favorite?

That is my favorite album cover from them. I think that is their most underrated album. Not sure which one is my favorite. Probably White Pony, diamond eyes second

How he does mma after 2016 cause if he is going to 2020 before doing mma that sucks. Yes he's young and would only be like 25 if he waits till 2020 but if he jumps into mma in 2016 he could be a champ by 2020.

either way I'm def excited to see what he can do. He's got a ton of hype on him.

How he does mma after 2016 cause if he is going to 2020 before doing mma that sucks. Yes he's young and would only be like 25 if he waits till 2020 but if he jumps into mma in 2016 he could be a champ by 2020.

either way I'm def excited to see what he can do. He's got a ton of hype on him.

I think he will fight after the next olympics, but it'll be the Michael Page treatment times 10 until he gives up wrestling in 2020 (or sooner)

Idk why but this thread reminded me of that guy Mark Ellis. I only heard of him when he was about to fight ryan martinez in proelite and people were kinda hyping him up because he was a wrestler and he lost. Seems he hasn't had a fight since.

I think he should start training on his MMA now to open up his wrestling a bit more. It seems like his one technique is the pass by and a solid stance. Can't be a one trick pony on the world scene.

I think he should start training on his MMA now to open up his wrestling a bit more. It seems like his one technique is the pass by and a solid stance. Can't be a one trick pony on the world scene.

His main technique is a good stance to get his opponent slightly off balance then using his very heavy hands to do a snapdown on thr opponent then work his offense from the front headlock. The Metcalf match showed though that when facing a brick built defensive guy who stays in his stance he didn't have many backup options for offense when that failed.

His main technique is a good stance to get his opponent slightly off balance then using his very heavy hands to do a snapdown on thr opponent then work his offense from the front headlock. The Metcalf match showed though that when facing a brick built defensive guy who stays in his stance he didn't have many backup options for offense when that failed.

I agree 100%. That match showed he wasn't able to adapt to a wrestler with a solid stance. He needs to find a way to open up more because waiting on a front head lock and quick go behinds is only going to get you so far.

cant wait to see what hes capable of in mma

Well never know as long as he is signed with Bellator sadly. I remember reading something about Chris Weidman almost signing with Bellator too. Must be a pretty sweet pay day at the end of the rainbow for this kid.

Well never know as long as he is signed with Bellator sadly. I remember reading something about Chris Weidman almost signing with Bellator too. Must be a pretty sweet pay day at the end of the rainbow for this kid.

That was only true when Bjorn was at the helm. Scott isn't as big of an asswipe.

Back